Status: Keeping it up as long people seem interested

Open Your Eyes, 'Cause Baby I'm All That You Need

Intro.

It was a Friday night, and people were coming in and out of the restaurant like crazy. This of course was nothing out of the ordinary though. Friday Night Football was a big attraction all across the U.S. especially in Charlotte.
From my post at the cash register I saw yet another group of people file into the restaurant. Watching them standing around waiting to be seated, I took notice of their outfits. The majority of them (all of them were boys, excluding one girl) were sporting Ravens’ memorabilia, all but one who was pulling for the Eagles. It was evident that he was severely outnumbered.
A few minutes later, I saw my now best friend and co-worker Taylor head up to the front to seat the group. After taking and returning with their drink orders she stopped to speak with me. The game had recently begun, and it'd be impossible to say that the group was anything close to quiet, and with a pounding headache, they weren't exactly on my good list. As she approached I spoke, "well they're annoying" I said gesturing toward the group of early 20's sports' fans a few tables away. Taylor smiled.
"I know, but he's cute" she said pointing to a dark haired Italian boy on the end. I laughed and nodded my head in agreement.
"Yeah, he is cute"

The night continued in a blur, and the loud group consisting of mostly Ravens' fans hadn't left or quieted down any over the course of the past two hours. They were, from what I could tell anyway, mostly drunk, and it showed through their actions. It was actually kind of funny to watch. Since no one had been up to the register to pay in quite a while, I ditched my post and went to find Taylor.
As I passed by the table, trying to keep my attention off of the rowdy boys, I felt something wet hit the front of my shirt. Looking down and then at the person mumbling apologies toward me, I saw that the guy in the Eagles' jersey had spilt his Coke all down the white shirt and khakis that my work outfit consisted of.
I didn't realize that I had frozen on the spot until Taylor was shaking my shoulders trying to get my attention.
"Lauren. Lauren, come on. Lauren!" It was then that I responded. "Come on, let's get you changed" she said grabbing my arm and pulling me toward the back.

"How did that even happen!?" I asked Taylor after changing my shirt.
"I really don't know" she responded. "But on the bright side that Italian boy couldn't keep his eyes off of me....and the guy in the Eagles' jersey couldn't keep his off of you."
"Did you ever think that it had something to do with the fact that his insane Eagles' fan-boying got my tee shirt soaked in Coke?" I asked with a tinge of an attitude in my voice.
"Nah" she replied "he kept apologizing and trying to get you to look at him". I took what she said to mind and exited the back room; it was time to finish my shift.

Returning to the register, I did everything possible to avoid the group, especially the guy pulling for Philadelphia. I did, however, notice that he wasn't paying attention to the game so much anymore. He just sat there, deep in thought. His friends didn't seem to notice, well, none of them but the Italian guy who seemed to be his best friend.
The guys finally lined up to pay around twelve thirty, as my shift was coming to a close. After ringing up seven guys and one girl in Baltimore attire, I finally met the eyes of the Philly boy.
"Hey" he said as he handed me his check. I took the check trying to get this over with as quickly as possible.
"Your total will be $12.87" I said, as I watched him fish his wallet out of his pocket. He preceded to hand me a debit card before trying to start up conversation once again.
"Look, I'm really sorry" he said looking down as if he were embarrassed. I nodded my head in understanding before replying.
"You have no reason to be. It's alright" I said trying to give him a reassuring smile, though I was ridiculously cranky.
"Well, how about we start over" he asked scratching his head. "I'm Matt" he said extending his hand. I then looked up at him.
He was surprisingly really cute - dark hair, dark eyes, and an adorable smile.
"I'm Lauren" I said, extending my hand to shake his. A smile played across my lips, and looking over his shoulder I saw that Taylor had one to match, apparently the Italian boy had stayed back to talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
The introduction was just a scenario that popped into my head. It's actually the longest part of the story so far; the chapters are extremely short. Let me know what you think?