New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 18

My jaw dropped as Ethan left. Smokey looked once from the door to me and burst out laughing. She even rolled of my bed on to the floor, still laughing her ass off.

I growled and pounced on her. Wow, that made me sound like a lion. Anyway, I pinned her to the ground and glared down at her.

"You wouldn't think this was so funny if it happened to you!" I exclaimed. Smokey tried to quit laughing, though she still shook with giggles. I sighed and rolled off her, laying on my back next to Smokey.

After she quieted down, Smokey sighed and nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry. This weekend is going to be tough."

I laughed dryly and put my hands behind my head. "You can say that again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So my black Range Rover was packed and ready to go. Anne wouldn't let us take Ethan's Expedition, so my SUV was the only other option large enough. As bad as it may seem that I would be driving, I played it to my advantage.

"Smoke gets passenger seat!" I called to the others, grabbing last minute things from my room like my iPod and cell phone. Smokey was putting on her Converse when I did, and she looked up at me with a grin

"Yesh!" Smokey shouted, finishing with her shoes and racing out of the room. I heard her enter Ethan's room where the guys were waiting and jump on to Ethan's bed.

"In your faces, losers!" Smokey shouted happily. "Smokey gets the front seat because she is amazingly awesome! And you are not! What now!" I rolled my eyes.

"Sure you are, Smokey. Sure you are," I heard Ethan say. He didn't sound sarcastic, but amused and happy.

I skipped out into the hallway. "Come on guys. It is time to go! It's eight o'clock right now!" Everyone came racing out into the hallway, almost knocking me over. Thankfully, Trent stopped and grabbed my arm so I didn't fall down the stairs.

I smiled at him and said a quick "Thanks" before racing down the stairs. I don't want to talk to either of them but I know I'm going to have to at some point in time.

Dad grabbed my arm in the living room, making me stop. "Mick I know you are seventeen now and you can make your own choices. I just want you to be careful, okay? Promise?" he said, sticking out his pinky. Yep, my dad is cool enough to still do pinky promises.

I hooked my pinky with his and said, "Promise. Don't worry about it, Dad. I'll be fine." I smiled as convincingly as I could. Dad seemed to buy it and nodded.

"Good. Have fun, love." I nodded in reply and raced out into the car. I hopped into the driver's seat, Smokey next to me in the passengers and the three guys in the middle row seats. We were all packed and ready to go. I started the engine, and took off. No, I didn't know the directions. That's what GPS is for.

A few hours to go and we'll be as close to paradise as we can get.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading Chapter 18! I know it's shorter than the others, but I hope you enjoyed it. This story is getting more and more readers by the day! I really appreciate it!