She Was Just Like the Others

First Day of My Life

2 p.m.

She kept looking at her watch, thirty more minutes until the class ended. Thirty fucking minutes that felt like a century for her. Being a new kid in the junior year can’t be good. She needed to laugh to the unfunny joke that the teacher gave to the class. And just looking around to her ’friends’, which they all already have a ’soulmate’. She was alone, no one talked to her, she tried her best to make friends with the others, but it’s just not working. Everyone seems so happy with what they already had and not giving shit to this new kid.

She put her chin on her arms, and faking a smile, acted like she’s happy just like the others. She wet her lower and upper lips previously, pulled out her iPhone, read book, she tried her best to look busy, which made it even worse, because it made the others think that she was totally fine, but they all was wrong as hell.

2:30 p.m.

The end of the class.
“finally” she whispered under her heavy breath.
Everybody got up from the chair, included her, she got up awkwardly and headed outside the school, waiting her mom to pick her up. She called her mom, no answer, she kept calling her mom just to make her looked busy. She stood there, all alone in the crowd. She wanted to walk back to the cafetaria, but she didn’t have the guts to do it. She’s too afraid. She tried to come closer to another girl and made a little chit chat, super boring chit chat.

“waiting for someone to pick you up?” She asked that girl full of fear, but tried to look as calm as she could.

“yes, my driver. You?” the girl asked back, not looking at her at all, the girl was just busy with her phone, no smile. But at least she asked back.

“me too, my mom. Have no driver. Anyway, I’m Aline” she giggled, feeling stupid as she offered her hand to shook.

“Oh, hi, Aline. I’m Macey.” Macey shook Aline’s hand, smiled a bit.
Awkward silence, they both just busy with their phones. Electronic things become our bestfriends nowadays, aren’t they?

“Hey, that’s my driver. Bye Aline” Macey said goodbye while running a little. And she just nodded and gave a smile.
She encircled her hand against her chest while taking a seat, then decided to turn the music on. The cold breeze of January air only made her even more miserable for sure.

---

She got up from the warmed-by-her-ass cold chair and walked toward to her mother’s car which is only fifteen feet away from where she stood. Her heart was racing to get out that time, she was scared, she was afraid, she didn’t know what to tell her mom once her mom asked her how was the day. Her mom only know her as a strong girl that can never be sad or things. She could actually win a best-pretender award if she was an actress.

She hopped in to the passenger seat and buckled herself. She tried to avoid her mom's eyes.

"how was it?" Her mom asked her, as her mom turned her head back to the street and looked ready to go.

"it was great and fun" she said faking a laugh. her mouth and heart was totally saying the different feeling. Her mind control her mouth, her heart control her and her feeling.
her mom just nodded and started to turning the engine on.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for hanging it there. i had an awful day. too short? too slow? too fast? critics are always welcome. thankyou for reading. xoxo.