My Beautiful Mistake

III

6 Months Later<>

“Carrie, feel.” I said. Carrie was sitting in the living room with her husband. She walked over to feel the baby.

“Oh my gosh, it kicked!” Carrie said. I smiled at Kim Hyung Jun. Kibum’s older brother. Every time I saw Hyung Jun I thought of Kibum who has been missing for six months.

“Hyung Jun, feel?” I asked nicely.

He shook his head. Carrie kissed him and sat back down next to him. “We’ll find him, I promise.” Carrie promised.

“I can’t believe he got her pregnant then just left her. It’s not like him.” Hyung Jun said to himself. He has been saying that for six months ever since he found out his brother got me pregnant.

“Baby, just let it go.” Carrie said snuggling closer to Hyung Jun.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. I got out a jar of marshmallow cream and box of Ramen noodles and began mixing the cream with the chicken flavored noodles. “You’re not going to eat that are you?” Someone said from the recess of the kitchen.

“Minho!” I screamed. I ran up to him and half-way hugged him because my stomach was too much in the way. Minho was in another Korean band named SHINee. He was my best friend. “Oh my gosh!” I screamed. I hadn’t seen Minho in like 3 years.

“I heard about…uh, that.” He said pointing toward the baby.

“Oh shut up. Kibum---”

“Kibum?! In Korea, everyone thinks Kiseop got you pregnant! Since when did Kibum get you pregnant?!” Minho yelled.

I laughed. “Um…bonamana, six months ago.” I smiled because I used an actual Korean word that meant obviously. “But yeah, now he’s been missing for like six months too, so we flew to Korea---”

“And didn’t see me?!” Minho interrupted. “I’m sad now.” He smiled.

“And meant his brother, Hyung Jun, and there Carrie fell in love with him…blah blah blah, anyway now there married.

“Well the Korean media is half-way right. They got the Carrie and Hyung Jun part right and that you were dating one of the UKISS members. Everything else they got wrong.” Minho said more clearly. I nodded.

“Nevertheless, I am so glad you’re here.” I said hugging him again.

“Carrie called me. Told me, ‘you showed signs of depression and that I need to get out here right away before she kills herself’.” Minho laughed.

I smiled sheepishly and called out to thank Carrie. “Thank you! I think I want to go kill myself now!”

“Sorry, Mary!” Carrie called back. I laughed and looked at Minho.

“Come on, let’s go to my room.” I said and grabbed his hand. I led him up the stairs and to my room.

“Hasn’t changed a bit, Mary.” Minho said. He laughed and laid down on my bed. “Oh my gosh! You still have this?!” He shouted. He picked up an old picture album and began flipping through it. “Oh my goodness, look I always was taller than you.” Minho smiled and I looked at the picture of the day we were born.

The hospital was over-crowded and patients giving birth had to start sharing the rooms. Well, Minho’s mom and my mom were in the same room so we instantly became friends. When my parent’s died, Minho’s parent’s took Carrie and I to Korea where we became their adopted daughters. Now, we are older and Minho has his career and Carrie and I went our separate ways….yeah, you get the idea.

“Apparently so.” I laughed and leaned my head on Minho’s shoulder to look at the pictures. “Whoa! Here’s the day Carrie and I turned 8.” Minho looked at me expressionless. I looked at him expressionless. Then he kissed me and I didn’t stop him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh, if you're getting confused on the people in this story, I'll have pictures of the Korean people up under characters later. Just be patient. :)