Status: Active?

Halloween Head

15

I decided to watch my dads show from the side of the stage instead of facing the guys who where in the blocked off V.I.P. area. I guess the hardest part was that Garrett had spotted me early on and stared at me for the duration of the show. I hadn’t had the chance to talk to my dad about what had happened but I figured I’d bother him with it after the show.

I sang along softly to ‘Desire’ as I felt someone approach my side. “Are you okay?” the female voice asked keeping her eyes looked on the stage. “You don’t look well.”

“Me and Garrett had a little falling out.” I stated finally facing Mandy.

“Oh, do you want to talk about it?” She asked placing her hand on my shoulder.

“I took him to the diner down the street and he told me, I could tell him anything but when I did he completely blew it off.” I spoke quickly as I started to cry again.

“Well, what did you tell him?” She asked wrapping her arm around my shoulders.

“That I loved him.” I sniffled and she sighed and pulled me into a hug.

“He’ll come around. I’ve seen the way he looks at you, he’s just scared.” She mused causing me to calm down enough to finish watching my dad’s set.

“How was it?” He asked me out of breath as he stumbled off the stage.

“Fantastic as always.” I mumbled walking off leaving Mandy to tell him what had happened. I felt tears filling my eyes as I shuffled to the back exit of the venue. I wasn’t paying attention and ran into something solid almost falling over but a pair of arms steadied me.

“Amberlynn?” Someone asked, I looked up and my eyes met a pair of familiar blue ones.

“Thomas?” I questioned back causing him to smile a little.

Thomas was my childhood friend, he was like the boy next door that you kind of had a crush on but gave up as the years past. He was a year older than me and usually clad in beachwear, swim trunks, tank tops, and the occasional flannel, and never caught without a pair of sunglasses. I looked down at his jeans and laughed through my tears at his lanky form.

“I didn’t know they made jeans for giraffes.” I joked as he laughed sarcastically.

“And I didn’t know they let oompa loompa’s out of the factory.” He shot back before throwing his arms around me. “Why are you crying?” He asked keeping his arms around me. I shook my head wanting to drop the whole situation.

I looked back at the group of boys, all holding confused looks, I traced my eyes over their faces and landed on Garrett, he was confused, sad, and blank. I moved my eyes to where my dad and Mandy where standing, they caught my gaze and began to walk over.

“Hello Thomas.” My dad greeted awkwardly man hugging the tall boy.

“Dad I’m staying with Thomas tonight.” I finally spoke looking back at Garrett. I looked up at Thomas who just smiled and my dad and Mandy who nodded knowingly. I quickly grabbed Thomas’ arm and pulled him away from the back entrance into the dark night.

I sat on the couch of Thomas’ apartment and wrapped myself in a blanket while he moved around the kitchen making hot chocolate. I had spent the past hour crying until finally I calmed myself enough to ask for the blanket I was now wrapped in and explain my outburst to Thomas.

“Here you go.” He said handing me a mug topped with white fluff. We sat in silence as we drank the cocoa. It was comfortable with Thomas. You didn’t need to say much, we both preferred silence over talking. I sat my empty cup on the coffee table next to Thomas’ and yawned.

“I’m ready for bed, where am I sleeping?” I asked looking to him and standing up.

“Uh, You can take my bed, I’ll sleep out here.” He said gesturing to the couch.

“Thomas, you are not sleeping on the couch. We can share the bed.” I said pulling him up as a smile lit up his face.

“Okay!” He yelled jumping over the love seat and running to his room. When I got there after him I kept the blanket around my body and slipped off my jeans. Thomas was already in bed, under the covers. I sighed and climbed in next to him, he closed his eyes and kept still for a few minutes, I finally figured he was sleeping and he threw his arm over my body and pulled me to his chest. I looked at him and noted the wide smile on his face.

Because You’re Mine, I Walk The Line.

I reached on to the floor and felt around for my phone. I didn’t bother looking at the caller i.d. and answered into the line.

“Hello?” I asked groggily into the phone.

“We need to talk, now. Where are you?” The voice said in the other end.

“I’m at Kinsing and 8th. I’ll meet you outside.” I said back. I got up knowing he would be here soon considering he was right down the street. I didn’t bother putting my clothes back on, I just slipped on some random slippers that where in the living room and walked out the sit on the stairs, the fluffy black blanket wrapped around my body. It took him about 3 minutes until I could see the wrapped up figure walking towards me.

I stood upon his arrival and looked him the eye. He took a deep breath and squinted a little and frowned.

“I love you to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
follow me on tumblr and twitter cause you get update info and sneak peeeeeks.

twitter: @savemesarabeth
tumblr: savemesarabeth.tumblr.com