Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 1

I sighed as I pulled up to what was my new home. It seems so much bigger in real life, instead of the picture.

After taking a small look around, I started unloading my truck. When I went to pick up one of the heavier boxes, I heard someone say something. "Whoa, need a little help there?" I turned to see a guy who seemed around my age.

"It's ok, I got it. Thanks though." I said, smiling.

"You sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

I sighed, setting it on the tail gate. "Knock yourself out."

I grabbed another box and followed me inside. "Wow, this place is really nice." He said, setting the box down.

"Thanks, it took me a while to find it. I just don't know if it's too big for me by myself. That's all I'm worried about."

"You mean your parents aren't living here too?" He asked, confused.

I shook my head. "I'm Mel, by the way." I said, sticking my hand out.

"Tony."

"So, do you live across the street?"

"Oh! No, my friend does."

"Well, I don't want to keep you from them. I've got the rest. Thanks for your help."

"If you need anymore help, you know where to find me."

Maybe there are nice people here...

A few hours later, I gave up on trying to un-pack. I just couldn't focus. I decided to take a shower and head to bed.

The next morning, I was woken up by the door bell. The guys were here for all of the furniture. It took a few hours to get everything place in the right spots.

After getting ready for the day, I felt like exploring. I grabbed my keys and board, then headed out.

I drove around a little, until I found an abandoned skate park. "Nice." I said, pulling up and parking.

It felt goo to just get out and do what I loved. I couldn't do much of this back home, only when I was away.

I spent pretty much my whole day there. It was refreshing. There wasn't any pressure of competition or anything, only the feeling of being free. I was doing it because I was having fun.

When I got back to the house, I saw a few guys at my door. Once was Tony, from the day before, and the other was the one and only Ryan Sheckler.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! What do you think??