Status: Had to go back to school, will update first chance I get. Thanks. :(

Wishes (Year One)

I wish I didn't have to go to the doctors.

Some people say that you should have your life planned out accordingly. But others would disagree. Those others would say live life in the fast lane, seize every opportunity granted.

But what if your life is in the fast lane and the people around you are planning out your life accordingly. What if you didn't really have a choice, no pull on the reigns of your own god forsaken life, no chance to make the choice or the mistake and learn from it.

According to my family, the mistakes I've made in the past 5 years are the reason I'm in such a worse condition then I should be. But according to me, they are the best mistakes I've ever made. I would never look back on these years with regret. These years were my legacy. I guess you could say that I followed people that were saying to live life in the fast lane.

What is life anyways? It's what I'm living. It's what you're living. My life changed 5 years and 4 months ago when we went to a doctor, back in the states. That doctor changed my life, or at least what he told me was left of it.

Let's take you back 5 years, when I found myself at a fork in the road. I could stick to the main road or I can take the bumpy short cut.

June 21, 2008. I had just graduated high school. I was 17. We moved from Richmond, Virginia in the U.S. to Sheffield, England. It had always been a dream of mine to move to England, and my parents claimed they were fulfilling my dream for me. But the truth? They need to be there for their job, they just decided to take my brother and me with them. My brother is Christopher, he was 20 and my best friend. He was the only one that supports what I want to do.

My parents were workaholics. Anything that wasn't on their schedule, didn't work out. They had tried to plan Chris' life like that but he wouldn't have it. Then they tried doing it to me. "Become a doctor. Give back to the world before you leave it." was always what my mom said. I didn't want to be a doctor, though. I loved photography. But of course that wasn't up to par for them.

My name is Samantha Brooks, and this is my story of how one boy changed my entire life. He helped me make the choice of what life to live. He showed me the meaning of living.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be posted soon.

Hope you like it.

Thanks to Becca for letting me use her photos for Samantha.