Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 15

(Dani's POV) (A week later; 7/21/08)
I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask for his help. He should hopefully agree...after all, he offered. But after what I said...fuck, I just got up the courage, I shouldn't become all pessimist now.
I walked up to his door, and knocked on it, taking a deep breath. He opened the door, and his eyes widened when he saw me. “Dani?”
I nodded, “Yeah...”
“What are you doing here?” he questioned, looking behind him as if someone else was there.
I sighed, “Are still willing to help me out...even after what I said last time?”
He quickly shook his head, “Sorry, Dani. I...I can't.”
My jaw dropped, “What? Why?”
Then Courtney came up behind him, wrapping her arms around him and kissing his neck, “Mmm, baby, who is it?” Then her eyes met mine, and all she did was smirk evilly. Bitch.
“Courtney...what the fuck are you doing here? What about Mike?” I questioned, getting pissed off.
She replied plainly, “I don't need him anymore. I'm with Joe now.”
“Why the hell would you-” then I remembered what she had done to me. “And why the fuck did you tell Craig what happened between me and Joe?! I thought you promised, I thought you were my fucking friend!”
She started yelling at me, “I thought the same fucking thing about you!”
“What the hell do you mean?” I was completely confused.
She sighed, “I saw you kiss Mike!”
“What? That was all an accident! You couldn't even bother to ask us about it before you went and ruined me and Craig's relationship?” I inquired.
She replied, “Well, I'm sorry, it's just that when I see who I thought was my best friend kissing my boyfriend I kinda freak out.”
I sighed, “Well, fuck you. It's fucking useless. Craig and I are over. I hope you're fucking happy. Bye.” I just turned and walked to the elevator, pressing the button to go up.
“Dani...wait,” Courtney said, walking towards me. I turned to look at her. “I'm...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it...can you forgive me?”
I shook my head, “Fuck you, bitch.” and slapped her across the face. Just in time, the elevator opened for me and the last thing I saw was her standing there in shock. I felt happy with myself for that, but I started feeling even more down. I wasn't going to get any help. I need a fucking drink. Now.
I went straight to my kitchen and grabbed a beer out of the fridge. I opened it and quickly chugged it. I need something to get my mind off of this. I'm not gonna sit around here and pray to God that the mass amounts of alcohol make me forget that I'll lose my house and my life is just gonna go downhill. Fuck...I'm gonna need someone to help me through this. I'm fucking alone. I'm depressed. I've become an alcoholic. Shit.
Might as well do something else to get my mind off this shit...go out and party again. Do whatever the hell I can to make myself feel like nothing happened. I sighed to myself and just put on some short dress and heels, since my make-up and hair was already done, since I was trying to look somewhat presentable so Joe would say yes to help me out. But I guess that was useless.
I got into my car, and drove to a different club than last time. I walked in, danced and drank, only praying that if I got into any trouble, Brian would be there again to save me.
(Mike's POV) (9 days later; 7/30/08)
Jesus...this is fucking killing me. I need to tell him why Courtney told him. I need to tell him why Courtney cheated on me. I need to tell him that it's all my fault. If he finds out...there will probably be so much tension within this band that we will be ruined. The band will just go to shit. I love this band. I don't want that to happen.
Then again, he deserves to know. I'm his friend, I should tell him the truth.
Fuck, this is difficult. I don't know what to fucking do.
We were rehearsing, and we were taking a short break. This could be the right time to tell him. I took a deep breath and walked up to him, “Hey, Craig. We need to talk.”
He nodded, “Okay, man.” and we walked to an area where no one else was.
I sighed, “Do you know why Courtney told you about what Dani did? Do you know why she cheated on me?”
He shook his head, “Oh, no. Her telling me what happened has confused me...a lot. And I have no clue on why she would ever cheat on you.”
“It's all my damn fault,” I said, looking down in shame.
Craig laughed a bit, “What? How the hell can it be your fault?”
“I...I kissed Dani...and, and Courtney saw...that's why she told you...,” I confessed, afraid of Craig's reaction.
“You...you what?” he questioned in disbelief. “What the fuck did you do? You mean...you kissed my fucking wife?! That's why Courtney told me what happened with Joe? That's...that's why Dani and I...are...are divorced? I...I don't fucking believe you, Mike! What the hell is wrong with you?!?”
I told him, “Dude...I'm fucking sorry. It was an accident.”
“Bullshit, you're sorry! You kissed the girl I love! How do you accidentally kiss someone? Fuck! And now...how the hell could you do that?” he inquired, starting to get really pissed.
I felt tears come to my eyes. “I know...I'm...I'm so fucking sorry. You have to fucking believe me.”
“How do I fucking know Courtney wasn't exaggerating on everything? Oh God...Dani...then...she wasn't lying. Fuck! See what you've fucking done!?”
“Yes! I know! And I'm sorry! Words can't begin to fucking describe how sorry I am, man!”
He sighed and said, “Fuck you, Mike.” Three people now. I am just becoming hated, aren't I? “Guys, let's get back to practicing.”
The guys followed him and we all walked back to our instruments. Craig gave me one glare before we went into playing “Wait for Tomorrow.” I was so focused on what could happen because of what I told Craig, I missed a note.
Craig cut the music and turned to me. “Dude! You fucked it up! What the hell?”
“Sorry, I know I screwed up,” I replied.
Matt came in, “Craig, you didn't need to cut the music because of one tiny mistake. We all make them.”
“Fuck yes I needed to! This asshole needs to play the shit right!” Craig yelled.
Jared said, trying to make peace, “Craig, chill. It was just an accident, it's okay.”
“No it's fucking not! I can let every little 'accident' pass, okay?” He was clearly talking about the accidental kiss between me and Dani. Of course, only I noticed it.
Eric told everyone, “Guys, let's cut practice for today...clearly we all need to relax.”
Everyone nodded and started packing up their stuff. Craig just angrily walked off, slamming the door to our practice room behind him. I looked at my feet in shame.
“Mike, what's his problem?” Matt asked me.
I simply told him, “It's nothing, Matt. Nothing.”
Fuck, I really screwed up this time.