21 Guys, 1 Girl

Just A Dream

It seemed like Connie was gone for less than 20 minutes when I heard a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting anyone so I was a little nervous about it being someone I didn't really want to talk to, like one of my annoying friends or my mother who drops by every few months. 
I rolled off the couch lazily and stood up rubbing my eyes. I was exhausted from the crazy day I'd had so whoever this was, they'd better have a good reason for interrupting my nap.
When I finally opened the door, the person on the other side was the last one I would have guessed. Eli Warrenville. Honestly, for about 10 seconds, I debated closing the door and acting like he was never here. But I was too curious to see what he had to say about what had happened earlier.
I held the door open and waited for him to say something, but all he did was lean against the door frame nonchalantly and stare straight into my eyes. I was determined not to give in and say something. He came to see me so he could explain himself. 
"Are you going to invite me in?" he said finally breaking the tense silence. 
"I wasn't planning on it." I said, but Eli walked confidently into my apartment as if I'd just insisted he come inside. I slammed the door harder than I had intended and turned around to face Eli. 
"You gotta calm down sweetheart. We can't have you tense for our first game next week. I can help relax you. If you want?" 
"I'd rather eat my own right arm." I said calmly. "What the fuck do you need to talk to me about?" He started to walk further into my apartment.
"Well, about what happened today in the locker room," he looked up into my eyes to see my reaction, which I hoped was still a look of distaste and disinterest. "I'm not going to apologize because I'm not sorry about it." He said quietly. 
"I was just coming to make sure you hadn't mentioned it to anyone. I don't mean to freak you out but Nash is really interested in you. And well when it comes to relationships, he's not the toughest guy on the team. He doesn't do well when he loses a girl. And he's lost a few. The last thing we need at the beginning of the season is for Marshall to have a broken heart."
This was probably the most caring thing I had and ever will hear Eli say. I don't know why, but I kind of felt more relaxed about being on the team knowing how much our Captain cared about his players. 
"That's wonderful." I said moving towards the door. "I'll be sure to try not to hurt Nash's feelings. Now if that's all you came here for," I opened the door and gestured for him to exit, "I think-"
Eli walked quickly towards me and pushed the door closed. "Thats not all I came here for." he whispered. 
He was staring into my eyes and for a moment I felt a little hypnotized. "Then what else did you come for?" I asked.
Eli stepped closer to me so he was only a few inches away. He slowly moved his hand forward to brush some hair behind my ear. Then he let his fingers gently travel down my neck to my shoulder, and they continued down my arm until his fingers found mine gently. He held my hand and I realized how much better it felt holding his hand than holding Nash's. He stepped even closer to me so our noses were almost touching and he answered my question, "To finish what I started."
Then he tilted his head and brought his lips down to meet mine. This kiss felt if possible better than the first one. Eli's lips were soft and he was holding me gently, like he was afraid I'd pull away. If only he knew that was the last thing I wanted to do. 
I suddenly realized that while kissing Eli, I felt happier than I did the entire time I was with Nash last night. Eli made me feel lightheaded, and my whole body was getting really warm. Feeling his lips on mine and holding his hand felt so right, I couldn't even find words to explain it. 
He moved his hands to my hips to pull me in closer to him and I put my own hands on his neck. 
I felt like I needed to be closer to him. I moved my fingers up and tangled them in Eli's short messy hair. As I did this Eli grunted huskily into my lips and he pulled away slightly resting his forehead against mine. 
"Eli?" I whispered looking his eyes. "Hmm?" he said looking right back at me stroking my hips. "What about Nash? What if I really want to be with him and I don't want this to happen again?" 
Something flashed in his eyes when I said this, like an animalistic anger and the next thing I knew, Eli had thrown me over his shoulder. He carried me to the couch and threw me down on it. 
"You better not joke about things like that." Eli said crawling on top of me. "I want you to be mine and I can tell you want to be mine too." 
"What makes you so sure?" I asked raising my eyebrows. He placed his right hand gently on my chest then leaned down so his mouth was eight next to my ear. 
"Because your heart beats 10 times faster when I'm close to you." he whispered. I could feel my body heating upend I knew he was right. I didn't want to accept it at first but I had very strong feelings for Eli. He started to kiss my neck again and it felt so incredible that I couldn't help but moan out his name. He stopped kissing me and sat up. He smiled at me and said "Anna? Anna?" Except it wasn't his voice, it was Connie's and all of a sudden Eli disappeared and I felt someone grabbing my arm and shaking me gently.
Next thing I knew I was looking up into Connie's eyes and she was smiling down at me. 
"Dreaming about Mr. Warrenville, are we?" she asked smirking. 
"No!" I scoffed. 
"Oh don't try to deny it." Connie said. "I heard you whispering his name over and over again. I guess that kiss really got you riled up." 
"No it didn't! You don't know what you're talking about. I was just having a dream, you don't even know what it was about." 
"I can guess. You sounded pretty damn happy." Connie replied.
I was pretty damn happy in that dream, but I'll never admit that to Connie. I don't understand why this is so hard for me. From day one Nash has been one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. And Eli's been a dick from day one. My choice should be obvious. So why isn't it?
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's a little short, sorry. Please comment and tell me what you think about Eli and Nash and who you think Anna should end up with. Thanks to ikickshins, Kayla96, and especially MyrMyr for telling me to get a layout. I didn't ever know how to which was why I didn't have one, but your comment made me figure out. Thanks to all my subscribers! Hope you like this chapter