Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

Today was the day Morgan and I had to leave Texas. I don’t know where the time went, I’ll tell you that. We spent the remaining days after our one month anniversary hanging out with his old friends, going out with his mom, visiting his favourite places in the town, and just generally enjoying each others company. It felt so strange to be spending time with Morgan outside of the city I’ve always known, but it was also quite nice. He was so much more…relaxed. Like he had less cares, less frustrations. I felt privileged to see him like this, actually. I got to see the real Morgan Jones, something which no-one in Florida can say they’ve seen.

But this visit couldn’t last forever.

We’d already said goodbye to Morgan’s friends Tommy, Michael and Liam last night, so the only person we had to really say goodbye to now was Morgan’s mom. And this would be the hardest of all, because this was a final goodbye. By the end of the week, Morgan’s mom Ellie had started to deteriorate, her breathing a shaky rattle and her energy dropping to new lows. It was as if she was waiting to see Morgan one last time. Morgan cried himself to sleep last night. I don’t know if he knows I heard him, but it was heartbreaking. He knows exactly what’s happening to his mom, and it hurts him that can’t do a damn thing about it.

“I can’t leave you, mom. I can’t leave you knowing I’ll never see you again,” Morgan whimpered.

I felt a lump rising in my throat already, so I just ducked my head, letting Morgan get out all the emotions I know he needs to.

“Of course you’ll see me again Morgan! I’ll be waiting for you,” his mom reassured.

“But I don’t want you to go! I can’t leave you! You’re my momma,” Morgan choked.

“I’ll always be in your heart, Morgan. I’ll be the warm sunshine beaming down, I’ll be the whisper in the wind, I’ll be the star in the sky. And I’ll always be your momma. That will never change,”

“Flight 107 to Miami, boarding has commenced,”

Morgan inhaled sharply, so I placed my hand on his shoulder. I don’t want to leave. He doesn’t want to leave. But we have to.

“I love you, mom,”

“I love you too, Morgan. Take care of him, Tryce,”

I smiled weakly and nodded. “I will. Goodbye, Ellie,”

Morgan gave his mom one last hug before letting her go. Tears filled his eyes so I picked him up, wrapping his legs around my waist to allow him to watch his mom as I walked us to the gate. His mom’s nurse handed me our carry-on luggage and I took them with a smile, pressing a kiss to the side of Morgan’s head before walking away from the small group. Morgan clutched at me tighter, his eyes locked with his mom’s as he got further and further away from her. I didn’t have to look at him to know that the wetness on my neck was his tears. I handed our tickets in, waiting patiently until I got them back, allowing us past the barrier.

“Mom!” Morgan whimpered.

“Ssh, it’ll be okay. Everything will be okay. I promise,” I whispered, holding onto him tighter.

“I wish I could believe you,”

Me too, Morgan. Me too.

*

2 and a half hours later, our plane touched down. Morgan stopped crying about half an hour into the flight, but he’d barely spoken a word. I knew he needed some space though, so I didn’t pressure him into anything. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I had? Besides, I left my hand open on his armrest for when he was ready, and after an hour and a half had passed, he linked his fingers with mine. Told you.

It didn’t even take long for us to get our bags, and I picked up both of them to save Morgan the trouble.

“Can I drive?” Morgan asked quietly as we walked away from baggage reclaim.

It’s his car, but is he really alright to drive?

“Are you sure, Morgie?” I asked hesitantly.

“Yeah, I want to keep my mind occupied,” Morgan nodded.

I sighed. “Okay, if that’s what you want,”

Morgan smiled and pressed a quick kiss to my lips, reassuring me that he’s still the man that I fell in love with. I smiled and pressed a kiss to the top of his head before letting him lead me out of the airport terminal and over to his car. As Morgan pulled out of the parking lot, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, realising there was someone I needed to talk to. Morgan frowned slightly as the anxiety on my face, but didn’t say anything.

“H-Hey Dad,” I murmured.

“Tryce! How are you? Is everything alright?” my dad asked cheerfully.

I smiled wryly, feeling relieved as I realised he hadn’t changed a bit.

“I’m good yeah. Everything’s fine, I just thought I’d tell you that Morgan and I are on our way back from the airport,” I told him.

My dad fell silent for a few seconds, making me bite my lip. Morgan looked over at me briefly and frowned again at the worried look on my face, and rested his hand on my thigh, squeezing gently in reassurance. I smiled gratefully at him, glad for any help I could get. I don’t like this silence.

“You’re not coming home, are you?” my dad finally said.

I inhaled sharply. “No, not yet. Not until mom…not until everything’s okay,” I admitted.

I winced as my dad cursed under his breath. He never curses.

“Your mom still loves you, Tryce. That will never change, no matter what her opinions are on your sexuality,”

“Sure didn’t seem like it last week,” I muttered.

Morgan didn’t have to ask to know what I was talking about, and took my phone out of my hand. I didn’t even protest, just slinking down my seat a little further. Fuck all of this. I’ve always been the perfect son! Why doesn’t my mom want me anymore?

“Hello, Mr Reagan? It’s Morgan,” Morgan announced, driving with one hand.



“Yeah, Tryce is upset. Well, what did you expect?”



“Mm, I’ve been trying and I will continue to try. I love him, so I don’t care what your wife thinks, no offence,”



“Yeah, we’ll be staying at mine. Can you or Carlie bring over more of his stuff? Funny enough Tryce won’t fit my clothes,”



“Hah, yeah, gym junkie, right? Anyway, I’m driving so I’d better go,”



“Yeah, I’ll tell him. He loves you too. Bye!”

Morgan closed my phone, handing it back to me.

“Your dad says he loves you and misses you. And that you’re welcome back any time, regardless of how your mom is acting,” Morgan told me.

Tears sprung to my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I am stronger than this. Worse has happened to me. I’ve got Morgan to help me through this.

“Thank you. For everything,” I whispered, turning my head to look at him.

“Hush. You’re my boy, I would do more if I could. Fuck, I bet I could get the asshole who calls himself my father to buy you an Italian sports car if it makes you feel any better,” Morgan mused, trying to lighten the mood.

I chuckled, a small smile spreading across my lips, making Morgan smile too.

“That’s a nice offer, but I’m fine. I’ve got you, so I don’t need anything else,”

“Such a fucking cheeseball,” Morgan teased.

I just grinned at him. “You wouldn’t have me any other way,”

Morgan pretended to think about it for a second before he shrugged, smiling at me. It was right then that I knew everything would be okay. As long as I had Morgan by my side, I would never have to worry about anything ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Their visit to Texas is over...
And Tryce isn't going home...
This can only be interesting, right?

Thanks for the comments, they mean the world to us =]
Keep it up!

xo