It Was Always You

Chapter 04

Things had become routinely boring in his life since he came home to Los Angeles four months ago. He wanted nothing more than to call the one person that never left his mind, but four months was a long time to wait to call her. She'd be pissed. Not that he blamed her, she had every right to be. He had sex in a pool and then two days of sex with her in her hotel and when she went home to her job with the promise that he would call her when he returned to Los Angeles, but he never did. He broke his promise and he did feel horrible about that. When he left and came home he had every intention of asking Kourtney to go with him to the ESPY's, but somehow Bianca had talked him into going. And she started trying to talk him into more and more stuff, but that was when his teammates stepped in and convinced him that since she signed the divorce papers, he didn't owe her anything because of the prenup that she signed.

Standing in front of the mirror in his bedroom, in his house that his ex-wife finally moved out of, Landon looked at himself. He was attending a pre-season hockey game with some of his teammates from the LA Galaxy. Showing support for another LA team was just something that they liked to do. When he found out that they would be going to Staples Center the only thing he could think of was Kourtney. Would he run into her there? Would she be working? Would she even talk to him? There were so many things he wanted to say to her and so many things he wanted to show her, but it wouldn't matter if he didn't get the chance to see her and talk to her.

Buttoning his shirt, he walked over to the bed and grabbed his jeans and pulled them on. Getting his shoes on, he grabbed his wallet and sunglasses before walking downstairs and grabbing his keys out of the bowl by the door. This wasn't something he could get out of or something he wanted out of. He just wanted some time alone with Kourtney, to remind her that he was there for her. Traffic was bad, but he expected that. Spending too much time thinking about Kourtney made him late for meeting up with his teammate, David Beckham. Parking in the structure, Landon got out and went inside through the private entrance at Staples Center. As he made his way to his seat where he knew David would be sitting along with Todd Dunivant and Eddie Lewis, he stopped in his tracks. Looking over where he thought he heard the laugh he knew so well, but it wasn't her. With a heavy sigh, he continued on his way to his seat.

Watching the home team warm up, Landon's eyes strayed to the girl on the ice being led by the hand with her other carrying a camera. It seemed like she was struggling with the guy who was just laughing as if there was nothing wrong at all. Once the words of shock from being picked up from behind and carried away, Landon knew it was Kourtney.

“Is that her?”

Hearing his teammate's voice, Landon turned his attention to them. “Is that who?”

“The girl you can't seem to get out of your head when you aren't on the field,” Eddie laughed as they took their seats. “It hasn't affected your game, but I’m pretty sure that the girl isn't Bianca.”

“Bianca and I are done,” Landon said. “That girl with the camera, I grew up near her. Her name is Kourtney. She was the first girl I ever loved.”

“She's your sisters friend, right?” Todd asked looking at the woman Landon kept staring at from his seat next David Beckham.

“Tristan and Kourtney were the best of friends. Kourtney always seemed to be over at our house for some reason.”

“Looks like the hockey guys are having some fun with her.”

Landon's eyes watched as number eleven picked her up bridal style while she laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck as he skated off the ice with her. Before they were completely off the ice Kourtney took off the helmet of the man that was carrying her and placed it on the top of her own head earning a laugh from the members of the hockey team that were on the ice and watching what was taking place in front of them. Even after they had left the ice and were no longer in eye sight, Landon's eyes strayed to where he last saw her.

Feeling the nudge from his side, he looked and saw David Beckham nodding his head over to where the reporter was now talking to Kourtney. She must have gotten there when he wasn't paying attention. Looking at her as she was talking to the interviewer, he just looked at her. Kourtney looked just as amazing as the day she left to come back to Los Angeles. Taking in her outfit, he bit back a laugh at the fact that she was wearing a pair of a men's flip flops.

Making her way over to Kourtney after the reporter finished talking to her, Landon felt extremely nervous and he wasn't sure why. It might have been because of the time that passed and he still hadn't contacted her or it was that while looking at her he couldn't help but want to find a quiet corner and rediscover their chemistry all over again.

“Kourtney?”

