Status: Active?

Halloween Head

1

It had been three months since I had met Garrett, and each day we formed a stronger and stronger friendship, I even spent time with his band that sometimes played acoustic at my house because my dad couldn’t go to shows anymore.

Tonight, Garrett’s parents had invited my dad and I to a celebration dinner for Trey, Garrett’s older brother who was going off to collage. The dinner was at Tempe’s best restaurant, called “Shay’s” I had finally picked something to wear and now sat in the car on the way to the restaurant. I decided on a dress form Betsey Johnson and a pair of cowboy boots I had bought on a trip to Barney’s with my dad last summer.

Garrett was standing outside of the restaurant upon our arrival. “Hello.” He greeted smoothing his tie as my dad handed the keys to valet.

“Hey Garrett.” He smiled shaking his hand.

“Hello Mr. Adams.” Garrett said back getting serious.

“Please Garrett, call me Ryan.” Garrett nodded and led us inside.

I wont deny the fact that it had taken no time at all for me to fall for Garrett. It seemed like everything fell into place, we were obviously meant to meet each other on that sunny day in January. It was no doubt destiny.

2 weeks ago

Garrett sat on my bed and watched amused as I ran around my room on the hunt for my other boot. The same cowboy boots I wore daily had gone missing. Or one of them at least.

“Dad! Have you seen my other boot?” I called out.

“No, the last time I saw them, they were on you.” He yelled back.

“Shit shit shit.” I mumbled digging under my bed. Garrett tapped my shoulder and motioned me up on the bed I stood then sat next to him watching as he pulled the boot from under a pillow. I glared at him. “Why’d you do that?” I asked grabbing the boot and pulling it on my foot.

“You’re cute when your frustrated.” He shrugged smiling as our eyes met. He scooted in closer and our faces moved together closing the space in-between. It was a split second before he turned away. “Let’s go.” He whispered standing and walking from the room.


“Hi, I’m Rachel.” A girl said sticking out her hand once we reached the back room of the restaurant. It wasn’t really the dinner I expected, more like a lot of people in the party room drinking and eating when they felt like it. There were Christmas lights twinkling against the wine glasses and the view of the city was perfect under the nights moon.

“Hey, I’m Amberlyn and this is my dad Ryan.” I smiled shaking her hand followed by my dad. The waiter came around to where we were with a try of red wine and offered some to Garrett and Rachel who explained how they weren’t allowed. My dad took two glasses and handed my one.

“Stay out of trouble.” He mumbled kissing my head and walking towards Mr. Nicklesen.

“Amberlyn!” I looked over Garrett shoulder and watched as Jared walked towards me.

“Hey Jared.” I smiled hugging him.

“Hey, all the guys wanna see you, come on!” He slung his arm over my shoulder as I waved to Garrett with an uneasy smile. Jared lead me to a set of couches and I sat my glass down on the coffee table while taking a seat between John and Pat.

“Amberlyn Adams.” John smiled patting my leg in greeting. “I still can’t get over the fact that your dad is Ryan Adams, I have to give myself a reality check every time I see y’all.” I laughed in response.

We shared a casual conversation between myself and the four remaining members of The Maine I was with. Soon enough the only two left was Pat and myself. I looked around awkwardly for Garrett who was still with Rachel.

“Pat?” I asked as he turned his head to me to let me know he was listening. “Who’s that Rachel girl with Garrett?” His eyes shifted a little to the dance floor then back to me.

“Um, t-that’s, that’s Garrett’s girlfriend of about a year and a half now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wooohooo for updates