Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 03

(Dani's POV) The Next Day...
Where the hell is he going? I wondered to myself.
Craig was getting ready to go somewhere, but he wasn't telling me where. Why?
“Craig, when will you be back?” I inquired.
He replied, “I don't know. But don't worry, I'll be back. I'll text you, okay?”
I sighed, “Okay, baby. I love you.”
He pecked my lips gently, “I love you, too. See ya.”
He gave Leila one last hug and left. I sat beside Leila on the floor.
“Where do ya think daddy's going, Leila?” I asked her, actually hoping for an answer.
She looked up at me, her arms spread open. I picked her up and kissed her forehead. Seriously, where is he?
(Craig's POV)
I walked into the coffee shop and saw a woman about a few inches shorter than Dani with short black hair sitting at a table. Was it Gab?
“Craig?” the woman inquired, looking at me.
I nodded and sat at the table with her. “Gab?”
“Yeah. Wow, times done you good. Not much can be said for me.”
She did look different. She went from a blonde peppy rocker girl to a black haired quiet woman. Her eyes didn't stand out anymore, her smile didn't make her appear happy, but made her appear sad and dark, her bubbly personality seemed to be gone and she seemed as if she was in depression. Yet, she was still gorgeous.
“Don't say that. You're beautiful,” I complimented.
She sighed, “Okay, whatever you say. What's new?”
“Well, we got our first album out, I'm married, had two kids but, uh...my, my first one, she, she d-died...”
“Aaw, that's terrible. I'm, I'm so sorry.”
“Well, uh, what's new for you?”
She replied, “Nothing. I'm spiraling in depression, have no family to care for me and can't maintain one house for over two month or a relationship for a month.”
Damn, time has fucked with her.
“Damn, that, that sucks. If you need any help, I'm here for you. The guys are, too,” I assured.
She somewhat smiled. “Thanks...well, who's the lucky lady?”
I showed her a picture of Dani that was my wallpaper on my phone. “Her name's Danielle. Dani for short.”
“Damn, she's gorgeous. You landed yourself a beautiful woman, Craig, don't take her for granted,” she told me.
I nodded, “Oh, I'm not.”
Was I somehow lying? The whole only having sex thing. That probably counts right? Dammit! Why am I doing this to Dani?
Gab grinned, “What about your daughters?”
I showed her a picture of Leila and Isabella that was on my phone as well. “The one on the right is Leila Rose and the one on the left is Isabella, the one who passed away...”
“They are two cuties, Craig. Well, do you wanna go hang out somewhere?”
I nodded and we got into our cars. What am I going to tell Dani?
(Dani's POV)
It's been four hours and he still isn't back. What the hell? Why is he gone so long? Why hasn't he texted?
I heard my phone ring from across the hall and I decided to pick it up, without checking the caller ID.
“Hello?” I answered.
A familiar voice replied, “Dani? Hey, it's me, Joe. Um, can I like, come over? It's sort of important.”
“Oh, surely. I live on the fifth floor of the Black Veil Condos,” I told him,
“Okay, that's actually right above me, haha, see you soon.”
“Okay. Bye.”
I sat down at the bar and awaited his arrival. Before I knew it, the doorbell rang.
“Hey, Joe,” I said, opening the door.
He grinned at me with a sexy grin and walked in.
“Nice place,” he complimented.
“Why thank you. Now what was it that was important?”
He pulled out a yearbook from Williamson High School. Wait, how did he get that?
“Woah, how'd you get that?” I exclaimed, taking it in my hands.
I haven't looked at my yearbook since I left my house to live with A7X.
“You're Danielle Lockhart, aren't you,” he stated.
I nodded. “Yeah, why?”
He took the yearbook and sat down on the couch, where I sat beside him. He opened it up to the senior pictures. It was in 2002, and I was only a sophomore.
“Hold on, do you remember that guy who would always play the guitar in the beginning of the day before school started? He also played at a lot of the festivals and school dances?” he asked.
I responded, “Hell yeah! Who didn't know him? I never knew him personally, but I always watched him play in the morning. I didn't even know his name.”
He grinned and flipped open to a page in the yearbook. He pointed to the guitar guy's name. It read: Joe Brown.
I gasped, “No...fucking...way!”
“Yeah!” he replied.
Then he flipped to my picture in the yearbook. I saw my old picture. My hair was longer, black with purple streaks. How could I not remember that? Only two years before I met the love of my life. Craig.
“Um, why are you showing me my picture, Joe?” I inquired.
He smiled, “Danielle, you were the girl I had a major crush on at school. No one knew...”
“Woah...that's...that's insane. Now look at us.”
“Yeah, I knew there was something familiar about you...”
I sighed, “Well, it's too late to do anything about it now.”
“Yeah...I know, Craig...well, he's a lucky man.”
I blushed. He looked at my eyes and flashed a small grin.
“Can I, at least, have one kiss?” he questioned.
I nodded carefully. He placed his fingertips beneath my chin and moved his face towards mine. Our lips met and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Our lips separated and we sat beside each other in silence.
“Well, I should be going,” he stated, stepping up from the couch.
I seized his wrist gently, “Can you, you know, stay? Craig hasn't been home for four hours, I have no idea when he's coming back. Can you keep me company?”
“Of course, Dani.”
He sat down and we started watching TV. I could feel him continually glancing down at me, smiling.
I can't believe this...