Status: Active. More comments mean more updates! :)

Forcibly Wedded: The Billionaire’s Convenient Wife

Discussion

Jaw clenched and eyes spitting fire, Seto Kaiba headed towards the women, banking the desire to grab Ayaka Mazaki by the scruff of her neck and throw her out.

She was slight in stature, with very long dark hair which fell down her back like mahogany silk, flawless skin and enormous, thickly lashed brown eyes.

She smiled a warm, enticing smile, her full, rosy lips stretching to reveal even white teeth. That she would attempt to lure him with her charms was laughable.

When she moved toward him, curling a sleek tendril around one slender finger, he held on to his temper.

"Seto Kaiba," she said in a deep-throated, sexy drawl. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Seto glanced at the well-dressed woman, his hard mouth compressed. "The search for you has been long and frustrating, Ms. Mazaki."

"Oh, Ayaka, please." A sultry smile curved her ripe lips. "And I hope you weren't too bored with my sister."

His gaze went to Anzu who remained seated and gazed back impassively. "I can assure you, I wasn't." Dull anger made his throat tight as he settled on the baby in her arms.

He didn't bet on the bitch having a child. But gold-diggers always had a crafty trick or two up their expensive sleeves. He watched the sway of Ayaka's hips, daring himself not to roll his eyes and failing. He wasn't Mokuba. His brother liked his women pretty and dumb. Seto didn't.

When Ayaka took the baby from Anzu, holding him like a prized trophy she'd won at the local fair, he wanted to smash something.

"Doesn't he look familiar?" her perfect lips displayed a secret smile. "This is my son. The baby Mokuba and I made together."

Seto's burning eyes surveyed Ayaka in angry challenge, his jaw line squared. "A paternity test—" he said. A deadly tone sliding from his throat. "—will be done to ensure the child is indeed Mokuba's."

A light gasp floated past her lips. "Why, darling? I am speaking the truth."

He didn't doubt her. She must have cooked up this baby scheme to trap Mokuba. It was well executed, except for one tragic flaw: Mokuba was dead.

With effort, he channeled his frustration into calm cruelty. "Can't trust a common whore," he said. Then, with perversity he added, "I'll let the proper lab work judge who's lying and who isn't. Until then the child will remain in your care."

"The child has a name," Anzu voiced coolly, her lustrous eyes sparking in a way which jolted his pulse. "It's Elian."

Nice name, Seto thought blankly. It was Hebrew for the Lord is my God. He watched the tiny thing covered in red, his features indistinct but already he bore an undeniable resemblance to his father in hair and skin color.

When he transferred his attention to Ayaka, he saw she was staring at him intently. Those big brown eyes glowing with what he suspected to be dollar signs. He could hear the cash register ringing.

"Are you going to raise him by yourself?" Seto's tone was clipped and hard, a cold anger turning blue eyes into something fearsome.

Ayaka's sigh was ineffably sad. She was a consummate actress, knowing how to turn on the emotion and pour herself into any role the situation demanded. "It would be difficult because—because… "

"Because…" Seto prompted icily when she hesitated.

"I'm an unemployed woman, Mr. Kaiba. I can't afford to care for a young child."

His gaze rolled from the tips of her polished toes to the lacquer she applied to her hair. "And yet you're wearing a thousand dollar suit," he observed viciously.

Hot anger spread across her cheeks, her defense pathetic and just damn stupid. "I didn't purchase it. It was given to me as gift by a former lover."

Yeah? And he was Wile E Coyote.

"Whatever you say," Seto's scornful laugh dismissed the claim. "If the child is indeed my brother's, financial aid will be provided until it's no longer necessary."

"There is no 'if' about it," Ayaka snapped. "During my affair with Mokuba I was faithful to him. Elian is his son whether you want him to be or not."

Seto wanted to roar and shout he did want this child to be his brother's. To have tangible proof that Mokuba existed and once breathed the same air as he.

"There are things we must discuss," he heard Ayaka say. "Elian's inheritance ranking high on the list."

"His inheritance?" His laugh this time was pure cynicism, so harsh and venomous. "You guileful bitch! You and your bastard child will never see a cent of my brother's money!"

"You've said more than enough, Mr. Kaiba," Anzu remarked quietly, and it took barely any effort to drag his gaze from the whore before him.

Seto's lips curled menacingly. "I can say so much more," he threatened, meeting her stare. She looked as impassive as if she was discussing the weather.

A small frown gathered on her brows. "I'm taking Elian to my suite while the both of you finish your discussion. You can trade insults as much as you like once I leave."

"How magnanimous of you," Seto replied. He saw the blazing heat in her eyes and congratulated himself on creating the fire.

