Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

Living in the Moment

MIA

As I walked back towards my room – that Alex was probably ransacking at the moment – I turned to look back at Zack. But as I turned, he just gave me a small smile that held a secret or two. He didn’t seem to be happy for me. I don’t think I’d have to ask questions to know why though.

Just as I was about to twist the doorknob to my room, the phone in my pocket started buzzing.

“Hello?” I answered, without looking at the caller ID.

“Hey Mia, I don’t know if Zack told you, but I’m headed out for tour and I’ll be gone for a couple of weeks,” Peter said in an undefined tone.

“Oh, he didn’t say anything. But I hope you do great! Bring back some merch for me,” I said with more enthusiasm than I could’ve ever hoped for.

I didn’t exactly understand why I was over-the-top happy but that’s what being with Alex felt like and I couldn’t help it.

“You seem really happy…,” he trailed off. Well, maybe getting curious wouldn’t be something I’d doubt since I’ve been crying these last two days. But at least I’m not completely alone and that if ever I did need to cry, I could borrow Alex’s shoulder and lean on it.

“Yeah, I am. It’s going pretty great here.”

“Well, save some of that happiness until I get back, okay? I don’t ever want to see another tear from your eyes.”

I laughed at his last sentiment as we both hung up. I twisted the door knob to find Alex jumping like a hooligan around my room.

“What’s gotten into you?” I asked after I shut the door.

“You got into me,” he said, pushing me against the door. He kissed me hard and I smiled as I snuck my fingers under his shirt and started tickling him.

He started wiggling like a worm as I tickled his sides. He lost his balance and then I fell on top of him as we laughed our butts off.

“You know, you never should’ve done that,” he whispered.

“Do tell me why, Mr. Gaskarth,” I replied, mocking a really bad British accent.

“Yeah, we have to work on that terrible accent you have, dear,” he answered back with a sexier British accent.

“You sound really sexy in that voice,” I said, nipping his neck.

“And you’re pretty sexy,” he said and my head perked up.

“Okay, we have to work on better pick up lines,” I said, getting off him.

“Or we can work on you.”

He carried me and threw me on the bed where we made out for a pretty long time. I can never get tired of this. Life is definitely getting better.

ZACK

Okay, it hasn’t been an hour since I got back and I am annoyed to the highest level. I can practically feel the walls shake. People on top of Mt. Everest can probably hear both of them screaming. It was about eleven at night and they were already having sex.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs but just before I was about to, I heard someone’s phone ring. It came from the kitchen. I followed the ringing and saw that Alex’s phone laid unattended on the kitchen counter.

I walked to it and grabbed it. The messages were from Lisa – his ex. I read them not exactly caring that they were private or not. It was sort of a spur in a moment kind of thing and stuff like this intrigued me.

All the messages seemed like they were still together. It seriously didn’t have some kind of break-up tone hidden underneath.

I couldn’t believe he was cheating on her with Mia. She’s practically using Mia as a sex toy and I just let it happen. Now, I can’t even do anything about it because I promised her that I’d stay the fuck away from Alex.

This day just couldn’t get any better.

I grabbed my keys from the glass bowl in the foyer but before I could make it out the door, Rian and Jack ran outside and told me to wait for them.

“Where are we going?” Jack asked as soon as he caught up with me.

“We?” I tried to clarify. Last I checked, I was heading out to the bar by myself.

“We don’t want to be house bound forever here in LA. We wanna live it up!” Rian pitched in.

I shook my head at both of them and got into the driver’s seat of my car. They both got in and we were off to Angels and Kings to get a load off.

The drive to the bar wasn’t exactly quick. There was a little traffic here and there but the ride wasn’t all that boring or silent. I guess I am a little thankful that Rian and Jack tagged along. At least I know I still have friends by my side.

“So what’s the deal with you?” Rian asked all of a sudden.

“What do you mean?” I asked him as I swerved to the right.

“You don’t head down to a bar unless you’ve got something on your mind.” He leaned his back on the car door and turned his body to face me. He wasn’t wearing a seatbelt so it wasn’t exactly that hard.

Jack leaned front from the back and stared at me intently. Even if I couldn’t see, I could tell that his eyes were burning holes through my neck. I hated to be under the spotlight but then again, they are my best friends so I might as well go on and tell them what I’m hiding under my skin.

“The reason I brought Mia here wasn’t just to get her away from all the drama she’s been through back in Maryland. I mean I did want to help her and I thought I could but I can’t. At least not right now,” I started.

“Why’s that?” Jack chimed in.

“Well…” I scratched my head hoping that they’d drop the subject.

“Well, what?” Rian prodded.

I heaved a heavy sigh as I contemplated on whether telling them these things – sober – would be good. But the traffic had started to get even heavier so I decided that maybe prolonging the agony might only cost me more than I can account for.

“I think I’m in love with her,” I said in the lowest voice possible but since we were in a closed space, there was no way their eardrums could miss what I had just confessed.

“You’re what?!” Rian exclaimed.

I honked at the car right in front of us and wanted to just drive it out but apparently, the world wouldn’t give me what I want. I knew I had to face my problems but couldn’t I do it with a beer in hand, at least?

“You’re kidding, right?” Jack asked, as soon as he regained composure.

“I wish I was, Jack. Before you guys came we were sort of together but it never really reached anywhere because Ogren was in the way. But now that he’s gone on tour with the rest of Runner Runner, Alex replaces me before I can even make the first move,” I told them, gripping the steering wheel a little too tightly.

“What’s Ogren got to do with anything?” Rian asked.

I looked at him before looking back at the road. The bar was just a few meters ahead and the road was empty so I stepped on the gas and entered the Angels & Kings’ parking lot and parked the car before I said anything else. “Well, he liked her too but she turned him down and he just couldn’t get the message. I tried to straighten it out by giving him a knuckle sandwich or two but that only made Mia angry at me.”

“Should’ve thought of that one beforehand,” Rian said, getting out of the car.

We all walked towards the entrance that had a pretty long line before it. Luckily, we spotted Pete before we were asked to line up.

“Hey guys! I didn’t know you were in LA. A call or a text would’ve sufficed, you know.” Pete greeted each of us with bro-hugs and led us in without having to go through security and all that.

“It was sort of a last-minute thing since our boy here has been down in the dumps for so long,” Jack said placing an arm around my shoulder to emphasize who he was talking about.

“I hope you feel better, bro,” Pete sympathized. “Drinks on the house tonight for you guys so you guys better drink up, a’ight?”

We all gave out instant smiles and raided the bar after we thanked Pete. The feeling of happiness may not be as great as when I’m with Mia but living it up for the moment won’t exactly hurt anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Excuse the lateness and the typos. I'm a very bad author.