The Heart Never Lies

Why Now?

5:17 PM

I sat myself down on the bed, mentally preparing myself for tonight. I was already dressed up with my makeup on and my hair fixed. I stood up sighing and made my way to my full length mirror. I stared at my dress, admiring it. Tonight, I’m wearing one of my favorite dresses. My hair cascaded down my back with small curls. As for my makeup, it was natural, not putting much on. I smiled a little and nodded in approval. Classy but fun. It’s been a while since I had to dress up. I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. I started posing for the mirror, making me feel like a model getting a paparazzi attack.

Tonight huh, I thought as I twirled around the room. Tonight we were going to have dinner with Daniel and his family. As for the reason, I have no idea why. All I know is, I can’t say no so I definitely have to go. I thought about what happened earlier. Should I have cut him off like that? Should I have let him finish? Well, it doesn’t matter now. I’ll get my answers soon.

Ding dong

I jumped up in surprise almost falling down. I shook my head vigorously and put my game face on. This is my chance. This is where we settle things once and for all, Daniel.

“Hayden, come down!” Mom yelled.

“Coming!” I get my purse and took one good look at the mirror again before leaving my room. I hurried downstairs carefully reaching my 3 last steps and-

“Oh shit!” So much for carefully. I almost trip until I felt someone’s arms. With my luck this is probably Daniel. “Thanks.” I muttered as I turned to see my savior.

“No prob!” Dad smiled at me gleefully. “My baby girl looks beautiful by the way.” My eyes widened and was almost disappointed that it was not Daniel. Well, I guess I was wrong then. I gave my dad the biggest grin and hugged him.

“Thanks Dad.” I kiss him on the cheek and made my way to the living room to find our guests and my mom. Gasps filled the room as I entered it.

“Oh my god, Hayden! You are gorgeous!” Mrs. Jones enthusiastically said as she stood up from her seat. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and grabbed me by the shoulders. “I remember when you were still a young seed. You have grown into a beautiful, blooming flower.” I smile at her and gave her my thanks. I faced Mr. Jones who stood by her when she walked over to me.

“Good evening, Mr. Jones.” I gave him a firm handshake and gave him a shy smile. He pulled me into a hug. I was pretty surprised because this is so out of character for him.
“You are beautiful, Hayden.” He let go and gave me a sincere smile. I blushed a little because it was very rare for him to speak. Well, at least to me he was.

I looked at Daniel for a second and saw him with his mouth open. I smirked as I turned away and went to my mom. I’m going to ignore him for now. I will talk to him later.

“Hayden, you look like a prostitute.”

“Oh, thanks mom,” I said sarcastically. “I feel the love.”

Laughter filled up the room and put a light mood on everyone.

"Oh, honey, you know I'm just kidding. You're gorgeous." Mom can be a little weird sometimes. You just never know with her. One second she could be very motherly, the next she could be saying something incredibly weird that you’d get so embarrassed.

We made our ways to our perspective cars and met up at the restaurant. We met up at this French place that I cannot pronounce.

We enter the place all fancy and hungry. My mom goes to the usher and tells him her reservations.

“Good evening. Last name is Smith, table for four.” Okay good. WAIT. For four?! What?!
I rapidly turned to see Mom, Dad, Mrs. Jones, and Mr. Jones walk away with smirks on their faces. Jerks. I coldly glare at them as they giggled away.

“And they’re the adults.” I rolled my eyes and mumbled.

Next thing I hear Daniel say: “Table for two. Last name Jones.” Daniel looks at me reassuringly and points to our parents. “Don’t worry, they’re the ones paying.” I stare awkwardly at him and turn away while he talks to the usher.

I text Kayla about the news.

To: Kayke<3
From:BaBHayden
Hey Kayla. Remember that dinner I told you about. Well my GREAT parents got their own table with Daniel’s parents so now I have to eat with Daniel alone. Didn’t think it was going to end up like this! :(

To: BabHayden
From: Kayke<3
Girrrrl. You got this! Just talk to him, alright? Tell me everything that will happen okay?! Now go have your alone time! ;) Have fun!

To: BabHayden
From: Kayke<3
NOT TOO MUCH FUN!

I rolled my eyes at her, chuckling. Geez, seriously Kayla. I guess I won’t get to talk to her until later then.

“Hayden, let’s go to our table.” Daniel motioned me with a careful tone in his voice. I walked behind Daniel and the server. I never really looked at Daniel tonight until right now. He was wearing a gorgeous looking tuxedo.

We sat ourselves down and I noticed we were far away from our parents too. I guess this is a good thing that we get to be alone and have our conversation privately. I was in trance as I stared into Daniel’s eyes. Daniel smiled and gave me a wink. I blushed and looked away, cursing myself for staring like that.

“Hayden, you are gorgeous.”

“Thanks…” I mumbled. I didn’t really think this through. How am I supposed to start this off?! Okay, Hayden, relax. You need your answers.

“Daniel.” I needed to know.

“Look, Hayden I-“

“Why now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS! It's been forever!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. Thank you to those who stuck around and is still subscribed. :')
I promise to be more active.
Please feel free to comment, subscribe, and tell me how I should be motivated!