New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 27

Tyler was against everything at first. Against me sneaking out. Against me street fighting, let alone my ex-boyfriend who happened to have beaten me. Yeah, I had to explain all that too. But I used my best puppy dog face and he eventually gave in.

"Fine, fine. I'll help you. But I want you to know I am not encouraging this!" Tyler said. I smiled and hugged him tightly once again.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed. Just then, Smokey walked in the room, dressed and ready to go.

"Woah," she said, looking between Tyler and I, "did I interrupt something?" I rolled my eyes and shook my head, stepping back from my guy buddy.

"Just eat your breakfast and be happy, my blue-haired chicky," I said, handing her a plate full of everything I had made. Smokey took it with wide eyes and sat down at the bar.

Ethan tip-toed in behind her, a finger to his lips to signal we should stay quiet. I shrugged and Tyler nodded. Ethan reached over Smokey quickly and stole her cinnamon roll.

"Hey!" Smokey shouted, turning to Ethan. He smirked and bit into the roll. Smokey smiled and leaned forward, until her face was close to Ethan's. Ethan, surprised, let go of the breakfast dessert, causing Smokey to steal it back. "I win!" she shouted.

Ethan blushed and looked away. After a moment, he silently sat next to her on a bar stool. The next person into the kitchen was Trent. He had dressed pretty handsomely, if I do say so myself.

"Good morning, my fellow summer vacationers," Trent said, happily. He walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Breakfast looks great."

"Well, eat up, all of you," I said with a smile. "We've got a big day ahead of us."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took forever, along with a lot of nagging from Elizabeth and whining from dumb store clerks who wanted us to fill out more and more paper work. But we did it. Smokey, Ethan, Tyler, Trent and I finally planned the entire wedding reception.

Let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Food, music, set up, decorations, etc. But the party was going to be great. My dad and Anne were going to love it.

We were all back at home, and it was late, almost 6:00 p.m. I usually get to Kletka relatively early to practice before a fight.

I was in my bedroom, dressed in fighting clothes (basically a black sports bra, black shorts and black Converse. They don't call me Shadow for nothing!). I put my hair in low pigtails and checked out me appearance once more in the mirror Someone knocked on my locked door, causing me to freeze.

"McCartney? It's me, Tyler," he said through the door. I sighed in relief and opened it for him. He stepped in the room and once-overed me. "You look good."

"Thanks," I chuckled. Tyler smiled and shrugged. "So all I need you to do is make sure everyone keeps believing I went for a jog. I should be back by 10:00 p.m. Kletka isn't too far, but my phone will be off if there is an emergency. So here's the address." I wrote it down then turned to him. "Thanks for doing this. I really owe you one."

"Don't worry about it." Tyler smiled and kissed my forehead. "Just be careful, alright?" I nodded and we walked downstairs together. Without even acknowledging anyone, I was out the door.

And running towards the one thing I've been running away from for so long.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler's P.O.V.

So far, so good. McCartney's has been gone for almost an hour and a half. I guess it isn't weird for her to be jogging for so long. Smokey, Ethan, Trent and I were all sitting in the Entertainment room, playing pool and watching TV.

"Haha I win!" Smokey shouted at Ethan. "I am the Pool Queen!" She smiled and pointed her pool cue at Ethan. He grabbed it and pulled, causing Smokey to fall against his chest. Ethan caught her, of course, and set both cues on the pool table.

"I let you win," he said, smirking at Smokey's blush. I chuckled from my comfortable spot on the couch by Trent.

"Oh, break it up you lovebirds!" I called over my shoulder to them. They stepped away from each other quickly, just as the door bell rang.

"I'll get it," Smokey said, tearing her eyes from Ethan and sprinting for the door. I followed her, just in case it was someone who could potentially cause a problem with Mickey's plan.

Smokey opened the door and squealed. "Oh my god! Josie? Is that really you? I can't belive it's you!" The girl behind the door looked almost like a shorter version of McCartney. She had straight black hair with level bangs, a few piercings and heavy eyeliner.

Josie chuckled, stepping into the house and shutting the door behind her. She then hugged Smokey. "It's been forever! I just came to visit for Uncle Richard's wedding!" she exclaimed and caught sight of me. "Uh, Smokey..." she said hesitantly, "who's the dude?"

Smokey turned to me and laughed. "Oh, this is Tyler. He's one of Ethan's friends. Well, now me and Mickey Mouse's friend too. You've heard of Ethan, right? New step brother?"

"Oh sure. My mom has told me all about him. And it's nice to meet you, Tyler," Josie said with a smile. I nodded and smiled in reply. "So where is Mick anyways?"

"Uh...she went for a jog. I'll try her cell," Smokey said, pulling our her turquoise phone that matched her hair. She dialed the number, went to voicemail, dialed again, went to voicemail again, dialed a third time, and got voicemail again.

"That's weird. She always has her phone on unless she's going to..." Smokey said, trailing off. By this time, Trent and Ethan had joined us and were standing by Josie. Smokey turned her grey gaze to me. "Tyler, where is McCartney?"

My eyes widened and I took a step back. Smokey knew, she just wanted confirmation. "Uh....I....she..."

"Tyler..." Smokey hissed. Josie glanced from Smokey to me, confused and a bit frightened. I heard her whisper to Trent, "Uh...what the heck is going on?" Trent just shrugged, both him and Ethan watching us.

"If I say Kletka, will you promise not to hurt me?" I muttered, angered with myself that I let McCartney down. Smokey's anger flared and she turned to Josie.

"I know you just got here. I'm sorry, but we have to go out and get McCartney," Smokey said with forced calmness.

"Where is Mickey? And what is Kletka?" Josie asked, tilting her head like all Finns do so well.

Smokey answered both with one answer: "The one place she knows I hate almost as much as the man who killed my parents."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. Some of you may know that I did a character contest on my Quizilla account. So the new characters will be introduced over the next few chapters.

Josie Finn: created by Quizilla user OscarxThexGrouch8
Alexandra Crepsley: created by Quizilla user NanaChan07