Status: done

The Poison

Agreements - William

“I just want to discuss some things. Calm down, your mile a minute thoughts are distracting.” Peter and I were heading to the library to talk. Just talk.

“How can I trust you?:

“I promise, I won’t attack you or your men during this visit.”

“Well Clair wants us to talk, I don’t really have a choice do I?” I grinned no, he did not.

We ended up in the hunters small make shift library. And we interrupted Mr. Stump. I saw that he was studying some handwritten information on vampires.

“Pat, go get Andy and Joe.” Stump ran off with a shocked look on his face, not expecting, I suppose.

“What do you want Beckett.” He asked with a scowl.

“Now, now, Peter, no need to act like an angst-y teenager.” Patrick re-entered the room with Joseph and Andy. And they brought pathetic stakes with them as protection from me. How quaint.

“I came to make a deal.”

“I don’t do deals with the devil.”

“Peter! Your words hurt me. When have I ever done anything to warrant a title like that?”

“When?... When!” He began to raise his voice.

“Clair wants to live with you.” His anger left. I knew that would throw him of his temper.

“And you’d allow this?” Pete had hope in his eyes, I didn’t like it. Him being hopeful, it displeased me.

“With some conditions,” I pause for effect, “yes.”

“Name your terms.” I could sense Wentz was all business now. Perhaps if I could use Clair correctly I could get Peter.

“Only Clair is to live with you.”

“What about Alice?” Confusion entered his expression. He has such an expressive face.

“Alice is staying with me, no exceptions.”

“But Alice is Clair’s child…”

“Alice is staying with me, take it or leave it.” That shut him up. “I also do not want any of you romancing her; especially you, Pete. She’s engaged.”

“What?! To who? How can you-“

“Do not shout at me Peter Wentz! It is not of my choosing. I do not approve of it either. But regardless she is engaged.”

“Who is she engaged to?”

“I will not say, you’ll have to ask her yourself. But if it you makes you feel better, I’d rather have you and Clair married.” That rendered him speechless.

“You do?” This came from Patrick.

“Yes.”

“But why?”

“Because then Pete, here, would be family, yet still beneath me. He would have but no choice, but to become a dandy. I am the eldest Beckett male, and therefore I have power over the rest of my family.”

“So it’s a monarchy? Fascinating.” I could see him mulling over this new information. He’s quite smart for a human. He could be a good vampire historian.

“You know, if you became a dandy you could read all my vampire literature in my library.” Peter barred his fangs at this. When he does join, I’ll have to break him of his anger. He shows it too easily.

“Back to Clair!” He growled, so touchy.

“I must be able to visit very often.”

“What about our safety; this warehouse is our safe place.” I merely laughed. “What’s so funny?”

“The thought of you being safe from us. You’re not, and you’ve never been.”

“But what about when we first started out?”

“Oh, young Peter, we’ve always known. We rule this city, don’t forget that; never forget that. But to happier topics, do you agree to my terms?”

“Yes, we agree.” I grinned, I love getting my way. I shook hangs with Pete to seal the deal.

“Go tell her.” Peter left and yet the others still surrounded me, their stakes pointed at me.

“Could you please put those down?”

“Sacred Beckett?” Joseph asked with confidence, this only made me smirk. I teleported behind him, and whispered “Boo” in his ear. He jumped a foot in the air.

“No, you Trohman?” With a laugh, I teleport again, this time to the hunters’ living room with Pete and Clair, and Alice.

“Clair, I have to go. Am I interrupting something?” I saw the three of them sitting in silence. Alice didn’t look bothered, but Peter definitely did, as well as Clair.

“Uh.” Was all that came out of Clair’s mouth. “No. We’re fine.”

“If you say so baby sister. But Alice and I must get going.”

“Alice and you?” Clair looked shocked, did she not understand that her staying with the hunters meant Alice stays with me.

“Yes, I’m taking Alice home with me, and you’re staying here, with the hunters.”

“No, William, she’s my daughter.”

“And I’m your brother. I’m sorry, but I need leverage. And you said and I quote, ‘I cant stay here, not when he is near my child’, so you won’t be there when he is near your child. But I will keep my eyes on him. And if you want I won’t let Alice out of my sight.”

“But, Will-“

“It’s that or, you too come home with Alice and me.”

“You’re annoying, you know that right?” I chuckled. I get my way again.

“You know you love me. I’ll see you soon. I’ll bring Alice with me when I visit.”

“I do love you. Be careful with my baby. Good bye, sweetheart, I’ll see you soon.” Clair hugged her daughter and kissed her forehead.

“Come along Alice. Let’s go get a bite to eat. You haven’t had dinner yet, what about pizza?” I said as I left the warehouse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long. I hope you like it!
-Abbi