Closing her eyes for a moment before looking into the eyes that she thought she could trust, but instead led her to do something she never thought she would become. She had become the other woman because Landon was still married to Bianca and ever since she left that hotel, there was no calls or texts from him. At first it hurt, but after two months then she knew she had to get over it, especially with the new development in her life. Turning around, she looked into the eyes that she refused to admit to anyone that she missed. “Landon.”

“I'm surprised to see you here.”

“I work with Staples Center, but mainly the Kings. I'm pretty sure that your sister told you.”

“But I didn't think you'd be working tonight.”

“Well the Kings are playing a home game,” Kourtney said as she watched Kyle Clifford out of the corner of her eye. “Chances are that I'm here, taking pictures of them.”

“I've miss-”

The loud banging of the glass made Kourtney jump in surprise and she was a bit surprised to see the guys taking out a panel of the glass. Moving away from Landon, she made her way over to the workers to see what was going on. “Something wrong with the glass?”

“Hey Kourtney,” the blonde man said. “Clifford and some of the guys said that the glass seemed loose and wanted it replaced before the game started.”

“Does it really need to be replaced?” Kourtney asked, looking at the glass that seemed to look just fine to her.

“Doesn't seem like it, but it's always better to be safe.”

“Kourtney, can I get you to be a life saver?” Dustin asked skating up to where the glass was still missing.

“Brownie...”

“Nicole is dealing with two crying boys in the locker room. Can you help her out?”

“Yeah, it might take some time to get there,” Kourtney sighed. “I'll make my way there in a minute.”

“Come here,” Dustin said. “I'll take you to the ice entrance.”

“Dustin, can you give me a minute?”

Nodding his head he skated towards some of his teammate's. Turning her head, Kourtney looked at Landon and bit down gently on her bottom lip before walking over to where she had left Landon standing. “I've gotta go do something, but I think we need to talk about what happened back home.”

Leaning down towards her face so he could place a soft kiss on her mouth, but Kourtney moved her head so that Landon caught her cheek. Looking into his eyes, she saw the hurt in his eyes and she knew that was because of her, but it was only a small dose of what he made her feel. “Please don't, I'm working and I would like to keep my job.”

Making way to where Dustin and Anze Kopitar were standing and waiting for her to come over. She could feel Landon's eyes on her as she wrapped her arms around the one that had carried her off the ice earlier. That was the last time Landon saw her since soon after Kourtney left with the hockey players. But during the intermission one of the ushers came and gave him a note from Kourtney. After getting the note, Landon found himself smiling.

Ditch your friends after the game. I'll give you a ride home. I think we need to talk about what happened.

After the game Landon found himself smiling with no way to stop. It wasn't as if he knew what Kourtney wanted to talk to him about, but it didn't matter because he was going to be seeing her and he could tell her that the divorce between himself and Bianca was final and she was out of his house and more importantly, his life. After splitting from his friends, Landon waited exactly where the usher told him to after getting the note. He waited and waited and waited for her. He wasn't sure if something happened or if it always took this long for her to finish with work, but to him it took a long time.

Seeing Kourtney in her black skirt, sand colored double breasted jacket and white four inch peep toe heels. With her white bag over her shoulder, she gave him a small smile as she walked over to him. “Kourtney!”

Turning around, she smiled at the woman standing in front of her. Handing her the envelope, Kourtney smiled as she looked at it. Thanking the woman, she put the folder in her bag before she headed towards where Landon was standing and waiting for her. “Are you ready?”

“When you are.”

Nodding her head, she started heading towards the parking garage where the players normally parked. Once inside the car, Kourtney handed him the GPS that was plugged into the car. “Can you input the address?”

Doing as she had asked, Landon handed the GPS back to her and Kourtney placed it into her lap before taking the ring off her pinky finger and putting it into one of the cup holders. Backing out of her space, she headed out of Staples Center and to the address Landon had put into the GPS. The drive was completely silent besides the voice of the GPS and that was okay by them. Both of them had thoughts running through their heads and the nerves that were in Kourtney's stomach just needed time to settle down a bit before she told him the biggest secret that she had ever kept from anyone.

