Did My Art Teacher Just Flirt With Me?

Orientation

My name is Rachel
I'm seventeen years old
I am an artist
And this is my story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But mom, I already made plans to go to Westwood High, can't you just let me go there?" I knew it was useless to beg like this but what else was I supposed to do?
My mom shook her head as she grabbed her things to get ready to go to work. "As much as I would love to sit and talk about your meager problems I've got people to save and brains to examine." She sniffed.
"Mom! That's not fair! I already applied!" I groaned.
"You should've consulted with me first then." She sighed. "Westwood High is... it's just an art school. There's no future for you there."
"You mean there's no money in it for you!" I growled.
My mom's perfect face now held wrinkles at the sides of her nose, mouth, and eyes. She was furious. With a quick step forwards she smacks me across my face. I felt the sting. It wasn't pleasant.
"Don't you ever speak to me that way." She hissed before swiftly retreating to her car.
My hands caressed my burning cheek slowly as I watched her drive off.
The hell does she know about my future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh my god, Rachel, what the hell happened to your face??" Jenine gasped as she ran over to me with a horrified expression.
"What do you think happened?" I muttered.
She ran over to me examining the bruise on my cheek with a grim expression. She touched it slowly feeling the heat from the wound.
"Your mom's a bitch." She said finally as she backed away. "I guess it's a no then."
My eyes flickered. "I'm tired of the snobby rat hole of a school! I want to go to Westwood Arts!"
Jenine smiled slightly giving me a needed hug. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be there."
"Probably not this year." I sighed in disappointment.
"Hey, she let you come to the orientation so what makes you think you still don't have a chance?" Jenine glowed. She's just so problem free unlike me.
"My mom doesn't know I'm here." I said quietly.
"Oh."
"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen!"
We all turned to face the headmaster of Westwood. He stood tall with his silver hair neatly gelled back and his oh-so-nice suit. He greeted us all with the welcome speech and assigned us to a teacher for the tour. Jenine and I quickly made our way to a... Mr. LaVaue who stood at the entrance lobby leaning against the wall.

"Good evening ladies and slimes, welcome to Westwood high. My name is Alex LaVaue and I teach advance arts and music." He said in a nectary voice.
Jenine blushed. "Woah, I am so taking advance arts this year." she nearly swooned onto my shoulder.
"Ugh, are you kidding me. He's a freaking teacher." I snapped.
"Are YOU kidding me? He's freaking hot!" She whispered as she huddled close to me.
"Let's begin with section A, the musical arts." He said quickly leading us to the first hallway.
"Um Mr. LaVaue?" A small girl with brown hair muttered.
"Call me Alex, Mr. is my dad." He said without any sign of compassion.
"Yes... um, never mind." She blushed.
Oh great. He's got girls eating off his hands and he treats them like shit.
I watched as his eyes narrowed. I couldn't tell what was going on in his head but he looked pissed. Jenine leaned into my ear with a giddy voice.
"God he's sexy."
"Oh please." I snapped as I frowned at her. I mean, isn't this pathetic? He's a teacher for pity sakes.
Alex strode over into the tour group with his eyes narrowed in a state of pure fury. They were directed towards the girl who had spoken earlier.
"In this school, we take art seriously, those who came here thinking that they could take luxury because we do not have the four major curriculums than you are all gravely mistaken." He said in a harsh voice. "Keep in mind, art cannot be blessed to everyone, you need skills, talent, and luck."
Jenine nearly fainted again. I had to help her walk because her knees shook with that much fear. I had to admit, this guy was pretty scary. If I do get into this school I hope I don't end up with him.

The tour went smoothly and quickly of course. Whenever he asked for any question nobody said a word. Too scared to say anything because of how intimidating he was. Even I couldn't speak.

When we go to the end of the line, Alex turned around and nodded. "Thank you for coming to the Westwood Art orientation, do you all have any last remarks before leaving tonight?"
Nobody said anything until I raised my hand.
"If you don't mind me asking, has anyone told you that you look like someone bit you in the ass?"