Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 23

(Craig's POV)
“Are you sure that was her, man?” Max inquired.
I replied, my voice growing louder, “Fuck! It was! I know it!” I put my head in my hands. Seeing her out there just made me wanna go into the audience and take her into my arms. She still looked stunning, as she always has. Seeing her just made me miss her even more.
“Uh, Craig?” I heard Gab's voice.
I looked over at her and she had a huge smile on her face. “Dani's out there.”
My jaw dropped, “What?”
“Dani is out there, waiting for you,” she replied, a smile still on her face.
I shook my head, “You have to be kidding me, let me go see for myself.” I walked to the front of the bus and then down the stairs leading to the outside of the bus. I stepped onto the concrete and finally looked at who was out there. My eyes met with hers, and both of our jaws dropped. “D-dani?”
(Dani's POV)
I looked up and saw Craig standing in front of me. It was really him.
I bit my lip, “Craig?”
He smiled that very familiar smile, “Yeah, um, I-”
I cut him off, “Can we go in the bus and talk?”
Shane grinned at me and pat my back, “I'll wait out here.”
He only nodded and led me into the bus, where I saw the chick who asked me for my name, Max, Robert and Monte. I only waved at them and they greeted me with a simple, “Hey, Dani.”
“Can you guys, like, leave for a bit? I need to talk to Dani,” Craig told them.
Max nodded, “Yeah, it's cool. We understand. C'mon, guys.”
Once they all left, Craig and I sat down on the couch together. We sat in silence for a few minutes, until Craig finally spoke up. “So...”
“I'm...I'm sorry, Craig. What happened with Joe...was so wrong. I honestly never meant for any of it to happen. Then, the Mike thing, that was another thing that I didn't mean to happen,” I apologized. “I really fucked up.”
He replied, “No, Dani, I fucked up by not listening to your whole story. I realized how much Courtney really exaggerated everything that happened. I should've known better and believed you over her. I just...I just kinda went with my emotions on how to react to that...I really wish I would've thought it over.”
“And I don't blame you for reacting like that, Craig. I would've done the same thing,” I responded.
We went back to silence for another minute or so, before three words escaped Craig's lips. “I missed you.”
“I fucking missed you, too, Craig,” I said, tears filling my eyes. “It was really bad without you. I started drinking a lot...but, thanks to the Avenged guys, I got over that and recently got back on my feet.”
“I would've been horrible all of the time, too, if it wasn't for Gab. She's helped me a lot. She's given me those little pep talks that lightened my mood when I was seriously down,” he explained.
“Oh, that was Gab?” I questioned, referring to the blonde chick who asked for my name.
He nodded, “Yeah, that's her...”
Once again, there was another silence, but this time, I killed it. “I...I still love you, Craig.”
He looked at me, a huge smile on his face, “I still love you, too, Dani.” He picked me up in his arms and kissed me just like he used to, the same great amount of passion in it. “I never stopped loving you, and I don't think I can stop.”
We pulled apart, and I stated, “I have one question.”
“And what is that?” he asked.
I inquired, a small smirk on my lips, “Am I a better kisser than Max?”
“By far,” he replied, pressing his lips onto mine again.
“Well, fuck you, too!” I heard Max's voice from the steps of the bus.
Craig and I pulled apart and glared at him. We walked to the steps and saw everyone there, obviously listening in on us. They changed into their “act natural” poses when they noticed us.
Shane told us, “We totally weren't listening the entire time.”
“Yeah, psh, we wouldn't do that,” Gab said, slightly laughing.
I rolled my eyes, “Haha, very funny.”
Gab asked, obviously really eager to know, “So, what's the deal with you two?”
I looked up at Craig, my eyebrow raised. “What is the deal?”
“I didn't say I love you for nothing,” he replied, pecking my lips.
I wrapped my arms around his waist, a huge grin on my face. “Great. I love you, Craig.”
“I love you, Dani,” he told me.
Gab smiled and said, “I'm so happy for you two! Craig's missed you so much, Dani.”
“Well, I've missed him just as much,” I replied, looking up at my love.
Craig grinned at me and then stated, “C'mon, let's all go back into the bus.” Shane, Gab, Robert, Max and Monte followed us into the bus and we all took a seat in the bus.
“So, how much longer do you guys have on this tour?” I asked them all.
Robert answered, “About two weeks.”
“Hey, ya wanna come on tour with us? I'd really love it if you did,” Craig made an offer I just couldn't refuse.
I nodded, “Hell yes, I'd love to! Can Shane come along, too?”
“Sure, I don't mind,” he replied, causing Shane's jaw to drop. Shane's reactions are priceless.
I'm back with Craig, touring with him again. I'm happy as hell that I decided to come to the buses.
Life is getting so much better.
(Craig's POV) (One week later)
I lay on my bunk, Dani in my arms. We've been doing this a lot over the past week. Just sitting with each other, in silence, just enjoying the fact that we're together and no longer apart. It's been amazing having her on tour again. I really missed her so fucking much. I'm so happy that she's mine again. I'm gonna make sure nothing like what happened with Joe and Courtney and shit happens ever again.
“Craig,” she spoke up, a small smile on her face.
I grinned, “Yeah, hun?”
“I'm so happy,” she informed me, wrapped her arms around me.
My grip around her became tighter. “Me too, Dani. Leila will be happy to see you, too.”
“I can't wait to see her,” she told me, her smile even bigger. “I've missed my little Leila, too.”
I grinned and kissed her. Our lips moved in sync with each other's. I removed my arms from around her and straddled her, beginning to kiss down her neck. Her hands moved to the bottom of my shirt and she began to lift it over my head. Once she got it off, I pulled off her shirt and from there, I'm positive you can tell where this went.
(Dani's POV)
I wrapped my arms around Craig, my body molding perfectly against his, just like it always has. I kissed his lips once and told him, “That was amazing, baby.”
“I've missed doing that, too,” he replied, a sexy smirk on his face.
I giggled, “I've missed everything about you, Craig.”
“Same here, Dani,” he said, pulling me closer to him.
I can't wait for this tour to be over, so Craig and I can be back together with our lovely Leila. Back where we belong.
Back at our home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wasn't quite feeling this chapter that much, I don't know.
What'd y'all think?
One more chapter left!