Status: Active-ish :)

I'm a Walking Travesty

Out Of Place.

I was in the terminal. All my bags were checked in and all that was left to do was wait until it was time to board the plane. Zack hasn’t left my side ever since we got here and I told him that he didn’t have to keep a close eye on me and he told me he wasn’t – that was simply stuck to my side because he had no place better to go and nothing to do. Well I knew better than to start an argument with him so I just let him be.

“So do you live in a house all by yourself?” I asked him trying to make time pass by faster. It wasn’t awkward being with Zack. I’ve known him for so long to consider his company awkward.

“No, I actually live with my brother but we have an extra room and he’s excited to see you,” he told me and I smiled at him.

Peter, Zack and I always used to play together as children but I was always closer to Zack because Peter would always make fun of me. As I grew older, I figured that he was just immature then and that every kid has those kinds of moments. I was only unfortunate that he let it all out on me. Zack was there to comfort me after though so it was all good.

“He is?” I asked him and he nodded with an encouraging smile.

I wished I could be just as happy as Zack was right now but thoughts led me back to Eric and everything just comes crashing down. We started to board our flight as soon as the flight attendant paged our flight. We got up and walked through the gates after showing our tickets and met the stewardess who was checking Zack out. I laughed as we entered the plane as he whispered to me about how creepy it was that the old stewardess was checking him out. I was laughing – something I hadn’t done in a week.

We settled into our seats and buckled in. As soon as we were secure and everyone boarded, the plane took off and I fell asleep. I subconsciously leaned on Zack’s shoulder and I was glad that he didn’t mind. He placed an arm around me and wrapped me up in his strong arms that he loved to work out with.

When I opened my eyes, the plane already and landed and people were grabbing their luggage from their overhead cabins. Zack and I were the last ones to get out of the plane since we were situated at the very back of it. I didn’t really mind but Zack seemed to be really impatient.

Once we got our stuff, we followed the crowd out into the terminal. Peter was waiting for us and I was glad to see that familiar face. I ran as soon as I saw him and hugged him. I’ve never felt this happy for the past week and I was glad I was finally getting rid of the sulky emotion. Zack smiled when I turned back to look at him. He had all our stuff on a cart and I felt kinda guilty about letting him grab my stuff without my help but he told me not to worry about it. So, I didn’t.

The ride on the way to their California home was filled with memories and such to get my thoughts away from what made me try to hurt myself. They never pressured me to answer anything I didn’t want to and I was happy that they didn’t dwell on that subject just like my mother had for the past week.

“So how’ve you been?” Peter asked once he parked the car and we all got out. He popped the trunk and I started grabbing my bags. Zack went in ahead asking Peter to carry his stuff inside. Peter didn’t really mind.

“I’ve been better, I guess,” I said lightly as I dragged my trolley up the porch and carried it over the steps. “And you?”

“Things have been going by smoothly for me,” he said tossing Zack’s backpack over his shoulder. I wonder what Zack would’ve done if I didn’t agree on coming with him.

“Sounds great,” I told him.

He told me about his band called Runner Runner and how they were getting into the scene and how happy he was that there were fans out there who loved their stuff. He told me that he was going to introduce me to the whole band and I told him that I couldn’t wait.

This time everything that came out of my mouth was true. I don’t know why but somehow, when I’m around Peter and Zack, it felt like I could be myself again because I trusted them enough to show them my true self. I was beginning to think of this idea as a really good one not only because I can get away from my mother but also due to the fact that maybe I’d be able to find myself again sooner rather than later when it’s too late.

As I got inside the house, I heard someone laugh. It was a female’s voice. I walked to the kitchen just to find Zack wrapping her arms around the girl’s waist. She was about my age so I guess she was his girlfriend or something. I was happy for him. I was glad that there was someone out there who was lucky enough to have found Zack and that Zack loved her.

“Oh Mia, I want you to meet Ella,” he said and I moved forward with a smile on my face leaving my bag in the living room. “Ella, this is Mia – my best friend since we were kids,” Zack introduced and we both shook hands.

“It’s nice to meet you,” I said genuinely.

She smiled her bright smile that probably won Zack over the first time he saw it. “The pleasure is all mine,” from the way she spoke, she sounded nice. I wonder if she really was someone nice.

Look at me, doubting the person who’s making my best friend happy. I shouldn’t be doubting her. I should be welcoming her with open arms. I don’t know but maybe I was feeling kinda jealous? No, that might not be it.

Zack started to talk to her some more making me completely out of place. Peter came into the room and showed me around. For some reason I seemed kinda out of it. Was her presence going to wreck our relationship? I hope it doesn’t. I was willing to be friends with Ella. I hope she feels the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
well this is starting to get a little dragging. what do you think?
keep writing or give up?
decide for me via comment :)

read,comment,subscribe :)