My Beautiful Mistake

II

“Carrie, I need some money…” I said. I had just hung up the phone with the abortion clinic. I came to realize I didn’t have money for an abortion.

“Sorry, Mary, I won’t give you the money for an abortion. Abortion is murder.” Carrie said. Ever since Mom and Dad died, she has been taking care of me. Being a mother practically.

“Carrie, this isn’t concert tickets we’re talking about. This is my future.” I argued. She was the boss. If I got an abortion, she’d throw me out. Simple as that.

“You should have thought of that before this man took advantage of you.” Carrie said snootily walked out of the office room.

“So, what am I suppose to do.” I asked stupidly.

“Well, Mary, you’re going to give that child life. You understand? This’ll be your responsibility.” Carrie defined.

“I’m going to college next fall.” I challenged.

“You may just have to push that back a year. This’ll be a little more important.” Carrie walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead. “Power to you.”

I walked out of the house. I couldn’t believe Carrie. I couldn’t believe Carrie. Or Kibum. He was a Christian, as was I, but still. This is just one HUGE mistake. I had a baby inside me. A baby. A real human being. And it was Kibum’s baby.

“Miss, can I help you?” Someone asked. I was to busy talking to myself I stumbled into a corner market.

“Yeah, did you see a boy with black and purple hair walk around here?” I asked.

“Mhmm, he ran past the store and down that road.” The store clerk said. He smiled and I ran out of the store. I reminded myself of Minho chasing after that girl in SHINee’s video: ’Amigo’. He laughed and kept running.

I spotted Kibum and ran up to him. He was about to turn a road that would lead him in circles for hours. “Kibum…” I panted after I had caught up with him.

“I knew you would look for me.” He sighed.

“So this is the end, then isn’t it?” I asked.

He nodded and hugged me and gave me the ring he always wore on his pinkie. “I love you, Dots. Remember me as a UKISS member. Not a father.” He continued walking down the road that will take him straight into town. Where I would never see him again. He could go anywhere now.

I began walking back to my house when lightning crashed and thunder boomed and it started to rain. I just continued walking slowly back to my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
There. Now I don't write about abortion.