Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 14

(Dani's POV)
What happened? How did I get back at my condo? Did I drive? Holy shit...
I sat up in my bed, despite the throbbing headache attacking me. I stumbled out of my bed and to the kitchen. I noticed a small piece of paper on the table. I sat down to look at it. It was a note...from Brian.
Dani, I drove you home last night, just in case you were wondering. You passed out after taking that dude's drink. He probably slipped you something. I stayed with you for the rest of the night, just to make sure you were okay. I left at 9 this morning. That should clear things up for you. By the way, please get some help. I'm worried about you.
- Brian
I dropped the note and put my head in my hands. Another regret. Shouldn't have done that last night. Letting myself go clearly isn't the answer...but what else can I do? Who can I turn to? Should I attempt to turn to Joe? Would he actually help me? Fuck...probably not. I'm not gonna bother trying. At least, not yet.
(Craig's POV) (Next month; 7/14/08)
“C'mon, Gab! Let's go!” I rushed her, already standing at my door, while she was still getting out of the car.
She laughed and walked faster, “Okay! Geez! Why are you rushing me?”
I smiled, “You'll find out.” I unlocked my front door and opened to reveal Jared, Matt, Eric, Rosalie, Haylee and Bella, but no Courtney or Mike, screaming, “Welcome home!”
Gab's eyes lit up and she gave me a tight embrace. “Oh! Thank you so much!!! This is great.” She let go and gave all of the guys a hug, clearly overjoyed to see each of them. She was also introduced to the girlfriends. I'm surprised Mike isn't here, because he was really looking forward to this.
A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, and I went to answer it while everyone else mingled amongst themselves. I opened it to reveal Mike, standing there with a depressed look on his face. Of course, that automatically worried me. “Dude...what's wrong?”
He sighed, “Come out here.” I stepped outside, shutting the door behind me and he continued, “Well...Court...Court cheated on me, dude...I can't fucking believe it...” Tears filled his eyes, but he didn't let himself cry.
My eyes widened, “Really? I'm so sorry, man. With who?”
He replied, “With Joe...”
“Look...I'm really sorry, Mike. But Gab's in there, and she's really excited to see you. Let's go inside.”
He followed me inside and walked off to talk to Gab. Damn, this life is always filled with drama.
Hopefully Gab will help kill some of it.
(Mike's POV)
After talking to Gab, I sat down on the couch, wanting be antisocial. I couldn't burn the image of Courtney fucking Joe out of my mind. It hurt so much hearing that she cheated me... And worst part is, I know it's all my fault. It's my fault she did that to me. I know it.
I entered our house, ready to see my lovely girlfriend. I was so excited, I really do hope everything goes to plan. “Courtney, babe, I'm home!”
When receiving no answer, I walked straight to our room...and then I saw it. She was there, in our bed, in our room, in our house, with...Joe. She turned and saw me, with no look of shock on her face. She got off of Joe, who was shocked, and just stood in front of me.
“Court...what are you doing?” I inquired, barely able to speak.
“What the hell does it look like??” she yelled, “Doesn't fucking feel good, does it?!”
“What the hell do you mean?” I questioned.
She laughed, “Oh, please. I know what you did with Dani. Don't fucking act like you don't know!!!”
I sighed, “That was just an accident! You can forgive me, c- wait...you saw?”
“Yes, I fucking saw! Why the hell did you think I went and told Craig about what she did with him?!” she screamed, pointing at Joe.
Joe got up and stated awkwardly, “Well...I'm gonna go now...”
Both Court and I yelled at him, “Stay the fuck in here!”
His eyes widened and he sat back down on the bed, putting his pants on.
“I love you...,” I told her, going to give her a hug, but she pushed me away.
She sighed, “Fuck you, Mike.”
Two girls have told me that now. Fuck. “Courtney...I love you...you still love me, right?”
She sighed, “I thought I did.”
“Courtney...we can still make this work, right?” I asked in desperation.
She replied, “No, Mike. We can't. Never again.”
“Court,” I took her hands in mine, but she quickly pulled away. I bit my lip and continued, “it was an accident...I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen...just please forgive me?”
She laughed, beginning to put her clothes on and leaving the room, Joe following her. “Really? You fucking kiss my once best friend and expect me to forgive you? NO! I can never forgive you for what you did to me! I can't believe you would do that to me!”
“Well I can't fucking believe you would do this to me without getting a full explanation! And do that to your best fucking friend, too.”
She laughed, “That's what you fuckers get!”
All of a sudden, anger and rage washed over me. “Courtney...get the fuck out.”
She stood there, her mouth agape.
I repeated myself, “Get the fuck out...now. Both of you.”
She locked her piercing eyes on me, and spoke, “C'mon, Joe...let's go.” He draped his arm around her and they left the house, leaving me to sulk.
I slammed the door and sat down on the couch, letting the tears silently stream down my face. It was all my fault. It's my fault Courtney cheated on me, it's my fault that she told Craig what happened...and worst of all, it's my fault Dani and Craig, the happiest couple on Earth, divorced.
I pulled out the black box that I had kept in my pocket, holding the glistening ring inside. Guess my plans have gone to shit, huh? I opened it and stared it, remembering how I pictured her face when she would see it. She was going to be so surprised. She was going to immediately say yes and grip me in the tightest hug she's ever given me. She was going to say that she truly loved me and wanted to be with me forever. And now, it's all screwed up.
And it's all my fault.
I snapped back to reality and realized I was staring out the window, completely dazed. I sighed and looked around at everyone. Only Craig stared at me with a worried expression. I couldn't tell him what I'd done. It would ruin everything, more than it already is. It could jeopardize the state of the band. Not letting that happen.
I reached into my pocket, where the ring still was. I looked at it, wishing things could have been different. Wishing things could've gone the way I wanted them to. Wishing things could just change.
But it's too late.
And it's all my fault.