New Step Brother, New Family, New Life? Thanks for Nothing, Dad

Chapter 5

Ok, so here we are in Ethan's black Expedition SUV which was decked out with everything. Stereos speakers, built in phone, iPod dock, etc. And we still had no idea where the hell we were headed. I mean, we know we were going to the mall. But we were going to pick up his "friends." He wouldn't even tell us what gender they were!

We stopped in front of a nice home in a crowded neighborhood. I glanced at it before leaning my head back against the headrest and closed my eyes. Remind me never to lose a game of rock paper scissors for the front seat.

I heard the doors open and two persons slide into the seats of the middle row next to me. I'm just so glad I took a window seat! Anyways, I stayed stiff and in that position.

"Hey Ethan! Who are the chicks?" said the new guy that took the other window seat. I sighed and opened my eyes to meet the guys.

Holy crap...

These guys were freaking gorgeous! Both had dark brown shaggy hair and chocolate brown eyes. However, they didn't look like they could be brothers. The guy on the far side of the car was more formal and slightly preppy looking. The one closest to me looked pretty badass as he smirked as I stared, his lip ring moving as his lips did.

Oh... I was staring. Haha... That's awkward. I glanced at Smokey, who had almost the same expression looking back at us. Also awkward.

Shaking my head to clear it, I smiled and said, "I'm McCartney." I heard Ethan chuckle from the driver's seat. I rolled my eyes as did Smokey.

She chimed in from the front seat, "Smokey is my name." The new guys smirked at us.

"I'm Sean Trenton. But call me Trent. I hate the name Sean," the preppy looking one said. I smiled and nodded, turning my gaze to the badass looking one by my side. He met my gaze and quickly averted his eyes.

"My name is Tyler," he said quickly, hiding behind a curtain of soft brown hair. I shrugged and looked out my window, barely listening to the conversations of small talk filling the car. But the one thing I noticed was Tyler didn't say a word.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mall wasn't really that busy today to our surprise. Smokey and I were having a blast and the guys made it all the more fun. They were hilarious. Well, at least Ethan and Trent were. Tyler just kind of followed us around with his head hanging.

Anyway, they kept acting like our gay best friends and commenting on everything we tried on. The funniest thing to watch, however, was Ethan's constant flirting with every decent girl in the place. I laughed as the girls either gave him their numbers or rejected him. It was great.

As far as shopping goes, I bought some cute shorts, some jean, others cloth. About 6 pairs of those. What...? They were on sale! I also bought three pairs of skinny jeans and some awesome looking tees plus two bathing suits. Smokey got all bright neon clothes. The guys didn't really get anything. Surprise, surprise. Haha, I love sarcasm!

"Last stop! Food court! I'm starving!" Trent exclaimed happily, hooking arms with me like old pals would. Yeah, I know we just met.... Don't judge our similar quirkiness!

"I want a Pineapple Mango Smoothie!" Smokey decided, happily skipping over to one mini restaurant. Ethan rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I want a smoothie too. Meet you guys over at that table?" He said, gesturing to an empty table across the way. Without waiting for a reply from us, he disappeared after Smokey.

"I want food! Not drinks! Burgers, anyone?" Trent asked with a goofy smile. I was about to nod in agreement when he dragged me over to some other mini restaurant. I made sure to grab Tyler's hand and pulled him with me.

Was I just imagining it, or did Tyler's hand tighten around mine?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoped you all liked Chapter 5.