Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 22

(Craig's POV) (December 4, 2008) (@ Key Club, LA)
I stood backstage, pacing back and forth nervously. This is the show I've been worried about this whole damn tour. God, what if Dani's here? What will I do? If she's here...I'll really want to talk to her. The only way I'd be able to is if she came back to the buses to meet us...I can't walk out there where all the crazy fans are and have a serious conversation with Dani. That just wouldn't work.
“Craig? How are you feeling?” I heard Gab's voice from behind me.
I stopped and looked at her, “I don't know...nervous...worried...”
“Everything will be fine, Craig,” she assured me. “If she doesn't come backstage, then I can go get her.”
I sighed, “But...but what if we can't find her? What if she just doesn't show up? What if she really wants nothing to do with me?”
“Craig, look,” she started, “I know she'll show up, and chances are that she'll probably want to come talk to you, okay? Please stop worrying.”
I took a deep breath, “Okay. You can go back to the bus and chill. I'm fine.”
She nodded and walked back to the bus. Max, Robert and Monte walked up, Max with his bass, Monte with his guitar and Robert with his drumsticks, all ready to go. They look pumped.
“Hey, man, you ready?” Max asked.
I nodded, “Yeah, I think so.”
“Don't worry, Craig. This show is gonna kick ass,” Robert assured me.
Fuck, I hope so.
“Five minutes, guys!” I heard someone from behind us yell.
Alright...this is it.
(Dani's POV)
I looked around, I guess nervously, since Shane told me, “Sweety, calm down.”
I smiled, “Argh!!! I wish I could!!! Shane, I'm so scared. What if he sees me and...and then...I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.”
“Okay, it'll be fine Dani. Wanna stress relief hug?” he inquired.
I nodded and embraced him in a hug.
I took a deep breath, “Okay, I'm good.”
I was sort of. I was in about fourth row to see both of my exes on stage. Wow...
“Dani!!! The sexiness is about to appear on-stage!!!” Shane exclaimed like a little fan girl, as the lights went out, causing everyone else in the crowd to cheer.
“Calm down, Shane! You're worse than me!!!” I joked.
He jumped up and down squealing like a little girl. “Dani!!! You better join me!!!”
I sighed and started screaming, “Oh my God, oh my God!!!” I jumped up and down with him.
“This is so cool!!!” he screamed.
I nodded, “We're gonna see Escape The fucking Fate!!!”
“I'll put you on my shoulders during 'Situations'!”
“Hell yeah!!! Okay!!! Time to rock out!!!”
They opened up with “The Flood”.
I almost had a heart attack when I saw Craig. He was gorgeous. I never kept up with his looks after he left me. It hurts too much to see what I'm missing...
I rocked out for the next three of their songs:
-There's No Sympathy For The Dead
-You Are So Beautiful
-The Guillotine
Until they came to a song called “Harder Than You Know”. They introduced it as a slow song. They started playing it, and Craig began singing. “You said this would last forever, but now I doubt if I was your only lover,”
I froze. My eyes grew watery. Dammit.
“I wonder if your love's the same. 'Cause I'm not over you. Baby, don't talk to me. I'm trying to let go. Not loving you is harder then you know. 'Cause girl your driving me so crazy.”
The whole song made me cry softly as I stared up at Craig. Shane stayed staring up at the band in general.
Once he sang, “And if you don't want me then, I guess I'll have to go. Not loving you is harder than you know! Yeah!” Shane looked over at me and immediately gripped me in a hug as I sobbed into his chest.
“I'm gonna miss you 'cause i love you baby. Yeah, I'll make the call. I'm leaving today. Leaving always drives me crazy!”
What does that mean? Does he still love me? Oh my God, I hope so. I have to go back stage and talk to him. If I don't, I know I'm gonna regret it...
“I love him, Shane,” I cried.
He replied, “I...I know.”
The song ended, then they played the rest of their set where I eventually got over my sobbing. They played:
-On To The Next One
-Something
-Not Good Enough For Truth In Cliché
-Ashley
“I...I need to go to him...” I told Shane as they walked off stage.
“If they have an encore, after it, we'll go by the buses. I'll work my sexy groupie magic.”
I nodded and laughed, “Thank you. You're the best friend ever.”
He smiled, “I try.”
Escape The Fate soon came back on stage and played “This War Is Ours”. Ending it with...
“SITUATIONS! ARE IRRELAVANT NOW!”
I screamed and sang along.
I timed it right, right before he sings, “I know, you love to resist and all it takes is a kiss, and you just love to hate me.” I was going to get on Shane's shoulders.
Sure enough, I did so. I screamed my head off, and I was rocking out. I was so gonna flash my tits. Well...okay, maybe not... I wasn't getting that crazy to this song.
“I know, you love to resist, and all it takes is a-” WHAT THE FUCK?
Max pulled Craig into a kiss. What...the fucking...Hell.
I stayed on Shane's shoulders. Craig looked at me as he moaned into the microphone, where Ronnie breathed in the original. Max noticed me first, pointing me out to Craig right after the moaning. Craig's eyes grew wide, as did mine. I felt tears come to my eyes and jumped off Shane's shoulders, back to Shane.
“OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT?” Shane screamed.
“...I...I saw...”
Fuck, it was hot...but...WHOA! Was he...no...Craig isn't...but then...what the shit? Jesus christ, I really hope that was just for the show. That was...interesting.
Before I knew it, the song was over and Shane was leading me to the buses. We found what we assumed was Escape The Fate's. The guys were probably already inside of the bus, since it took us a while to find our way out here. Right when we showed up by the bus, a girl with blonde hair was walking out. When she saw me, she raised an eyebrow.
“Um, hey, what's your name?” she asked me.
I replied, “Uh, Dani.”
Her jaw dropped and then she told me, “Oh...okay. I'll be right back.” She walked back into the bus, leaving Shane and I to wait, hoping that the band would walk out.
More importantly, that the man I love would walk out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another thing I've had written forever, haha.