Status: Complete.

Everybody's Losing Control

Forks.

It was now the following Saturday, 8am, and Mya was on her normal morning run. Luckily it wasn’t raining, it was just cloudy, so she was able to wear her grey short shorts and white t-shirt. But as she passed Seth’s house, she noticed he was outside washing his car in just a pair of jeans.

“It’s a bit early for you, isn’t it?” Mya called teasingly.

Seth looked up startled, before smiling.

“Exercise junkie. You should really join the track team. They’re holding tryouts at the start of November,” Seth grinned, beckoning her over.

“Maybe I will,” Mya laughed.

She walked over to where he was, cringing at how gross she looked. He pulled her against his body by holding her hips, making her blush as their chests touched.

“You look even more beautiful when you have adrenaline pumping through you. And I can’t say I’m complaining about how little you’re wearing, either,” Seth smirked, resting his hands on her ass.

“Can’t say I’m complaining, either,” Mya retorted with a smile, resting her palms on his bare chest.

Within a second Seth had connected their lips, hungrily kissing her. Mya gasped slightly, but couldn’t stop herself kissing back, sliding her hands from his chest up around his neck. She felt like a fire was burning between them, the rush of passion and desire urging her to arch her back, creating an impossible friction. Seth groaned softly, closing his hands slightly, making Mya moan in return. Then a wave of cold water hit them, making Mya jump back and squeak. They turned their heads to see Leah standing on the porch, laughing with an empty bucket in hand.

“Mom’s coming downstairs, and she’d flip if she saw you doing that in public,” Leah smirked.

Seth flipped her his middle finger, picked up his dry t-shirt from the floor and gave it to Mya.

“You’re t-shirt’s white,” he said with a small smile.

Mya blushed, quickly pulling his t-shirt over her head. It went to her mid-thighs.

“I’ll go get you some of my clothes,” Leah laughed, heading back in the house.

Once they were alone again, Seth took Mya’s hands in his, smiling weakly.

“I’m so sorry about Le,” Seth apologised.

“Don’t be. I’ll dry off,” Mya giggled.

“If you say so,” Seth frowned.

Mya smiled and leant her head up, kissing him softly. As the front door opened again, Mya quickly pulled away, turning her head to see Sue standing there, phone pressed to her ear.

“Yes Will, Mya is here. Mmhmm. Of course she can! Sure thing. Have a nice day!”

Sue hung up the phone, looking at Mya.

“Willem was just checking you’re okay. He was the last one in the house, and was just ringing to ask if you could spend the day here,” Sue explained.

“Overprotective fool,” Mya blushed.

“It’s sweet, if only our Leah was like that. Now, you must be hungry from your run – do you want some breakfast?” Sue smiled.

“I’d love some,” Mya beamed.

“Come in then!” Sue laughed.

Sue went back inside the house, so Mya turned her head to face Seth. Only to see him murmuring into his own phone. He noticed her looking at him and smiled, taking the phone away from his ear.

“Mya, do you want to meet some of my friends in Forks?” he asked.

“You have friends in Forks?” Mya asked, surprised.

Seth laughed and put the phone back up to his ear.

“Sure Edward, she’d love to. Alright, we’ll be there in a couple of hours. Tell Rose. Hah! Okay, see you!”

He hung up. Mya linked their hands together, pulling him back inside the house with a nervous smile.

“Mom, we’re going to see the Cullens today!” Seth announced.

“Oh really?” Sue sighed, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes really. Jake’s already up there with Nessie, and they want to meet Mya,” Seth said firmly.

“Whatever, just make sure Mya’s not home too late,” Sue shrugged.

Seth sighed and turned to look at Mya, only to see her looking very worried.

“Don’t worry, they’re really nice. Apart from Rosalie,” Seth reassured.

“If you’re sure…” Mya said uneasily.

*

At 11am, Mya and Seth were in his car, speeding through a road in the forest. She was wearing a pair of tight light blue jeans, a plain white t-shirt and a black cardigan of Leah’s, as well as a pair of Sue’s black pumps. The CD player was blaring Escape the Fate and their hands were linked, both of them sitting in a happy silence. Eventually they pulled up outside a huge modern house. Mya started shaking out of nerves, but Seth got out the car quickly, taking her hands to help her out too.

“Don’t be scared. They’ll love you,” Seth whispered.

Mya took a deep breath and nodded, so Seth kissed her forehead and pulled her to the front door. As he rang the doorbell, he ran his thumb over the back of her hand soothingly. But as the door opened Mya froze, her eyes going wide in horror.

“Carlisle, this is my girlfriend Mya O’Donnell. Mya, this is Dr Carlisle Cullen,” Seth introduced, glancing worriedly down at her.

“Is everything alright?” Carlisle asked gently.

