Status: comments are lovely :]

If It Hurts This Much Then It Must Be Love

eighteen.

“So do you have everything?” Jack asked looking around my small hospital room.

It had been a week since I woke up from my coma and the doctors had finally agreed to let me leave. I wanted to get out of hospital I really did but I didn’t want to go home, there was too many memories of Callie there.

“Yeah” I replied, looking round my room for one last time.

“Okay, let’s get going then!” Jack smiled and led the way out of the room.

The hallway was busy with visitors and nurses passing into different rooms, some in a hurry some looking like they didn’t want to be there. I hate hospitals – I always had, it was the fear of death. The corridors seemed to never end, each time I thought we’d reached the exit we’d swoop round another corner, then go down another set of stairs – Jack knew the route off by heart. Eventually we turned the corner to be greeted with a big burst of sunlight. Once my eyes adapted to the light I realised that we were in the wide entrance hall.

The fresh air caught my throat as I stepped outside, that’s when it hit home that I hadn’t been outside in nearly a month. Memories came flooding back of me and Callie laughing and joking outside, enjoying the fresh air and sunlight San Diego had to offer. Tears began to well up in my eyes but I managed to stop the waterfall.

Eventually after zigzagging round the car park, we arrived at Julie’s car. Julie was sat inside waiting on us.

“Hey Alex, how you feeling?” She asked as I opened the door and jumped in the back seat.

“Hey, well I could be better but I’m alright” I replied, trying to sound happy – I wouldn’t want to worry them.

Jack put my bag – which he had insisted on carrying – into boot before coming round and sitting in the passenger seat, he gave Julie a quick peck on the cheek before she started the engine. I rolled down the window to inhale some more of the fresh air, the journey wouldn’t be long I knew that.

We had been driving for about five minutes before I realised we were going in the wrong direction for my house.

“Where are we going guys?” I asked looking back over towards Jack.

“Alex, we didn’t want you living alone so you’re going to come stay with me and Julie for a while, we got some more of your things earlier and you can go back and get anything else if you want” Jack spoke turning round to smile at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i passed my english and maths exams :D so i get two years at higher for them both im so happy :D although i have to write an essay now but it should be easy i got to pick the topic.
im begining to get back in the swing of this story and i should update alot more frequently :D
also if you read any of my other stories i will be updating them soon.
lasty please comment i've not been getting many lately, i'd like to see that you are all still enjoying this or theres no reason for me to actually still write this :/! xxx