Status: Complete.

You Made Me the Happiest of All

Chapter 34

"Danielle Leila Rose Lockhart," he began, "I love you with all of my heart. I will love you until my heart stops beating. I want to spend the rest of my days with you in my arms. I don't want to lose you, ever. I would die any second for you. I want you, forever. I am asking you now, Danielle Lockhart. Will you marry me?"
He opened the box to reveal a gold ring with red rubies all around it.
I cried, "Oh my god! Yes! Yes, I will!"
He slid the ring on my finger and pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss. Our lips separated and our foreheads were touching.
"I love you," I sobbed.
"I love you, too," he replied, a smile forming on his angelic face.
I sat back in my chair, as did he.
He took out his cell phone. "I have to call my mom and dad."
I sighed and smiled, "Too bad I don't have a parent to call..."
"Oh," he started, "your mom called me a couple of times saying she regretted doing what she did to you. Not caring about what Corey did, not being there for you and stuff like that. Call her, Dani."
I took out my cell and dialed her number. It rang a couple of times.
"Hello?" my mom answered.
"Mom? It's me, Dani," I replied.
She screamed, "Oh my god, Dani! I've missed you! I'm so sorry for what I've done. Please forgive me!"
I was in tears, "It's okay, mom. I love you."
"Sweety, what's wrong?"
"I, I'm getting married...to Craig."
"I'm so happy!!! He's a sweetheart!"
"Yeah...I know."
"Tell me when the wedding is! Bye, Dani! I love you!"
"Bye, mom!"
We both hung up and I smiled at Craig. My mom had really changed.
"Happy?" he asked.
"Y-yes. I love you," I responded.
He kissed my hand. "I love you too, Mrs. Mabbitt."
I grinned. Our food was set in front of us and we ate. Craig was poking at the food before him.
"What is it hun?" I inquired.
"What thehell is this?!?" he asked.
I giggled, "I think it's some sort of fish..."
"Wow...looks like...something else."
"Gross! Nice one."
"Thanks."
I ate my food and Craig ate his fish-looking thing. Afterwards, we went back home and of course showed off my ring. I was going to be Danielle Leila Rose Mabbitt...amazing.
February 23, 2008 (Wedding day)
I looked at myself in the mirror. I had on a long, flowing white gown and had a veil over my face. My make-up was mainly made up of reds and purples. My bouquet was on the vanity table. I was going to be a married woman today. Mrs. Danielle Mabbitt. I heard a knock on the door.
"Who is it?" I questioned.
"Zacky Vengeance, M. Shadows, Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates and The Rev," I could tell Jimmy said.
I opened the door and showered them with hugs.
"I'm so happy you guys came!" I exclaimed.
Johnny replied, "It's cool! We wouldn't miss this!"
I smiled, "Thanks, guys. This is the happiest day of my life."
They all smiled in return.
Brian asked, "Can I talk to Dani alone?"
They nodded and walked out giving Brian questioning looks, especially Zack.
"Look," he began, "I hope you're making the right decision."
"Of course I am Brian," I assured, "I've never been more sure of anything else in my life."
"I love you..." he said.
"Brian, I know you do. My heart belongs to Craig. You saved my life, I will always owe you my life for that," I stated.
He sighed, "Please, tell me the time we spent together meant something!"
"It did! I love Craig, though. I know it's not working out how you wanted it. This is how I want it to end up. Bye."
He left and then my step-father, Josh, came in. My mom married him in 2006. I was just getting an okay relationship with him.
"Dani, you ready?" he inquired.
I nodded and he led me to the doors to enter the chapel. The doors were opened and he slowly led me down the aisle. Craig was there with his father in a tuxedo. I saw my bridesmaids, Haylee, Bella, Rose and Court. We reached the front of the chapel. My mom was sitting next to Craig's mom with Leila and Isabella. I saw Zack, Brian, Matt, Jimmy and Johnny sitting together. I saw Eric, Jared, Matt and Mike. I also saw Aaron, Ronnie, Max, Robert and Bryan. The whole ceremony seemed to last forever.
"Danielle Leila Rose Lockhart, do you take this man, Craig Edward Mabbitt, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, 'till death do you part?" the preacher asked.
"I do," I looked Craig straight in the eyes as I said this.
"I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride," the preacher ended.
Craig and I passionately kissed while people cried and clapped. Once we broke from our kiss, I leaned my head toward his ear.
"F- forever?" I questioned in tears.
"Yes," Craig assured, "Forever."

Forever