My Beautiful Mistake

IV

2 Months Later<>

Minho has been in America for two months staying at my house. I mean, it’s no problem or anything, but people from SHINee have been calling and wondering when Minho’s going back to Korea. He keeps telling them that it’s almost time for my due date…blah blah blah…yeah you get the point.

“No contractions yet?” Carrie asked me one morning.

I rolled my eyes at her. “No. It’s only December 17th. The doctors said December 21st.” I reminded Carrie for the hundredth time.

“I know I’m just anxious. That’s all.” Carrie sighed and sat down at the kitchen table. Minho went with Hyung Jun to his work today. I really don’t know why so don’t ask me.

“Did you ever find out if it was a girl or boy?” Carrie asked.

“No, with the help of Minho, we decided that we wanted it to be a surprise.” I said reaching for the jar of pickles and peanut butter.

“You know, Minho would be a great father figure.” Carrie said smiling.

“Did he pay you to say that?” I asked. “Well, we have been there for each other for a very long time…and I really do like him. And Choi Mary is a great name….” I pondered. “Eh, ow.” I said.

“What’s wrong?” Carrie asked.

“I must’ve pulled a muscle or something.” I lied. I knew exactly what is was. A contraction.

“You’re a bad liar. Get in the car. We’re having a damn baby!” Carrie cried.

I walked out to the car with Carried behind me. “Um, Carrie, my water just broke…”

“We are not having a home delivery. You can hold on.” Carrie said. She drove me to the hospital as quickly as she could then she called Hyung Jun and Minho. They were at the hospital in twenty minutes. It take fourty minutes to get to their work legally.

“Hey, Hyung Jun, Carrie can you give Minho and I a minute?” I asked. I had been in labor for 15 hours and still was not ready to give birth. They left the room and Minho stood up from chair.

“Listen---” We both began. “You first.” We both said again. We laughed and Minho began talking first.

“We have known each other since day one. And-and we have been through a lot…”

“I love you.” I finished. He smiled and nodded.

“Exactly.” Minho laughed. He kissed me and I kissed him back.

“Finally!” Someone yelled. It wasn’t Carrie or Hyung Jun. It was---Kibum!

“What are you doing here.” I demanded.

“You weren’t invited.” Minho challenged stepping closer to him. Kibum showed no signs of panic.

“I know I wasn’t invited. But my brother let me in. Listen, Mary, I did this on purpose. I didn’t mean to get you pregnant by no means, but I wanted you to find the one person perfect for you that was there you’re entire life.”

“Kibum…” I said. I was about to thank him when I had another contraction. “Oh my God!” I screamed. Kibum and Minho both grabbed my hands. “Get. The. Doctor.” I said in a demonic voice.

Minho ran out of the room. “Mary, I still love you. I always have. I always will. But, Minho is better for you.” Kibum smiled and squeezed my hand.

“I know that, Kibum. I still love you. But Minho is going to my husband.” I said truthfully. Minho and I were going to get married. My contraction had passed. And I finally fell asleep.

I woke up and saw Carrie and Hyung Jun back in the hospital room. “How long have I been in labor?” I said groggily.

“48 hours, Mary. Doctor said any minute.” Carrie said while she ate a cookie.

“Where’s Minho?” I asked.

“He went back to our house.” Hyung Jun said.

“It’s his birthday. December 9th. Where’s Kibum…?” I asked.

“He went back to Korea. But he left you this.” Carrie said and handed me a small piece of notebook paper.

Dear Mary,
I want to have my best wishes for your wedding.
I love you so much, but like I said Minho is better
for you. Don’t expect to see me again. I have left
and gone out of your life forever. I hope you and
Minho have a wonderful child together.
Love You Always,
Kim Kibum

I smiled and put the notebook paper beside me. “Ow, ow, ow.” I said. The doctor came in and started prepping me about me giving birth. I was going to give birth on Minho’s birthday. When the time came for me to give birth, I don’t really remember anything. I just remembered screaming and screaming. Then Minho walking in the room in the middle of me pushing. Then he collapsed. Wow.

Then I was able to hold my child. It was a beautiful baby boy. “Choi Kibum.” I said breathlessly. Hyung Jun was the only person who heard me. Carrie was helping Minho up.

“Name?” The doctor asked.

“Last name: C-H-O-I. First name: K-I-B-U-M.” I specified. The doctor shook his head. “Mess with me?” I asked the doctor. Carrie covered my mouth. Later that day, we left the hospital and I had something planned for Minho’s birthday.

“Minho…” I said quietly. “Come on.” I picked the sleeping baby up from his crib and put him in the baby-seat. Minho sat next to him. I laughed quietly to myself.

“Shouldn’t we tell Carrie we’re leaving?”

“No. She’ll met us there.” I smiled and Minho raised his eyebrows.

“Where are we going?” Minho asked for the hundredth time.

“Somewhere.” I kept saying. I looked at the clock. 11:45 p.m. “Shit.” I muttered. “Gotta drive faster.”

“Can you tell me where we going?”

“No. Play with Kibum or something.” I said to keep him occupied. Finally, we pulled into the church parking lot.

I grabbed the baby and Minho ran after me. “Wait!” He called.

I ran into the church hall and start to the front. I carefully handed Carrie Kibum and Minho ran in. “Skip the vows. Wed us now.” I said.

“Choi Minho, do you take this girl to be your bride?” The priest asked. Minho was taken by surprise.

“Yes, I do.” He said.

“Mary, do take this man to be your husband?” The priest asked.

“I do.” I smiled. “Happy birthday.” I mouthed. He smiled. And before the priest had that Minho could kiss me, Minho was already kissing me.

“So, for your birthday, you got a baby and a wife.” Carried whispered to Minho. “But that was from Mary. Now it’s my turn to give you a gift.” Carrie reached into her purse, while I had gone to change Kibum’s diaper, and pulled out two long rectangle pieces of paper.

“What are these?” Minho asked kind of laughing.

“Airplane tickets. Mary wants you to continue your career. And she’ll go with you, this time.” Carrie said. They laughed. And hugged.

Within months, me, Minho, and Kibum were completely moved to South Korea. There, Kibum began taking singing lessons along with dancing lessons and was in one of the best private school in the country. Minho and SHINee were becoming more popular with every passing day. And me, well I am still in touch with Kim Kibum and am loving my beautiful mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, that makes no sense! Yay, I'm stupid :\