My Beautiful Mistake

I

Kibum and I had been dating illegally for six months. I lived in America, him in Korea. I had just turned 17 at the time him and I began dating, making him 19. Therefore, in America it was illegal for him and I to date. Now I know why.

It was the night of my senior prom---just a couple of hours before us dating became legal. I had requested the DJ play "Man Man Ha Ni". And to my surprise he actually did. Kibum and I then began kissing and that led to us ’exchanging body heat’ in the backseat.

And that day led to this one. Me pacing back and forth in my bathroom, waiting for the pregnancy test results to show up. Kibum was waiting just outside the bathroom door. I deeply hoped no one was home, because if they found a really hot Asian guy sitting on my bed…they’d jump to conclusions. Heh. “Dots, is everything okay?” Kibum asked He only uses my nickname in severe stress cases. This being one of them.

I could only guess if he wanted a child. We never really talked about kids. Then my daydreams ended---the pregnancy test results showed up. I grabbed the test and slid my back down against the wall. I began crying. I threw the test against the bathroom door. At that moment Kibum walked into the door and squatted down beside me. “Pregnant?” He asked. I glared up at him. “Yes.” He answered himself.

He stood me up and kissed me on the nose and hugged me tightly and said, “I hope you find the right dad for your baby, Dots.” Then he walked out of the bathroom and right out of my house.

My twin sister ran up the stairs. “Mary?” Who was that?” My twin sister, Carrie, asked.

“My ex-boyfriend, I think.” I cried.

“Mare, are you…pregnant…?” Carrie, looking around the room, said. I pointed toward the test still lying on the ground. Carrie gasped. “How old was he?”

“19.” I answered. I stood up and walked downstairs an grabbed the Yellow Pages. Carrie followed me and snatched the Yellow Pages away from me.

“What are you doing?” Carrie asked.

“Calling an abortion clinic. I can’t have a baby.” I said and snatched the Yellow Pages back from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I really HATE abortion so, it like killed me to right that in my own story but it had to be done. ><