Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Twenty..

Emily lay, sound asleep, on Gena's shoulder - all her fears, worries and guilt forgotten about for the time being.

The door to the waiting room swung open, causing her to jump - her eyes snapping open and her heart racing.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Jordan," The young blonde lady who had wandered into the room smiled "We've stabilised Mr. Haner and he's sleeping at the moment," She explained, relief would have washed over Emily's form if she hadn't heard the word stabilised - that didn't sound good. "One of you can go and sit with him if you want to but only one at the moment I'm afraid."

All eyes - apart from Michelle and Nico's - turned to Emily.

"Tell him we love him and we're waiting," Matt smiled.

"W-what?" Emily frowned almost in disbelief "Me?"

Gena giggled, pushing the younger girl to her feet "Yes you! I think you'll be the only one he'd want to see at the moment if he wakes up."

"I-" She glanced around all the relieved faces in the room. All of the urging her to go. A smile stretched across her face "Okay," She said, turning and following the doctor out of the room.

*

The first feeling rushing around Brian Haner's body as he slowly awoke was fear.

The last thing he remembered was glancing down to see the little coward's knife stuck in his body - the rest of the night was a pain fuelled blur.

What if he took Emily? What if...

His eyes finally opened all the way and allowed him to focus on the room around him. Especially the dark haired beauty sat next to his bed - her head lay, sound asleep, on the mattress, her hand tightly gripped onto his.

His heart soared and the worry knotting up in his stomach came loose as he realised she was unhurt. Pulling his hand free from her grasp he ran it through her hair - needing to be as close to her as possible.

"Hmm?" She groaned, stirring from her peaceful slumber, raising her head from the bed. Her beautiful brown eyes lit up and glistened with tears when she saw he was awake "Oh Brian!" She exclaimed happily, hugging him as tightly as she could, careful not to hurt his wound "I'm so sorry!"

A frown creased his forehead and his hands cupped her face "What're you sorry for?"

With silent - happy - tears rolling down her cheeks she explained "It was my fault you're even included in this Brian! If it wasn't for me you-"

He cut off her sentence by gently bringing her face closer to his, connecting their lips "Don't even think that okay?" He whispered softly "None of this is your fault at all Emily."

She nodded - still unconvinced - as she sat back down in her chair, interlacing their fingers. "The guys wanted me to tell you they love you," She smiled, her heart swelling at the touched look on his face.

"They're still here?"

She nodded once more "They're not leaving until you do or they get to see you. They love you Brian and are all so worried."

He smiled, proud to call the guys and girls of A7x his familt "Are you okay Emily?" He asked in concern.

She smiled sadly "I am now you're awake," She informed him with a blush "I just wish they'd managed to catch him."

Brian frowned "They didn't?" A dark smirk came to his lips as Emily shook her head "Revenge here I come."

Emily looked horrified "Oh no!" She exclaimed "You're not fighting him againBrian! i'm not having you put in a hospital bed because of me again. Promise me you'll stay away?"

"But...he..."

"Brian!"

He folded his arms across his chest, his bottom lip sticking out in the mother of all pouts "Fine! I promise."

*

"Does it hurt?"

All eyes slowly turned to Jimmy, sat in the chair in the corner, a very pensive look on his face.

"Dude!" Matt chuckled "You can't just as someone if it hurts!"

"Why?" Jimmy asked in confusion. "I wanted to know! I'm worried about him!" As the group all debated The Rev's question Brian turned his head to face Emily.

"What have I let myself in for?" He smirked, quoting her from their second day at Big Bear.

"Well," She chuckled "You're stuck with us now."

His calloused guitarist fingers brushed her cheek and turned her head to his, softly placing his lips on hers "You always know how to make me smile."

"Right back at ya Haner," She giggled, absent mindedly smoothing his hair.

"Ahem!" The two glanced up to see the whole group staring at them "Since when did you two come to your senses?" Jimmy chuckled.

Emily blushed as Brian laced their fingers.

Then, Michelle opened the door.

"Chelle?" Brian asked in confusion, his fingers gripping Emily's even tighter.

"Gates," Michelle smiled sheepishly, Nico close behind her.

"H-how long have you been there?" He replied, the odd look on his face confusing Emily even more as her eyes swapped from Brian to Michelle.

"A while," She shrugged shyly "I thought we were friends now."

A warm smile, one Emily had only seen him give to her, came to his lips "I suppose."

"So," Michelle smirked "Why didn't you tell me about your adorable new girlfriend?" She asked sternly, placing a hand on Emily's shoulder "I'm Michelle by the way."

"Emily...but, we're not..."

Michelle rolled her eyes "It's okay, Brian was always a little slow."

"Hey!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so, Michelle isnt gunna be a bitch but that doesnt mean there wont be drama around her ;)

This one is definatley for Heather cause not only did she read and comment this but Im In Love With A Fool and Coming Home To You;;My American Boy.
What a legend :)

Sevenfoldxo