Strength Of The World

03

Was I dead? Was I in heaven? Or was I in hell? Actually where the fuck was I? If I’m in heaven then where are the fluffy clouds, soft music, cute baby animals running around, and hot angel guys? And if I’m in hell then where is the fire, loud music, and hot devil guys?

Is really sucks! What the fuck is that annoying beeping noise? It was going to drive me insane if it didn’t stop anytime soon. When I started waking up a bit more I could feel things better; I felt someone holding my hand, something was up my nose, and my body was aching.

So I guess I wasn’t dead then and by how firm the bed I was laying on was; I’m guessing I was in the hospital. I sighed softly as my eyes fluttered open and everything slowly came into focus; a very worried and scared Matt was staring at me as he held onto my hand.

“Oh thank God Lexi! You scared the shit out of us” Matt said softly to me as he kissed my forehead a few times; I looked around the small room and saw Val and the guys standing around. All of them looking just as scared as my brother; then I noticed how tired they all looked.

“How long have I been in here?” I asked looking up at my brother; my voice was a little rough so Val helped me drink some water. And did it make my throat feel a whole of a lot better; I smiled at Val as a thank you before looking back at Matt.

“For a week Lexi; we didn’t even know if you were going to wake up or not. You scared me so much; I never want to get that call from the hospital again okay” Matt told me as he stroked my hair softly; something that he always does when I need some comfort.

I looked at him in shock; I was unconscious for a whole week! Suddenly everything that had happened flooded my mind and tears formed in my eyes. “Lexi, what’s wrong princess?” Matt asked me in concern as he watched my every move.

“It was Cole... Mattie he found me. He did this to me” I whispered looking at him as a few tears fell down my cheeks; which Matt of course wiped away for me.

“He’ll never hurt you again Lexi, I promise” Brian said softly which surprised me; I looked over at him and found him standing on the other side of my bed. He stroked my cheek with his fingers gently as his amazing brown eyes stared deep into mine; before he suddenly just walked out of the room.

It had been a good few hours since I woke up and I was starting to worry; Brian, Zacky and Jimmy still hadn’t come back. After Brian walked out Zacky and Jimmy followed; we hadn’t heard or seen them since. But Matt and Johnny reassure me that they will be fine; I just hope that their right because nothing can happen to them.

I saw my doctor and found out that my damage wasn’t all that bad; I had been extremely lucky were his words. I don’t know why or who; but someone was obviously looking over me that day and I was so grateful for that.

I was also allowed to take a shower and I got to see the damage; nearly half my body was covered my bruises, my face and arms were cut in various places, and my left wrist was bandaged up. Once I was showered and dressed in new clothes I was told by my brother to get back in bed and rest; I knew it was useless to argue with him so I just listened to him.

I had eaten some food and got a check up before Brian, Zacky and Jimmy walked back into my room; the tension was instantly gone and I could finally relax. And then Matt kissed the top of my head before he and everyone else walked out of my room; leaving me alone with Brian.

“What’s going on? Where did you and the guys go?” I asked him as I watched him sit on the edge of my bed so he was facing me; I didn’t mind having him this close to me. For some reason I’d always felt safe around him; it seems that hadn’t changed since I left.

“I just wanted some alone time with you Lexi, while we were waiting for you to wake up I talked to Matt. And we went to see Cole, he won’t be bothering you again” Brian told me calmly in his deep voice; he placed his hands over mine and held onto them. That’s when I noticed his red knuckles.

“You, Zacky and Jimmy went after Cole! What are you? Crazy! He could have hurt you all!” I said in worry as I looked into his eyes; which frankly looked amused. How could he be amused by something like this?

“Trust me Lexi, he didn’t have a chance in hell against us three. You should just be glad that Matt didn’t get his hands on him, he would have actually killed him” Brian told me seriously and I knew he was right; Matt would have killed Cole so I’m glad he stayed here with me. I didn’t need my brother getting into another fight because of me.

“I know and thank you Brian... so what did you talk to Matt about?” I asked curious as to what he and my brother talked about; I mean it had to be good or be able me for Brian to tell me. I watched as a smile formed on his lips as he looked at me; I felt myself blush when he tucked some hair behind my ear.

“Well I told Matt about my feelings and what I wanted... needed to do when you woke up, at first he didn’t like the idea but he along with everyone else knew how I felt. So he gave me his blessing and then he threatened to kill me” Brian said chuckling a little when he said the last part; but it was true, everyone knew how over protective Matt was of me.

“What are you talking about Brian? I don’t understand” I said softly as I looked at him; I waited for his answered and I fully understood when he pressed his lips against mine, for a soft but love filled kiss.

“I love you Lexi Sanders, I always have. I was just scared that you didn’t feel the same way, and then you left. I was so lost without you and I thought I had lost you again, that day I knew something was wrong when you didn’t answer your phone. I love you Lex” He told me quietly as we pulled back for some air; so it was my phone that I heard that day, I knew it sounded familiar.

“I’m sorry I scared you Brian and I love you too, I always have but I thought you only saw me as Matt’s little sister, a kid. Everyone at Outreach was surprised that I left so early, but I got better for you and the guys. I missed everyone too much” I smiled as I rested my forehead against his; as Brian rested his hands on my waist gently, being careful not to hurt me.

“I love you Lex, you’re everything to me. I would do absolutely anything for you, you’re my life” He told me before he pressed his lips against mine again; I closed my eyes as I cupped his cheeks with my hands, as I moved my lips with his for a loving and passionate kiss. A kiss that I had been longing for, a kiss that made my knees weak and my mind go blank; that was the kiss of my soul mate.