Once Upon A Hidden Life...

Back To The Past

__________Mikey's P.O.V.
I shifted my eyes around my blank bedroom, I felt worn out, but I just couldn't sleep. I don't know, maybe I was uncomfortable, or maybe I was thinking about too much. But whatever it was, it was bugging me.

I sat up, my head was blasting, I had terrible headache.

Okay, that was it, I was getting up.

I got out of my bed and slowly paced towards the kitchen. I'll make coffee.

I was in the middle of brewing my coffee when I heard a noise on my clock, it was Midnight.

A sudden memory came to my mind, a memory that I have longed to forget, but never have.


*Flashback*
The clock had struck Midnight, I was up and wide awake.
I was, well, too excited.
Why?
I just got exciting news, I recieved a text message about 3 hours ago.
Do you want to know what it said? Then I shall tell you.

"Guess what Little Brother? Our baby was born! She's a girl, and we have named her Denise, We'll be there in about an hour, till then!"

But...it's been 3 hours. And...still no one has come.

I was beginning to get worried, I wondered if anything had happened.

Then suddenly a knock came on my door, Gerard!

I opened the door with an enthusiastic look stuck to my face, the smile I had on was just as big as my entire face. But you couldn't say the same about Gerard's face. No, his face ws lit, but, sadness was mixed in with it.

He looked up at me and managed a faint smile.

"I want to introduce you to your niece, Denise," he said handing me the most beautiful baby girl in the world.

"She's adorable!" I exlaimed, "She has your hazel eyes," I smiled.

"But..." he started, "It's my wife, she died one hour after Denise's birth," he looked up, his face had fallen, and a tear began to trickle down from his eye.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I said throwing him a hug.

I looked down at Denise, who was peacefully sleeping.

"Would you do me a favor, and watch Denise for me?" Gerard asked me, his voice, broken.

"Of course, I'd be honored," I replied.

"Thank you, I...uh...have to go somewhere," He bent down and kissed his beautiful sleeping daughter. "I love you," he whispered in her ear, "Don't forget that."

I looked at him, his face showed how proud he was of his baby girl. I could tell he hate to leave her, but I could also tell how sad he was that his wife had left him one this earth.

"I love you too, brother," he told me, giving the biggest smile I've seen him give today.

"I love you," I said, "I'll see you soon," I smiled.

He nodded, then dissappeared out of my door, and I silently closed it behind me.


Back to reality...
At that time, I didn't know what teribble future lay before me.

It's been 8 years since then, and...Gerard still hasn't come back.

And I'm still stuck here wondering why, and I don't even know where he went.

But I love Denise, and she's really like a daughter to me, although, I never told her about Gerard. Does that make me a bad uncle? Hmmm....

Then suddenly I heard a shrill scream coming from Denise's room.

Oh no, I dropped my coffee mug and ran, I wasn't going to let anything happen to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me how you like it so far. ^^ Sorry the first chapter isn't very well written. :(