Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

Broken Inside.

“Are you okay?” Peter asked me as soon as we got into the room they let me use for the duration of my stay here.

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine,” I said showing off a bright smile.

“You don’t happen to have feelings for him do you?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“Of course not,” I said laughing nervously. I didn’t know why I was nervous I mean I really didn’t like Zack in that manner so why was I feeling so flabbergasted?

“Whatever, I’ll leave you to freshen up,” he said and I smiled. “And later, we’re all going out,” he added.

“Where to?” I asked him.

“Hanging out somewhere, most probably at Ryan’s house,” he told me.

“Ryan who?” The only Rian I knew was Zack’s band mate and he lived in Maryland which was far away from here.

“Oh right, Ryan Ogren is the lead singer of that band I’m in. You know, Runner Runner…” he said and I smirked.

“I know the name of the band you’re in, you just never introduced me to the guys you play with,” I said with a yawn.

“Well, I’ll introduce you to them later,” he winked before heading out of my room.

After he shut the door, I was left alone in the room. I was glad that Peter didn’t treat me like the rest of the world did. He treated me like a normal person and that was something that I’d missed for a quite a long time now. I didn’t want to be looked upon with sympathy because that only made me miss Eric more. Whenever they asked if I was okay, I’d always tell him no and then they’d ask why and then flashbacks start playing in my head and once it starts, it never seems to end.

I got up and grabbed some clothes from one of my bags and took it to the bathroom so I could shower. One thing that surprised me was that everything was clean and that the bathroom even had new products inside. I sorta expected this house to be really messy seeing as though the people who lived in it were both guys and they were in their 20s which is a pretty young stage in their lives but maybe they were different or maybe this was just for today since I just arrived.

I locked the bathroom door and placed my clothes by the sink before getting in the shower. I didn’t think a shower would lighten my mood up some more but weirdly it did. The water felt so good on me and I didn’t really want to get out but then I heard a knock on my door. Luckily, I had no suds on my body or shampoo in my hair anymore. I grabbed a towel from the rack and wrapped myself around in and quickly opening the door.

“Oh, uh, sorry I didn’t mean to-”

“Um, it’s okay Zack. What’s up?” I said only opening the door wide enough for my head to be the only thing seen from the outside.

“Um, I was just wondering if you were doing alright. I mean with the room and all,” he said but it seemed like he was meant to say something else.

“Oh, um yea, it’s great actually. I was surprised that it was pretty clean.” I said with a smile feeling awkward in my position.

“Oh well we all help in cleaning the house,” he said biting his lip.

“That’s nice,” I said looking from side to side. “So, um, can I go change first? I’ll come out right after,” he nodded eagerly and I smiled at him before closing the door.

I dried myself off some more before putting on some clothes. I walked out of the bathroom with semi-dry but messy hair and saw Zack sitting on the edge of my bed looking out the window. He smiled as soon he turned his attention to me and patted the space beside him to tell me to sit down.

“Where’s Ella?” I didn’t know why I chose to ask that question first but whatever.

“She’s downstairs with Peter. Why do you ask?” he said and I turned to look at him and shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just thought you guys were together or something,” I told him and he laughed.

“Why does everyone get that idea? I mean we’re only friends,” he said and I smirked.

“Well that’s what they all say,” I said looking at my toes.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and my head perked up. Zack leaned against my shoulder. “I’ve missed you,” he started to say. He sounded really sincere and serious. I smiled as I shifted in my position so I could hug him properly.

“I’ve missed you a lot too,” I told him taking in the moment and his scent. He smelled really good and his body was so tight and muscular and sexy. Wait, did I just say that? What is happening to me?

“So what’re you planning to do today?” he asked me as soon as we pulled away from each other. I was sorta unwilling but I didn’t want to cling to him. That would just be weird and creepy.

“Well, Peter said he’s going to introduce me to the rest of Runner Runner later,” I told him and he raised a questioning eyebrow. “What?” I asked and he shook his head.

“It’s nothing. It’s just that Peter didn’t mention anything about that to me,” he said and my eyebrows creased. “But anyway, I came here to ask you if you wanted to go out with me and Ella. We’re heading out to get some ice cream,”

“Oh, um, I don’t know. Peter already told me-”

“Oh, say no more. Another time maybe?” he interrupted and I nodded.

Zack and I went down the stairs together and went inside the kitchen where Peter and Ella were. They seemed to be laughing about something together but stopped when we came in the room.

“Are you ready to go?” Zack asked Ella who nodded eagerly.

They went out the door first while Peter went to get a bottle of water for me and for himself.

“Thanks,” I said twisting the cap and drinking its contents. “By the way, why didn’t you tell Zack about you introducing me to the band?”

“Oh well, I’m sorta setting them up,” he said and I raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?” I asked before my breath got caught in my throat.

“Well, I’m giving them some alone time so that they’re relationship can become something more than friendship, you know?” he said and I showed a synthetic smile. “So you ready to go?” he asked and I nodded and we were out the door to some person’s house.

I didn’t know why I didn’t like the fact that they were spending time together. I mean for some reason, I don’t know but maybe I was jealous? Well there was one thing I knew for sure and that was that I was definitely broke inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So what do you think? Any predictions?

Thank you to those who have shared their thoughts on this story and I hope I get more feedback soon!

read,comment,subscribe :)