Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Twenty Six..

"Emily! Emily quick!" Brian exclaimed running into the bedroom.

Fear clenched at her chest as she quickly sat up "What is it?" She breathed.

An excited smile stretched across his face as he crawled across the bed they had barely left for the past few days "It's Christmas!!"

She giggled and rolled her eyes "You are such a child Brian Haner!"

He shrugged "Tell me something I don't know," He laughed, his arms circling her waist as he dragged her away from the warm, comfy pillows.

"Okay, I'll take a shower than I'll-" She cut off her sentence as she noticed him shaking his head "What?"

"Presents first," He announced, sweeping her off her feet and into his arms "Shower later."

"But I smell!" She whined as he carried her down the stairs.

"You showered yesterday, you do not smell, it can wait until we finished unwrapping presents!" He laughed as they reached the bottom of the stairs and entered the living room.

"I wish it was Christmas all the time," Emily breathed, the sight of the beautiful Christmas tree they had put up together in one if the rare hours out of the bedroom still took her breath away.

He laughed as he set her down and she knelt by the pile of presents beneath the tree. The Christmas decorations nothing compared to her, especially now she was dressed in one of his 'Syn Gates' shirts and a pair of shorts.

Laughs and giggles echoed throughout the room as they unwrapped the brightly papered presents off their friends and families.

"Now the ones off each other," Brian announced as they reached for the separate piles of presents behind them. Exchanging the first parcel.

"Are you kidding me?" She laughed as a 'Mrs. Synyster Gates' emerged from the paper.

"I thought they were fucking amazing!" He exclaimed, thanking her for his new bandanna.

"Well I'm not wearing it," She mumbled jokingly.

"Yes you areee!" He replied in a sing song voice as they exchanged more presents - a new Ed Hardy shirt, a A7x hoodie and a boxset of DVDs she had been looking at for her and a new fedora, the new Slash CD and a personalised guitar strap for him.

"Can I go for my shower now?" She asked, a grin stretched across her face.

"Hold up," He smiled, sitting cross legged and pulling her into his lap "I have one more back here," He added, reaching behind his back and producing a small purple velvet box.

A small gasp passed through her lips as he flipped it open to reveal the most beautiful, delicate diamond silver ring.

"Now, it's not a proposal," He explained, gently lifting the ring from it's cushion "It's a promise. Emily Newell, do you promise that one day you'll marry me and be mine forever?"

If possible, her grin grew even larger and she turned, crashing her lips to his.

"I take it that's a yes?" He asked, smiling widely as she nodded, holding out her left hand for him to slid the ring onto her ring finger.

"I love you," She said, kissing his cheek.

"I love you too."

*

"Emily! I've missed you!" Val exclaimed pulling the younger girl into a hug once she opened the door.

"Uhm, I've missed you too?" Emily replied, exchanging a confused glance with Brian "Are you feeling okay Val?" She asked as her friend grabbed her hand to lead her into the house.

"Yeh I'm fine honey, I just-" She paused when her fingers found the ring decorating Emily's left hand "Oh my God..."

"Val no, it's not..."

"I'd better head to mom and dad's," Michelle announced at the same time as Emily spoke. She froze when she saw her sister staring down at Emily's hand "Y-you engaged?" She asked, a slightly hurt look coming to her face.

"No! I - we're -" She turned to an amused looking Brian as Michelle quickly exited out of the front door "Help?"

"It's a promise ring Val," He explained, chuckling as Val's expression became disappointed.

"It's gorgeous anyway," Val smiled, leading the couple into the full looking living room "Brian and Emily are here!" She announced holding up Emily's left hand up for everyone to see "But Boring Brian didn't propose, it's a promise ring."

Everyone laughed at Val's announcement, all coming up to greet the couple, wish them a Merry Christmas and compliment Emily's sparkly new ring.

*

"Emily!" Val whispered, nudging the younger girl in the ribs "Can you come with me for a second?"

"Sure!" She replied pecking Brian on the lips and leaving him to chat with Zacky and Jimmy as she followed close behind Val "What's the matter?"

Val bit her bottom lip "I just took a pregnancy test."

Emily's eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she pulled her friend into a tight hug "Oh my God! Is that why you've been so emotional? Does Matt know? What did it say?"

Val smiled nervously "Yes. No. I don't know," She replied, answering each question, her voice shaking "I was too scared to look and thought you'd do it for me."

"Of course Vee," Emily replied, slowly picking up the test that lay on one of the shelves on the bathroom wall. Two pink lines stared straight back at her and her eyes quickly scanned the box for confirmation "Val; it's positive."

*

"That was so beautiful," Emily sighed as her and Brian walked the short journey back to their home.

"I can't believe Shads is going to be a parent," Brian smiled, slipping an arm around Emily's shoulders.

"They're gunna be so great," Emily smiled leaning against his muscular frame as she replayed Val's announcement in her head; the emotion on Matt's smiling face, the girls cheering and hugging Val as the guys congratulated Matt.

"I can't wait to start a family," Brian mused, leaning a chin on her head.

"Really?" She asked, 'Synyster Gates' wasn't the type of person she's put down as being broody.

He nodded "It's the reason me and Chelle split," He explained "I couldn't wait for kids and she never wanted them."

"I love kids," She sighed, smiling up at his thoughtful look.

"We're gunna have some pretty beautiful babies," He whispered, kissing her forehead.

She raised an eyebrow "Babies?"

He shrugged, cuddling her closer to him. "Why not?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily Ring
The Shirt (Actually On EBay XD)

You Guys Are Awesome :)

thisisnearlydone "/