Mya bowed her head, before taking a deep breath and looking up at him.

“I’m sorry, you just, um, kinda look like the girl that kidnapped my sister,” Mya whispered.

Carlisle looked at Seth in confusion.

“Mya’s little sister was kidnapped and killed in Volterra. The girl that took her was really pale like you. Obviously you don’t know her, but it’s a bit of a shock for Mya,” Seth explained, sending Carlisle a pointed look.

Carlisle’s eyes went wide with shock, and his expression went to one of great sadness.

“I am terribly sorry for you loss. Please send your family my condolences,” Carlisle said gravely.

“Thank you,” Mya said with a weak smile.

“Would you like to come in now?” Carlisle asked warmly.

Seth looked down at Mya, who nodded. They entered in silence, Seth giving Mya’s hand a squeeze to show how proud he was of her. Mya stopped in awe as seven more beautiful people entered the landing.

“Mya, this is the Cullen family. Edward, Bella, Alice, Jasper, Esme, Emmett and Rosalie,” Seth grinned, indicating to each one in turn.

Mya smiled shyly at their waves.

“Where are Jake and Nessie?” Seth asked with a smile.

“In the garden,” Edward replied, rolling his eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner that you had such a pretty…girlfriend?” Alice demanded, making the others laugh.

“I was keeping her to myself,” Seth retorted, sticking his tongue out.

Everyone laughed again. Mya smiled, suddenly feeling more relaxed. Seth smiled secretly at Jasper in thanks.

“Do you like movies, Mya?” Bella asked suddenly.

“Erm…yeah?” Mya said hesitantly.

“Do you mind if we steal your girl for a while then?” Alice beamed at Seth.

“If she doesn’t mind being stolen,” he laughed.

“Sure, okay,” Mya smiled nervously.

“Great! We’ll be out the back if you need us!” Emmett boomed.

Mya jumped slightly, but allowed herself to be dragged into a different room by Alice and Bella, Rosalie right behind.

“Her emotions are all over the place! It was hard to keep her calm!” Jasper complained to Seth.

“She gets really shy around people she doesn’t know,” Seth smiled, glancing at the door Rosalie was closing.

Alice jumped on a sofa, folding her legs under her. Bella did the same. Hesitantly, Mya sat down on a sofa opposite, and Rosalie sat next to her.

“So how long have you been with Seth?” Alice asked cheerfully.

“Erm, nearly a month now. I only moved here in the summer, and I met him on the first day of school. He’s my best friend,” Mya explained with a smile.

“Why’d you move here?” Bella asked curiously.

Mya’s smile fell, making the 3 girls frown.

“Death in the family,” Mya mumbled.

“Oh I’m so sorry!” Bella gasped.

“Don’t worry about it,” Mya replied, shaking her head.

“I guess you have to be pretty strong to cope everyday, huh?” Rosalie said softly.

Bella and Alice raised eyebrows at each other, surprised Rosalie was actually being civil.

“Yeah I do. A lot of the time it’s really hard, but I have my parents and my brother to help me. And now Seth. Time will heal all of us,” Mya nodded, biting her lip.

“Now you’ve got us too,” Rosalie finished, smiling slightly.

Mya smiled back. Alice cleared her throat, standing up.

“Rose, come with me to get some drinks,” she said firmly.

Rosalie raised an eyebrow but did so, leaving Mya and Bella to choose a movie. As soon as they were in the kitchen, Alice turned to face Rosalie, a curious look on her face.

“Why are you being so nice? I mean, it’s great! And fitting in with what I saw!...but it’s not like you,” Alice said, frowning slightly.

“I honestly don’t know. There’s just nothing about her that I can find to dislike. Not even the fact that she’s really pretty without make-up. She’s been through so much hurt – I think she needs a friend or two more than she’s got. I’m even surprising myself,” Rosalie admitted.

“I’m proud of you,” Alice grinned, clapping her hands together.

Just then, Jacob and Renesmee walked in, Jacob giving her a piggy-back ride.

“What’s made you so hyper?” Jacob chuckled, lowering Renesmee to the ground.

“Rose was really nice to Mya,” Alice sighed happily.

“Woah, the Rosalie Hale being nice? Never thought I’d see the day,” Jacob snorted, Renesmee giggling too.

“Shut it, mutt,” Rosalie hissed.

“Keep your wig on, leech. Do you want to meet Seth’s girlfriend, Nessie?” Jacob asked warmly.

“Yes please. Dad thinks she’s lovely already,” Renesmee beamed.

“Awesome! We’ll see you in a minute!” Alice giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
TO BE CONTINUED...

Alrighty, as you can see by the status bar, I'm away from Thursday. So leave me lots of nice comments to get back to!
xo