Pulling up into the driveway, she parked behind the black SUV that was there. Landon took off his seatbelt, but noticed that Kourtney hadn't turned off the engine or taken off her seatbelt. “Are you coming in?”

“I think this isn't such a good idea.”

“C'mon Kourt,” Landon said putting his hand on her thigh which made her look at his face. “You said it yourself that we needed to talk. And you're right we do need to talk.”

Nodding her head, she cut the engine and unbuckled her seatbelt before opening the car door and the two of them got out of the car. Grabbing her purse, she put it over her shoulder and then closed the door and waited for Landon to do the same before setting the alarm and walking up to the door as Landon unlocked it.

Once they were inside, Kourtney placed her purse on the table near the door and followed Landon to the living room as she unbuttoned her coat. After taking her coat off, she tossed it onto the back of the couch before looking into the eyes of Landon. Watching him lean in close to her, Kourtney closed her eyes as she felt his lips on hers. At first she didn't respond, but after a few moments, she was kissing him with a longing she hadn't realized she had.

Landon's hands wandered under her shirt and moved up to cup her breasts on the outside of her bra. Breaking the kiss, Kourtney was left breathless as his lips went to her neck. “We shouldn't do this...we need to talk.” Grabbing onto Landon's shirt as he took her earlobe between his teeth.

“We can talk later,” Landon told her. “Please tell me that you want this as much as I do.”

Leaning up, she placed a small kiss on his lips before stepping away from him. Reaching under her skirt, slowly she took off the blue lace panties. Walking back up to him, she kissed him. Landon smiled into the kiss as he felt Kourtney's hand slip into pants. “I knew you were ready, but not that ready.”

Using his hands, Landon unbuckled his pants and dropped them along with his boxers. With a grin on her face, Kourtney backed him into the large recliner chair before crawling on top of him after peeling her heels off. Landon's hands went under her skirt and his hand rubbed, attempting to get her as worked up as much as he already was. Thrusting one of his fingers into her, Kourtney gasped in shock. Leaning down Kourtney captured his lips into a searing kiss.

Moving his hands to her shirt, he lifted it up above her breasts, but not over her head. The feeling of his hands on her breasts made her close her eyes. The way his hands massaged her breasts on the outside of her bra made her lean in closer to him. Landon pulled down the bra so that her breasts were no longer hidden from him and at the same time, Kourtney pulled her shirt over her head and dropped it behind the chair. Gasping in surprise when Landon sucked her breast into his mouth, Kourtney started rocking her hips and she grinned as she felt an immediate response from Landon.

“I don't think I can wait any longer.” Landon said as he blew air on the breast that had just been lavished by his tongue and mouth.

Leaning up on her knees she took him into her hand and guided him right to her entrance. Rubbing the head of his penis at her entrance, he leaned forward and unhooked the bra and tossed the material onto the floor. Hesitating for a second, Kourtney let go of him and reached for Landon's shirt and pulled it off his body and tossed it across the room before kissing him once again. His hands went to her breasts as she teased his cock before ever so slowly sliding down his length, inch by inch.

As soon as he filled her all the way, she moaned louder than she thought she could. Moving at a slow and teasing pace, Landon's eyes never left her body. He watched the bounce in her breasts and the sway of her hips. Soon enough, Kourtney picked up the pace enough to make Landon moan out her name as his fingers dug into her hips.

As soon as they finished, Kourtney moved to get off Landon and he let her go until he stood up. Picking her up bridal style, he carried her up the stairs and into his bedroom. Once they were both laying in the bed, Kourtney knew that she really needed to tell him. “I should have said no to you.”

“To the sex? When?” Landon laughed as placed a kiss on the top of her breast. “Tonight or back home at the hotel?”

“That weekend shouldn't have happened.”

“I thought you enjoyed it as much as I did.” Landon said.

“I did, but something happened since then and I hate myself for it.”

“Kourtney,” Landon started. “Bianca and I are divorced. We have been for a month and a half. She's out of my life forever now.”

“Landon...” Kourtney said as she sat up and looked at him. “I'm four months pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated this in forever!! I hope you enjoy it!!! Let me know what you think!!