Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 10

We arrived at Eric's place, where we were supposed to have our celebration. No celebrating was happening tonight... We told them what had happened and they were all scared out of their minds. Numerous phone calls were made, not once did she answer...
(END OF FLASHBACK)
Our show ended before I even realized we went through our first song.
“Um, thanks for coming out tonight! We had a kickass time, hope you guys did, too! Peace!” I yelled, then put the mic down.
Matt came up to me right as we walked off the stage. “Dude, can I talk to you?”
“Sure...”
We moved to a quiet location and Matt started, “What's up with you and Dani?”
My face grew expressionless. The guys are noticing... I know what they did last time. They stopped at practically nothing for us to get back together, or well, for me to go back to her. It was pretty damn annoying. I tried to figure out something to say to clear this up. I could just say, 'Oh, nothing at all, Matt.' or I could, 'It's none of your business.' Why is this so difficult?
“We're fine. If it anything happens, I'm sorry, but it's none of your concern.”
I walked off, biting my lip, not daring to look back at Matt. I knew how big of a lie that was. Something is wrong. Seriously wrong.
(Tour Day 7, show 6) (Dani's POV)
"Why the hell is it so hot out here?!?" Matt shouted.
I laughed, "It's called South Texas!!!"
Tonight was Corpus Christi's House Of Rock. We were hanging out outside of the venue while the guys put everything up in the bus. Craig was chatting with a couple of female fans. He directed his head towards me as he spoke. They replied, and he called me over.
"Um, Dani, this is Olivia and Infinity they were wondering if I had a girlfriend. I called you over," he explained.
I kissed his lips for the first time in four days. This was probably for show...he didn't normally act like this recently. "I love you."
"Me too."
Wow, he can't even say it anymore?!? God, what happened to us?
Infinity responded, "You two are cute together!!!"
Olivia nodded, "Too perfect."
I smiled falsely. "Thanks."
"Well, we need to get going, it was great talking to you, Craig," Olivia told him.
They hugged him and left.
Craig walked straight to the guys, not speaking a single word to me, while I stood where I was...alone.
(Tour day 13, show 12)
{April 21, 08}
"Where we at?" Craig asked, sitting next to me while I flipped through pages of the magazine I was reading.
I replied, "St. Petersburg, Florida. We already left Lauderdale."
Craig and I have quit calling each other babe, I love you was used sparingly and the closest we got was when we slept. How does this happen? I love him...I know I do. I may sound like a broken record, but I know we can't lose what we had...
"I love you," he finally said it. Took him 15 days...
"I...I...," now I can't say it?!?! "Me too, babe."
I kissed him once. He smiled his always dazzling grin. I hugged him.
(Craig's POV)
I held Dani in a tight embrace, rubbing my hand on her back. She's...amazing. I love her...I thought I did at least. Maybe it's a sign...I need to move on to someone else. Ha! No! That just doesn't make sense...
(Matt's POV)
I entered the living area of our bus and couldn't help but smile when I saw Craig and Dani hugging. What a relief. This tour will go great.
(Tour day 26, show 25) (May 2)
(Mike's POV)
I scanned Dani's sexy body swing to the dance song that was playing on the radio. She was gorgeous. Damn.
"Dani? Having fun there?" I inquired jokingly.
She looked like she was drunk out of her fucking mind. Yet, she was sober. "Why yes, yes I am!"
She giggled and accidentally tripped over her own foot. She landed straight on me, straddling me. Wow...
Mike, you shouldn't be enjoying this...
“Damn, I'm such a klutz! Sorry!”
(Courtney's POV)
I searched through the bus after leaving the venue, where I went to get a drink but got caught up talking to people. I approached the back part to see Dani, my "best friend" Dani, straddling Mike, my "loyal" boyfriend. They exchanged glances, and locked lips.
Aww, hell naw!
I stormed off in tears.
(Dani's POV)
"Whoa! Oh my God! I'm sorry!!! Ahh!" I quickly apologized after kissing Mike.
He's my best friend's boyfriend!
He shrugged, "It's...it's okay, Dani."
I screamed, "No! It's NOT!!!"
He grabbed my shoulders, making me look him straight in the eye. "No one has to know..." He locked me into another kiss.
I pulled away angrily. "Fuck off, Mike!!!"
I am so stupid. How can I screw this up? I barely made it out of the Joe deal, now I get myself into this? Fuck!
(Courtney's POV)
I walked out of the alley after I finished my sobbing. I ran into Craig.
"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized.
He smiled, "It's fine."
An idea ran across my mind. Hmm...
What a lovely, evil thought, Court.
Hmm...I was told not to...but, after seeing what Dani did...
Craig asked me, "So, Court, What're you doing out here alone?"
"Nothing. Come here," I pulled him into the alley.
He seem scared, "Umm...why are we here?"
I grinned, "You'll never guess what Dani did..."