"Mr. Kaiba, you are a stubborn man—"

"So I've been told," he interrupted.

Anzu's frown deepened. "—so I'm going to ask you to put aside your hatred and focus on Elian. His future should be your primary concern, and the both of you need to decide what is best for him."

"You're right, of course," Seto said pleasantly, his anger vanishing as if she had waved a magic wand.

"Isn't she always?" Ayaka commented snidely. "You always have the best of ideas, Anzu. Shall we find someplace private to talk, darling?" she asked Seto.

He nodded and his gaze flickered to Anzu whose blue eyes showed relief. "The hotel's restaurant will suffice."

"Perfect!"

**************

Anzu peered at herself in the vanity mirror and suppressed a groan. There were purple smudges beneath her eyes, her cheeks sunken and pale.

A cry sent her whirling. In the smaller guest bedroom, Elian thumped angry fists on the pillows she made into a hasty baby bed on the queen-size.

"I've already fed you your dinner and changed your nappy, so what's the matter?" she asked her wriggling nephew.

Elian was five months old. He had huge violet-blue eyes and the most adorable pair of dimples.

When he broke into ear-piercing wails, Anzu winced and hurriedly tried to pacify him. He settled—much to her intense relief—into a calming sort of nap, warm and soft in her arms.

"Thank goodness," she mumbled, her arms like jelly as she managed to return him to the nest of pillows.

Walking into the kitchen, Anzu filched a bottle of water from the refrigerator, uncapping it. The piquant lemon flavor cleared the net of cobwebs in her mind, her eyes falling on the face of the silver clock.

It had just gone eight and Ayaka had yet to put in an appearance.

Maybe she's still with Seto Kaiba, a treacherous imp voiced inside her head, taunting her.

Anzu stilled.

She would not torment herself with the details of Seto's personal life or the woman currently occupying his bed. And if he fancied Ayaka—she doubted he did—then who cares?

Annoyed by her reaction, Anzu capped the half-empty bottled water and shoved it back into the refrigerator, whirling to stare at the speckled granite countertops.

She raised her head as the clicking of expensive heels occupied the silence. Ayaka appearing with her usual gait.

"Where have you been?" Anzu fired the question. "It's well past eight."

Ayaka rolled her brown eyes. "I was having dinner. And if you're wondering, it wasn't with the handsome Seto Kaiba."

Anzu reddened fiercely. "You should have been here looking after Elian. He's your responsibility."

"It was your idea to bring him to your suite—" she ducked into Anzu's bedroom and emerged with a cinched cocktail dress done in a beautiful coral shade. "—so don't be a nag. You mind if I borrow this? I have a date with this guy I met at the restaurant."

Anzu was appalled at her sister's ignorance. "You haven't heard a word I've said, have you? Stop acting selfishly, Ayaka, and think about your son's future."

"I am thinking about his future," she exchanged her tailored suit for the dress she'd pilfered. "Seto Kaiba has decided to adopt Elian. He's willing to pay quite a sum too."

Every scrap of color drained from Anzu's complexion. "You're selling your child? That's disgusting!"

"What's disgusting is your lack of faith in me. Do you honestly think I'd be able to give Elian a happy life? I don't like children, Anzu. I only conceived him to win Mokuba."

"Which ended in tragedy," Anzu spat venomously.

Ayaka shot her a churlish glance. "So it did," she sighed. "Seto Kaiba is rolling in money. And if he can support my son, as well as extend a little payment for my hard work, then what's the problem?"

Anzu studied her sister in stunned silence. Then her blue eyes darkened with incredulous fury. "What kind of mother is willing to sell her child in cold blood?"

"One whose lifestyle is hindered by the existence of a baby. I'm only twenty-two, Anzu. I have my life ahead of me. I can't waste it by sitting at home watching the best years of my life slip by because of some brat."

Anzu compressed her lips, white lines girding her mouth as she breathed heavily. "You made the decision to give birth to that 'brat.'"

"It's something I've come to regret."

Stiff with strain, Anzu forced a modicum of calm. "Just go," she whispered.

Ayaka arched a sleekly waxed brow. "Why are you so upset?"

Anzu barked a laugh at the question, then gave Ayaka her back. "Enjoy your date," she tossed over her shoulder waiting to hear Ayaka slam out, then subsequently curled into a miserable ball on her bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hope you're enjoying this story so far. And if you do like it, subscribe and comment on it. If there's one thing I dislike, it's when people don't leave feedback on my writings. If you read the story and you like it, just leave some comments. It doesn't take too long to leave a simple "I like it! Can't wait for the next update" -- just 30 seconds. I told one of my friends, Falling.Down, about that, and she agreed with me. :)