Status: In Progress

The City Is at War

Chapter 7: Cause You Say So Under Your Breath, You're Reading Lips, When Did She Get All Confident?

Brendon’s Pov

I finish speaking to everyone and look at them to gauge their reactions. They’re all looking at me as though they suspect I made the whole thing up about the girl from Jon’s vision also being a Level 5 power. I look to Ryan for some help, but he seems content in watching me struggle.

“I’m serious guys! I’m not making anything up this time!” Jon sighs and jumps into the conversation.

“Well, Brendon’s description of the girl, Abigail was it?” Brendon nods, “ Is actually quite accurate. If I were to see her, I think I could confirm for myself if she was the girl from my vision. However, I’m not sure about the Level 5 detail.”

“Yeah, that seems a bit ludicrous to me. Didn’t you guys say she was like 16 or something?” Spencer says, always the skeptic. Finally, Ryan decides that he wishes to save me from further embarrassment.

“Well, no matter what you guys believe, there’s still the matter that we have never met anyone before with more than one ability. She can be an asset to the group.” We all nod in agreement, and then Pete speaks up from his corner with Patrick, Andy, and Joe.

“We’ll all see soon enough.” He says mysteriously. I really hate it when he uses his psychic ability to annoy the hell out of us. I’m about to ask him what the fuck he means, when the stage manager enters our dressing room and says that Fall Out Boy must be on stage and ready in three minutes. Pete is the first one out the door, and I lose my chance to question him.

Oh, well, I guess I’ll just ask him later.

Abby’s Pov

“Leave my hair alone!” I push Natalie’s hands away from my face, messing with my hair myself. It took me two hours to flat iron it and it was already starting to get wavy. I steal Natalie’s compact mirror, and check my makeup. This is the first time in a while that I’ve worn lip gloss, let alone the eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow that I have on now.

I actually feel pretty and attractive for once. I’m wearing a black and purple plaid skirt with black ripped tights underneath. I have on low top purple converses, a black baby doll tee with an intricate design on it, a sequined headband and a temporarily purple streaked bang.

And of course, I have on elbow length black lacy gloves to protect me from anyone’s touch. You never know who has an ability.

Natalie and I are right in front of the stage and we are chatting away, anticipating the concert. The crowd goes crazy as Fall Out Boy enters on stage and I’m screaming along. I have eyes only for Patrick Stump. I have had the hugest crush on him for who knows how long, and seeing him onstage, this close, makes me feel as if I’m in a dream.

I sing along to every single song, and keep my eyes trained on Patrick, drinking up any detail I could.

As the band finishes their performance and starts to exit the stage, I scream at the last minute on impulse, “I LOVE YA PATRICK!”. To my surprise, he turns around and looks directly at me. I shoot him the biggest grin I could muster up and I practically hyperventilate when he shoots me a small grin back. I decide right then and there that I want to go backstage with my pass at that very moment.

As I move away, I hear Natalie yell after me over the noise, but I don’t catch what she is saying. As I show my pass to the security guard, I see Spencer Smith, THE Spencer Smith walking pass. I say hi to him but he completely ignores me. I repeat myself, thinking that he didn’t here me, but he just continues walking past. So I say under my breath “Well screw you then.” And he turns around to glare at me.

I guess he heard what I said.

I continue in the direction the guard gave me towards Fall Out Boy’s dressing room. I stop in front of the door and breathe in and out.

This could be the most memorable moment of my life.

I raise my hand to knock on the door.