Status: Active.... It's the re-written version of Arranged Marriage To WHO?

The Gift From Hell

Chapter 3

Reva got up from the sofa, and scratched her head. “Um,” she spoke. Payton and I looked up at her with questioning eyes. “What do you want to do?” I shrugged, looking over at my other best friend.

“Hm,” he mumbled. I don’t think he was listening. “What?” Point proven.

“What do you want to do?”

“Um... There’s a lot of things I would like to do. But I can’t,” he sighed. I started laughing, and he shot me a glare, so I shut up. He smiled, satisfied. I shook my head in disapproval, as Reva looked at us with worry in here eyes.

“It’s nothing,” I stated, placing a hand on the floor, pushing myself to my knees. I sighed, and stretched a little. I got to my feet and extended a hand toward our guy friend still on the floor. He laughed, and took it. I tugged on his arm, and he wouldn’t budge. “Gr,” I growled. Reva laughed hysterically, but gave up one of her own arms to help him up. He gripped our hands, and we pulled backward. He still didn’t budge.

“You could help,” Reva complained, pulling on his arm again.

“I know. But you know I’m too lazy for that,” he retorted. We glared at him, that’s when it hit me. I motioned toward Reva to come toward me.

“I have an idea to make him get up,” I whispered. She nodded wanting to know more. “All you have to say is that you want a kiss, and that’ll send him flying.” she pulled away from me, and looked at me bewildered. “Please, it’ll get him up.” She sighed, and turned toward him.

“Payt,” she mumbled.

“Hm...” he said looking up at his crush.

“I want a kiss,” she spoke, and as I suspected he shot up.

“Really?” he asked, getting closer to her.

“No. Why would I?” she asked, backing up against the wall.

“Oh,” he sighed, plopping down on the couch.

“Seriously?” I asked.

“Yeah.”

“Whatever. Reva lets go to your room,” I said, grabbing her hand and leading her up the stairs.

“What?” she sighed.

“What are you going to wear to the concert tomorrow?” I asked, and she shrugged.

“A Fall Out Boy shirt, and some skinny jeans. As usual.”

“Oh...” I trailed. “Can you help me pick out something?” I pleaded. She smiled and nodded. “Thank you,” I squealed, running up to her. I embraced her, and she started laughing. I pulled away, laughing with her. The door creaked open, and there stood our best friend.

“What is going on up here?” he asked, entering the room and shutting the door.

“Nothing,” I said, looking between the two.

“Uh huh,” he replied looking down at the ground.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing,” he sighed.

I groaned, “What?”

“Honestly, nothing at all.”

“Whatever,” Reva replied, groaning.

“Are you going to ignore me now?” Payton asked, getting down to her level.

“What else do you want me to say?” she asked.

“I don’t know. I would love it if you’d just keep talking to me.”

“I bet you would,” she retorted.

“What’s up with you two?” I asked, “I don’t see you for a few hours and this is what happens?”

“Apparently,” Reva sighed.

“So...” Payton trailed.

“Get over whatever it is, come on guys. Really?”

“Not my fault he had to ruin my chance at a date with a really cute guy,” Reva complained.

“He was all over you. I was protecting you!” Payton yelled.

“Whatever. You just... can’t stand to see me happy can you?” She screamed, throwing her hands up.

“You know I can. It’s just... that guy... something seemed wrong about him,” Payton mumbled.

“You say that about every guy!” Reva yelled, pushing him toward the wall.

“I do not!” Payton yelled walking back toward her, even closer than he was before.

“Do too!” Reva got one step closer. The kept getting closer until their noses were touching.

“Guys, guys, guys!” I spoke aloud, putting a hand between them, and separating them.

“What the hell?” Reva screamed.

“Stop fighting!”

“Why should we?”

“I don’t want to see you two fight. Please.” I sighed, dropping my hands.

“Fine,” Reva sighed. “Only because I’m the bigger man.”

“Whatever,” Payton said, storming out of the door.

“Ugh!” I groaned, following Payton. “Payt. Payton Anthony! Stop right there.”

“Why’d you have to use the middle name? You know I hate it,” he groaned, turning around.

“What are you trying to do to her?”

“I’m trying to get her to like me. You know how much she means to me.”

“By suffocating her?” I asked, “That’s helping sooo much.”

“How would you handle it?” he retorted, pulling his hands up and onto his waist.

“I’d give her space, sooner or later she’ll come crawling back to you.”

“But what if she doesn’t?” he asked.

“Then let her be. Your friends. She thinks that’s all you two will ever be.”

“I know,” he said. “And that’s what scares me most. She doesn’t know how much I love her.”

“I know Payt.”

“What if I lost her one day? And she never knew?”

“What is with all the what if’s?”

“It’s my way of getting things out,” he sighed.

“Everything will be okay Payton.” I said, opening my arms.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Positive.” I smiled, and hugged my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's not as long as the others. I can't think, at all right now, and I haven't been for the past few weeks.
please leave comments. they are highly appriciated.

I will try to write more soon. I hope.

I love you all.
-Baby Blue(Lizzy)