New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 19

It turns out that the drive was incredibly peaceful. Everyone was asleep. Well, except me because that could be potentially dangerous. Swerving off the road and what not. Smokey would kill me if I did for obvious reasons.

Anyways, it took a few hours with my British-speaking GPS and me. That thing was ninja. It knew where all the gas stations, restaurants, stores, etc. were along the way to the lake house. That GPS was pretty cool.

I woke the others up about five minutes before we reached the house, which was around 11 a.m. Let me tell you, this house was gorgeous. I couldn't believe my eyes. We all got out of my Range Rover and I could only stop and stare.

The house was at the top of a cliff straight above the water. It was large and open with many windows and beautiful landscaping. Then there was a stair case leading down to a dock where there was three jet skis and a speed boat (Who in the world needs three jet skis AND a speed boat?). But the best part had to be the twin trickling waterfalls falling down from the cliff.

"Close your mouth, Finn," Ethan said, smirking at me. "You're drooling." I snapped my jaw closed and wiped my mouth on my sleeve self-consciously.

Ethan just laughed and went around to the back of the car to unload the luggage. I rolled my eyes and followed him. When I reached for my bag, it disappeared from my grasp.

"Don't worry, I got it," Trent said, my suit case in one hand and his duffel bag over the other shoulder.

I smiled in reply, though it was a bit forced and awkward. Smokey noticed and burst out laughing, dragging her bags into the house. I glared at her, though she ignored it. I followed soon after her, the boys close behind.

"What friend owns this? And why the hell does he need a beautiful house, jet skis, a speedboat and a water trampoline?" I exclaimed, spinning around as I stared in awe.

Ethan laughed out loud and shook his head. "It's a she. And let's just say I met a very nice rich girl."

Smokey, sliding down the banister, rolled her eyes. "Met being the operative word," she said. Ethan shrugged, so Smokey continued. "Well, there are two guest rooms. The master and another bedroom are filled with clothes and such so I figured we shouldn't use them. Mickey and I will take one, you three can share the larger of the two."

Ethan and Tyler nodded excitedly and nearly sprinted upstairs. Trent looked at me, smiled gently and handed me my suit case. He then followed the other two to their temporary room.

"So it's Trent?" Smokey asked, watching me watch Trent leave. I abruptly turned and glared at her. Smokey put her hands up in the universal "I surrender" gesture. I sighed and shrugged.

"I'm not sure. He is really sweet and I think I do like--" I tried to reply but was cut off by a high pitch squeal.

"That's great! Maybe you will finally get a boyfriend by the end of this trip!" Smokey exclaimed teasingly, though not loud enough so the guys upstairs could hear.

"Hey!" I said, "I've had boyfriends."

Smokey rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but not in a while. Not since Kris, anyways." The sound of his name still sent cold chills up my spine. Smokey noticed and sighed. "C'mon, let's go unpack our stuff in our temporary room."

"Sure," I said quietly. I dragged my bag up the stairs and followed Smokey to the room. The door swung open to reveal a large, beautifully decorated, white and gold room.

"Oh my god," I gasped quietly, my bag falling from my hand.

"Isn't it amazing?" Smokey asked. I could only nod. The room had a large queen size bed with a white and gold-trimmed comforter. The walls were painted white and the accents (curtains, lamps, chairs) were gold or had a gold pattern.

I walked in and spun around slowly, getting a full view of the room. When I turned back to the doorway, Smokey and Ethan both stood in it with a smirk.

"So you like the house?" Ethan asked, though he sounded sarcastic. I nodded eagerly.

"It's absolutely beautiful!" I exclaimed. Smokey giggled and rolled her eyes.

"Well," Ethan replied, "Get your swim suits on and we'll check out the lake." My eyes widened in excitement and I nodded, racing back to my suit case and pulling it into the room. Smokey shuffled Ethan out and shut the door. We changed into swimming trunks and bikini tops. Smokey's shorts were neon orange with a purple and neon orange zebra-striped top. My trunks, however, were black with white Fleur-de-Lis designs and a plain black bikini top.

We both slid down the banister because it's fun and then waited by the door for the guys. We weren't dumb enough to go outside again to the dock and wait again. We learned our lesson the first time.

The guys came down in a matter of minutes. Without shirts. I stared at the three of them longer than I probably should have. All three were well toned with perfect muscles. Smokey and I shook our heads and looked away, blushing. I knew all three of them would be smirking at us.

Without glancing their way, I turned to the glass patio door and slid it open. "Ready?"

Smokey smiled at me, gesturing back to the guys discreetly. I rolled my eyes as she walked outside. Tyler and Ethan followed, both sending me smirkish smiles. Trent was the only one to stop by me.

He smiled and took my hand, intertwining our fingers. I blushed again as we walked outside together hand-in-hand. The happy tingling feeling went away as soon as we reached the dock.

Right when Tyler saw Trent and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, what's going to happen next? Nobody knows! Well, I do... But I'm not going to tell you yet. (: Stay tuned for Chapter 20! Wow... I can't believe I'm already at Chapter 20...It seems like just yesterday I started this story... Well thanks to all my faithful readers!