Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Nine..

2006 November

"I'm not sure I'm meant to be here," The 18 year old Emily said nervously as Hannah led her through the club.

"Oh lighten up Emz! We got in didn't we?" Her best friend grinned "We haven't hung out properly since you met that Alan guy!"

Emily blushed upon the mention of her new boyfriend. They had been together a few months, he was slightly older than her at 21 but it was basically love at first conversation. He'd just asked her to move in with him the night before.

She soon found a vodka and coke being shoved into her hands before she was whisked away to the dance floor.

"Stop it with the anxious face!" Hannah giggled, having to shout slightly over the pounding music.

"What if Tyler's here?" Emily replied referring to her over overprotective 21 year old brother .

Her best friend rolled her eyes "Even if he was he wouldn't see you!"

Deciding to take her friend's advice Emily smiled, losing the tension in her bunched up shoulders and relaxing to the beat of the music.

The more she danced the more she drank, realised soon after vodka didn't help much in the dehydration part of things.

"It's your turn to go to the bar!" Hannah informed her with a grin as she parked herself in one of the booths "I'll wait riiiiight here!"

Emily nodded in agreement, stumbling over to order their drinks.

"Oh, sorry," she slurred when her alcohol induced clumsiness caused her to walk into someone.

"No problem," The person replied with a chuckle "Hey, wait."

Emily stopped in her tracks and stumbled round to face the direction she thought the voice was coming from. A pair of deep, inviting hazel eyes met her own and and involuntary gasp flew through her lips.

"Emily!" Brian Haner Jnr smiled "Gena's cousin right?"

She nodded shyly, unsure of what to do. As her eyes adjusted to her surroundings her heart picked up the pace.

Mr. Guitarist had upgraded from cute to ridiculously handsome and downright sexy.

"Don't worry, I won't tell," He winked, his nose ring twinkling as his head moved "I snuck into a fair amount of clubs when I was your age too."

"Um, thanks," She smiled, unable to believe just how lame she was being.

"I'll see you round little lady," He smiled, ruffling her hair before disappearing into the crowd.

Totally forgetting about the drinks she rushed back in the direction she came from to excitedly tell her friend what had just happened.

*

One Hour Later

"Two vodkas and cokes please!" Emily shouted over the music once it was her turn to get the drinks in again.

The guy sat on the bar stool next to her turned his head and smiled "What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?"

Emily blushed, tapping her fingers nervously on the bar top "I'm not."

"Maybe you could come hang with me and my buds?" The guy slurred, struggling to focus on her.

Picking up the two drinks once she had paid Emily shook her head "I'm fine thank you."

As she went to walk away an arm around her waist pulled her back roughly "Hey are you going to play nice girlie or do we have to play nasty?"

Fear tightened in Emily's chest as she struggled to pull out of his grasp "Get off me!"

"I don't think s-"

"Hey!" The voice almost made her cry with relief "Let her go dickhead," Brian snarled.

"But she's so beautiful, I think I want to keep her."

Emily whimpered through fear. Reaching out his left hand Brian yanked the young girl out of the man's grasp, causing her to smack against his chest.

Raising his right hand he punched the man who'd been harassing her in the jaw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well into my flashbacks at the min aren't I lol

:)