Status: In Progress

Catch a Falling Star

Chapter XII

This. Absolutely. SUCKED. I was trapped here in this forsaken bed all because of a few painful coughs a week ago. Repeatedly, I tried to escape but the Nurse and Snape wouldn't’t hear of it. They were convinced I was still hurt internally, and I fully disagreed.

“Hello, Ms. Spiderwick, how are we feeling this morning?” said a cheerful voice, echoing off of the stone walls.

I flopped my head over to the right, letting out an exaggerated sigh. “I feel terrific, Madam Promphrey, so can I leave yet?”

“Your Uncle wishes for you to spend a couple more days resting, so you are fully ready for the new semester.”

I let out a groan, staring up at the ceiling. “He’s not my Uncle, you know.” I hissed. She just ignored me. With a quick spell, she sent a full breakfast tray over to me with a small bottle of medicine.

“I’ll be back in twenty minutes and I want it all gone.” She said, glaring at me. I nodded, and began to munch on the pancakes in front of me. As soon as she disappeared, I wrapped the medicine up in a napkin and tossed it in the trash. I was tired of sleeping my days away. I wanted to move. The breakfast was delicious, of course, and I swallowed it down with a glass of orange juice. When I sat down the glass, there was a strong urge to fall back asleep on the down feather pillows behind me. I cursed, loud enough for her to hear. Damn that woman for spiking my drink! It wasn’t long before I was completely out.
Draco’s PoV

The fire had a warm, joyful glow to it, but I did not mimic its aura. Christmas Break had been absolutely horrid, which in all honesty was not too surprising. The Dark Lord was growing angrier and it did not help that I was not finished fixing that cabinet yet. Luckily, I was not the only one who had not accomplished the tasks that he had handed out, so his anger was on all of us. Of course, whoever decided not to show up to the last meaning was going to have hell to pay at the next one.

I had spent multiple hours today in that small room but to no avail. My body was exhausted, and I was bitter for multiple reasons.

“Oy, Malfoy!” a voice shouted at me from across the room. Footsteps clicked on the stone floor and stopped to my right. I looked up, a slight smirk on my face.

“Zambini.” I replied, standing and shaking his hand. We gave a quick hug before letting go and regaining our composure. “How did your break go?”

He sighed, a glassy look covering his eyes. “Two weeks in the Caribbean surrounded by beautiful women. All, of course, swooning over my accent.” He bragged at the end.

“That’s the only reason,” I retorted quickly with a chuckle.

“Oy, that was harsh,” he said covering his heart with his left hand, looking offended.

I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

We both took a seat on the couch. “Yours, mate?” he asked.

I remained silent for a moment, before scratching the back of my head and sitting up fully. “Alright.” It was a flat out lie, but he wouldn’t noticed.

“You know, I’m surprised that your down here, after hearing the news from Pothead and Ginger.”

“What news?”

“Britt’s been up in the hospital wing for the last week! With the way you were obsessed in winning her over, I thought that you would be up there constantly.”

I jumped up and looked down at him, but quickly became suspicious. “Why the hell would Pothead and Ginger tell you something like that.”

“They didn’t,” he smirked, “They were discussing it as I was heading down to lunch. They said she was asleep again, before they disappeared around the corner.”

I sunk back into the couch and turned my attention back to the fire, a painful memory hitting me. “She ran off, why the hell would she come back?”

“I dunno,” Blaise responded, shrugging, “but I’m going to head up and say hello and then smack her for running off before our date.”

“What date?” I said turning my attention to him.

“She didn’t tell you?” he said with a smirk.

I grabbed his arm before he could go any farther. “I’m coming too.”

And with that both of us were out and up the stairs, fighting to be the first ones in the door.

Brittana’s PoV

“What are you talking about, ‘before your date?’” a male hissed on my right. The answer came from my left, almost mocking.

“We were going to Hogsmede on Saturday. She agreed to go with me, because I wasn’t blackmailing her.”

“Who said I did that?”

“She did.” There was an obvious smile in his voice.

The first voice growled. “I told you to back off, Zambini.”

“Well, it’s clear that she wants nothing to do with you, Malfoy, so I decided to go for it.”

“Based on what happened before she disappeared, I’m going to have to disagree.” There was pride in his voice.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“She kis-“

That’s all I allowed him to get out before forcing my eyes open and seeing two very familiar faces before me. “Hello boys,” I yawned, a bit groggy. “Long time no see.”

I was instantly crushed into a giant hug, the air quickly escaping me. “Off!” I wheezed, but they didn’t budge. “OFF!” I said louder, trying to smack them on the back. One of them chuckled before they both sat down in their chairs. However, as soon as they were both comfortable, the interrogation began.

“Where did you go?”
“Why did you come back?”

“Better yet, why the bloody hell are you in the hospital wing?”

“What is Zambini talking about you two going on a date?”

“Malfoy was about to make it sound like you kissed, what was that about?”

“Why did Pothead and Ginger know about you being up here before us?”

“Why aren’t you answering?”

“Because you aren’t giving me the time to!” I finally managed to get in. “Look, your Headmaster has some wicked protection spells around this school, and I’m in here after trying to get through them on my own. I’m fine now, but everyone else still thinks that I’m too weak. They know because they were the ones who ended up having to carry me up here when I collapsed on the stairs. Everyone else was gone for Christmas break. The rest really isn’t that important.”

Both looked at me like I had transformed into a dragon in front of them. Utter Amazement.

“I feel the rest may be very important.” Draco finally said, leaning back in his chair.

I sighed, closing my eyes, knowing that I did have to give him an explanation for the way I had taken off…and the kiss.

“Blaise, can I talk to Draco alone?” I asked, slowly opening my eyes and looking at him. The face I saw looked extremely hurt. “I know you deserve an explanation too, but I need to do it separately.”

He mumbled something I couldn’t hear and stood, turning to leave. I grabbed his arm and pulled him slightly back, causing him to look at me. “It won’t be long, promise.” I said with a smile. His face didn’t change. I let go of his arm and he took off out the door – probably straight back to the common room.

“Alright, let’s hear it then.” Draco said, getting comfortable in his seat. This was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that it has taken me forever to post. I hope the length helps make up for it! I've added some new stories on here, and I would love to hear what y'all think of this one!

~Kait