Status: once a month at least

An Arrangement For Two

Life In A Day

It was about time for me to head off to work, so I grabbed my towel my sunglasses, my SPF 50 sun block, my camera, so I can take pictures of the fashion I will be reporting on and my flip flops; I locked up the house and headed to the beach. When I got to the beach I went to the lifeguard station and clocked in, then, I went to the life guard tower and climbed up the ladder to the top and sat down. I put on my black movie star sunglasses and started applying sun block covering myself in as much white paste as I could, I didn't want to get skin cancer in the future.

I got settled into the lounge chair in the life guard tower. The sun was almost high in the sky beaming down on the mass of bodies lying on towels a few feet from the shore trying to get a tan. I checked out the beach fashion. There were gorgeous sarongs draped around and over women hiding either all or most of their swim suits. Colors ranged from green to orange and some sarongs were a nice tropical pattern.

One girl stood out with her beach outfit. She wore a silver and aqua monokini that fit her perfectly. Tied around her bottom half was a beautiful matching aqua sarong that went almost to her ankles. It had scattered sequins that made a gorgeous pattern. On her head instead of a giant sun hat she wore a gray fedora that framed and disguised her pretty face just right. I took out my camera and snapped her pic. I snapped a few pics of other fashionable beach wear and thought of my dream.

Who was this beautiful dreamy guy? I wonder if I would ever find this guy, if he existed. I relaxed in the lounge chair some more and took a few sips of water from the water bottle beside me. I loved water, drinking it or swimming in it was amazing. It was 2:30 now and my shift ended at 3:00. I texted Kia to tell her where to meet me.

Meet me at the pier at 3. I want to get something to eat because I am starved. -Serena

She responded back with a cryptic message.

Okay Serena. Meet you there. I have something major to tell you. -Kia

I wonder what she had to tell me. I only talked to her this morning. What could have happened in just a few short hours? Then I remembered her parents and how they were not around while she was growing up. They traveled the world and only communicated through email. Kia didn't see them very often and she only keeps in touch through her computer. Maybe they left her a shocking message saying somebody died or something. Oh poor Kia, she must be crushed.

It was now almost time to go so I gathered my things and the next lifeguard on shift arrived at the lifeguard tower. They released me and I headed to the pier. When I saw Kia’s face I knew that she was worried about something.

What’s the matter with Kia?

KIA'S POV

I was still in shock about the email my parents sent me. I had mixed emotions about the unexpected announcement. I was angry, sad, and confused about the whole thing. I was so out of it that I didn't remember getting dressed and driving to work. My thoughts were trying to figure out what this guy looked like and if he was one of the many jerks i encountered.

"If you keep doing that you just might burn a hole into the wall," my coworker Stacy said as she stood at the doorway of my office.

She was wearing her many wacky outfits. She had her orange hair in a messy bun and was wearing a rainbow skirt with a white blouse. She makes her own outfits because she refuses to buy clothes that other people wear. She was weird. The girl didn't care what other people whispered about her. She loved working for the paper and that's all that mattered to her.

"Sorry Stacy I'm just thinking about the article that's due today," I lied as i pushed aside my current thoughts about the email. I really need to finish the story before Mr. Cranky Pants comes in and demands that I have it done.

"Well I think you have a few hours before Frank comes barging into your office. I have a interview with the mayor so I got to go," Stacy said before walking out of my office and closing the door. I admire her confidence when she comes to work in one of her creations.

Instead of logging into my computer, I went back to staring at the creme colored wall. How am I going to get through today when that stupid email keeps crawling back into my thoughts?

"Bell!"

Crap. Mr. Cranky Pants has locked on to his target, which is me.

That yell was close by which means he is just down the hall. I thought Stacy said I had a few hours?! I quickly logged into my computer and begged the desktop to come on before Frank barged into my office. I heard the door knob on my door turn as I clicked on my half finished story about the increase of car accidents caused my texting and driving.

"Bell! Where is that story?! You said you would have it on my desk as soon as you got here!" Frank yelled as he barged into my office. Oh yeah I forgot I had said that yesterday. Darn my memory.

I looked up from the computer screen to see a very angry Editor In Chief in need of a clean shave. Frank was a feared man here at the brand new newspaper. His short grey hair looked like it needed to be combed. His white dress shirt had a coffee stain on it that the intern tends to give him every morning when the poor guy freaks out after Frank yells at him. His dress pants looked like they've been through hell and back. There were holes on the cuffs like a dog chewed on them. His appearance may scream hobo and he had a bad temper but the man was a great editor.

"I...uh...you see sir....," I stuttered as I tried to think of a good reason. I couldn't lie to the man. He's a human lie detector.

"You have an hour to get that story to me or I'm going to put you in mail duty for a week!" he yelled before storming out of my office. I hate mail duty because of the unorganized mountains of letters, cards, magazines, and packages.

I was determined to finish the story but it was going to take longer than a hour. I began typing away with my problem in the back of my mind. I didn't know how long I spent typing but I only had a few more sentences to type when my cell phone vibrated.

Meet me at the pier at 3. I want to get something to eat because I am starved. -Serena

I looked at the clock. It was 2:30 p.m. which didn't give me enough time to figure out how to tell my best friend that I was getting married to a guy I've never met.

Okay Serena. Meet you there. I have something major to tell you. -Kia

After replying back to her, I went back to the computer and finished the article. I looked it over before printing. I know Frank is going to be beyond pissed when I give it to him. I grabbed the paper and left my office. I walked down the hall and into the open area where the cubicles were. I waved at any of my coworkers that stopped to say hi. I was one of the lucky few that got their own office.

I made it to the Editor In Chief's office and knocked on his closed door. I opened the door after I heard a "come in". Frank was in the middle of a phone call when I walked in. I pointed to my finished article and put it on his clean desk. He nodded and waved at me to get out of his office. As soon as I closed his door, I ran to my office and grabbed my stuff.

I got into my 2010 light blue Jeep Wrangler and headed for the pier. I hope I beat Serena because I need time to figure out how to tell her the news. I made it to the pier in just a few minutes before Serena was done with her shift as the lifeguard. I picked a place to sit and got my words together. I wasn't going to beat around the bush. The email was going to be the first thing that we talk about.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's my fault(rocknrollvirgo) for the late update. If you're a fan of my stories( I Hate You With A Passion I Think, When I'm With You, Living An Abnormal Life, and of course An Arrangement For Two) then "like" my page called rocknrollvirgo on facebook. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/rocknrollvirgo/137997889547348?ref=ts

Hey everybody, thanks so much for reading. I enjoyed writing it. Again this is my first time writing and then posting. Thanks to Rockrollvirgo for helping me to write it. ^_^ (Princess Hokulea)