Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

I woke up to sunlight hitting my face and I groaned, shielding my eyes.

“Morgie, go close the curtains,” I grumbled.

What? I’m tired! But there was no reply, making me frown. I rolled onto my side to face where Morgan slept…only to find he wasn’t there…and that the sheets were perfectly uncrumpled. He didn’t sleep here at all. He didn’t come back after he left last night. Shit, where did he go?! His phone is still here too, so I can’t call him. With that thought I scrambled to my feet and pulled on my t-shirt and jeans from yesterday. Where the fuck could he be?!

Think, Tryce. Think.

Okay, I think I remember him saying something about us needing to get more of my stuff from my house…maybe he went there? I quickly climbed out of his window and shimmied down the side of the house. If I walk fast, it won’t take long to get to mine.

15 minutes later and I’m here. Okay, Morgan’s car isn’t outside my house. Maybe he walked here like I did. My car is still here so I couldn’t have driven over. I fished my front door key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door…only to hear conversation. Which promptly stopped as soon as they realised I was in the house. Shit.

“Tryce? Is that you?” my dad called.

Great. With a sigh I kicked off my shoes, shutting the front door behind me.

“Yeah, it’s me,” I called back.

I wasn’t expecting my mom to be standing with my dad and Carlie when I lifted my head.

“I thought you said you weren’t coming home?” my dad said softly.

“I’m not. Not yet. I’m just looking for Morgan,” I replied, not looking at my mom.

“Why would he be here?” Carlie frowned.

“I thought he might be getting more of my stuff,” I shrugged.

They don’t need to know about our mini-argument last night.

“No, he isn’t here. He hasn’t been here either,” my dad replied, shaking his head.

“Oh, well, I’d better leave to find him then,” I muttered.

I didn’t look at anyone as I picked up my shoes again. Fuck, I hate this feeling, the feeling like I’m not welcome in my own home. It fucking sucks. With another sigh I opened the front door once more.

“Tryce, wait!” my mom said quickly.

Uh, what? With a frown I turned around, only to see my dad and Carlie walking back into the kitchen. Great. Just great.

“What, mom?” I asked, shutting the front door. I’m really not in the mood for another lecture.

“I…I want to say…that I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have treated you the way that I did before you left for Texas,” my mom said hesitantly.

My jaw dropped slightly as I processed her words. I was not expecting that. And before I could reply, my mom started speaking again.

“Since you’ve been gone, all I can think about is how wrong I was. You’re my baby boy, and I guess I was just scared and confused. I didn’t know what to think! I never would’ve guessed that you would be into…men as well as women, especially not Morgan, but I shouldn’t have taken my shock out on you. It wasn’t fair and it wasn’t right,” she continued.

“No, it wasn’t fair,” I said with a weak smile.

My mom’s face fell slightly, but she carried on.

“I know you won’t forgive me easily, but I miss you Tryce. I miss having you around all the time and I miss having you to talk to. I’m sorry, I really am,” my mom finished.

Tears stung at my eyes and I pressed my lips together to stop them falling.

“I get that it’s going to take some time for you to get used to my lifestyle now mom, but what you did still hurt me and I won’t be able to get over that so easily. You’re still my mom and I still love you, but I can’t move back just yet,” I said honestly.

Tears gathered in my mom’s eyes and she nodded, her arms falling to her side. So I did the only thing I could do. I pulled her into a hug, wrapping my arms as tightly around her as I could. My mom immediately wrapped her arms around me, her whole body shaking as she buried her face into my neck to stifle her sobs.

“It’s okay, mom. Everything will be okay,” I murmured, kissing the top of her head.

I don’t know how long we stood there for, but when my mom had eventually stopped crying she pulled out of my arms, smiling weakly at me.

“Thank you,” she murmured, wiping the running mascara from her cheeks.

I just nodded, smiling at her sadly. This…this was not what I was expecting to happen when I got here. But maybe this is a good thing. Maybe things can slowly start getting back to normal, back to the way they were before now.

“Breakfast’s ready!” my dad called from the kitchen.

I laughed softly. Nice timing.

“Are you staying to eat?” my mom asked, looking up at me.

“Yeah, I can stay for a little while,” I nodded.

I ended up staying for over half an hour, the four of us sitting around the table like nothing had happened in the past few weeks. But I’ve got to find Morgan. I need to talk to him about last night.

“I’d better get back to Morgan, seeing as I didn’t find him here,” I announced, standing up.

“Don’t be a stranger, Tryce,” my dad warned playfully.

“Yeah, we missed you,” Carlie said, before averting her eyes.

I just chuckled and pressed a kiss to the top of her head, hugging everyone before I left the kitchen. With a sigh I pulled my shoes back on and check that my phone was in my pocket – it was – before opening the front door.

“Hey, Tryce, I’m leaving for work now – why don’t I give you a ride to Morgan’s? You didn’t drive here, right?” my mom offered, walking up behind me.

I smiled and nodded. “Sure, that’d be great,”

I looked over my shoulder to see my dad and Carlie beaming, letting me know I’d done the right thing.

*

“Thanks for the ride, mom,” I said with a small smile.

“No problem, Tryce. I’ll be working late all week, but…don’t feel like you can’t call, okay?” my mom told me.

Maybe things are looking better already then.

“Sure thing. I’ll see you soon,” I smiled.

I kissed her cheek quickly and got out the car, waving as she pulled away. Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t drive to my house this morning. Without thinking to go round the side of the house to climb into Morgan’s room, I knocked on the front door. Habits, I guess. Morgan’s dad answered the door.

“Uh, hi Tryce. I didn’t hear you leave this morning,” Morgan’s dad greeted me.

“Mm, I was quiet. Is Morgan here?” I asked hopefully.

“I’m not sure. I can never tell when he’s home anymore. Feel free to have a look,” Morgan’s dad said.

I bit back he doesn’t count this as his home, and just smiled, walking into the house and up the stairs that lead to Morgan’s room. I tried the handle but it wouldn’t budge. Typical, he climbed in through the window. I pressed my ear against the door, hoping to hear at least his music playing, but all I could hear was…crying? Shit, is Morgan crying?! I knew he wouldn’t open the door willingly, so I took a couple of steps away before lunging forward and ramming my shoulder into the door with as much force as I could. I heard a crack and something definitely splintered. With a grunt I stepped away again, and lunged again. This time the lock broke and I fell into the room, landed with a groan on the chair he’d propped up under the handle last night.

But I didn’t have time to feel sorry for myself, because sitting on his bed was Morgan. Morgan sobbing. Morgan sobbing down the phone.

“Morgie, what’s wrong, baby?” I asked worriedly, jumping to my feet.

Morgan just shook his head, his face contorting into even more agony, and I immediately felt my blood run cold.

“Oh Morgie,” I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFFHANGER!

Let us know what you think =]
xo