Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 02

I opened my eyes to see the one and only Joe Brown of A Static Lullaby kissing me. I pulled away quickly.
"What's wrong?" he breathed in my ear, grabbing my ass as well.
I showed him my wedding ring. His eyes grew wide.
"I'm married...I can't believe I did this! I blacked out...I wasn't even drunk!" I yelled.
He replied, "Calm down, it's fine. Explain it to him, maybe he'll understand, but if he won't...don't tell him..."
"Argh!!! Dammit! You, you are like so fucking gorgeous!!! But, I, I love Craig...I'm, I'm so sorry..."
He smiled and shook my hand, "It's fine, Dani."
I nodded, then realized I was just in my bra. He handed my shirt to me and I put it on, while walking out. Only Court was waiting for me.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!?" she angrily shouted.
I sighed, "I don't even fucking remember what happened!!! I blacked out!!!"
"Let me show you."
She took out her phone.
"You recorded it?"
She stated, "No, Haylee did."
I watched a video of me on-stage, grinding up on Joe. He had his arms around me as he screamed into the mic. He finished the song and we started kissing. We walked off the stage together.
"Where the fuck does that stupid bitch think she's going?!?" I could tell, Haylee, asked.
The video then stopped. What the hell is wrong with me?!? Craig can't know.
Court questioned sternly, "What did you do with him?"
I responded, "All it was was making out...oh my God! I can't believe it!!! I would never do this!!!"
"It's okay, we won't tell anyone. We swore."
I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks."
“No problem,” she assured. “We'll always have your back, hun.”
I looked at the clock. It was 2:50am. Dammit! I rushed home in my car and came inside slowly, careful not to wake a soul. I really hope all I did was make out with him...I did...I-I did. Craig was laying on the couch watching TV.
“Hey, baby,” I stated.
He smiled, “Hey, sweety. What'd ya do at the Ice House?”
“A Static Lullaby performed.”
“Awesome. If I knew that, I would've come!”
I smiled at that comment. Praise the Lord he didn't go. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.
“I'm so happy we're together,” he told me.
I smiled, “So am I, baby. Forever?”
“Forever.”
I got up and said, “I'm gonna take a shower.”
I walked to the bathroom and stripped my clothing. I turned on the shower, stepped in and sat down, my back towards the shower head and letting the water pour over me. I sobbed into my knees. How could I do this? I wasn't drunk! Even if I was, that's no excuse whatsoever! How could I do this to the man I love? He can't know, but I can't deal with trying to hide this...I can't...and won't tell him. I stepped out of the shower, wrapped a towel around me and saw my phone lit up, laying on the sink. I picked it up and read, 'New Text From: Joe'. God. It read:
um, hi? Look, I kno wat happened was bad...y did u do it if u werent drunk? Jst a question...
I sighed and texted back.
I ttly blacked out...i feel terrible...im not gonna tell craig, dnt wrry
He replied.
ok...so Ill tlk 2 u some other time, I guess?
I texted back.
Yah...bye
I sighed and put my phone down again. Fuck! Why did I do this? I felt more tears appear in my eyes. I'm such a whore! I cheated on the only man I truly love...I really am a cold-hearted bitch.
“Honey, you crying?” Craig inquired, coming up behind me.
I looked down, “No...no, I'm fine, baby. Go to bed.”
He kissed my neck, wrapping his arms around me. He slid his hands up to my boobs and gently groped them. I moaned, “Oh, Craig.”
He slid off my towel and glided his hands down south. I turned around and took of his shirt, kissing his stomach as I did so. He took off his pants while I was on my knees and I got the hint. After I finished down there he picked me up and dropped me on the bed. He started with one huge thrust and kept on going on, and on, and on at a rapid pace. I gripped onto his hair as he did so.
“I...love...you,” he moaned deeply in between pants.
I moaned, “Oh, oh, I l-love you!”
We stopped soon and lay side-by-side. Then it occurred to me. All Craig and I ever do is have sex. All the time. I know it sounds awesome, but every time we decide to actually have a serious conversation, he makes a move on me to get me to fuck him. Doesn't that mean something? Is he only in it for the sex? Fuck, I hope I'm hallucinating.
“Wanna go in for round two?” he inquired.
I nodded.
(Craig's POV)
As I started screwing Dani again, I thought, why am I doing this? Nothing but sex. All the time. I know it sounds like the best thing ever, but I always interrupt something for sex. I know I love Dani. At least, I'm pretty sure I still love her. Can I? Can I actually be falling out of love with her? No! Impossible! I tried going without her. It's impossible. Her laugh, her personality, her sparkling eyes and just her in general. What's not not to love? I mean, she's the most trustworthy woman I've ever met. She'd never cheat on me. I can trust her. I stopped having sex with Dani out of nowhere.
“Babe, I'm gonna go get some fresh air, 'kay?” I informed.
She nodded and I changed into some pajama pants. I walked to the balcony and looked over Los Angeles. Beautiful place. I noticed I left my phone out here. I picked it up and had three missed alerts. One missed call from Eric, for some reason he always calls, one new voicemail and a new text from...Gab? Why did she text me? I haven't spoken to her since I got kicked out of that Christian school. The text read:
hey craig...long time huh? How are u and the guys? I miss u all...please, please text me. Btw, I live in LA now...
Man, I remember her. She wasn't one of my close friends, like Dani, but I used to have a massive crush on her. She was beautiful. She was always peppy, hyper and bubbly, even when I first met her. Dani wasn't like that. She was different, which is why I absolutely fell for her. I texted her back.
Hey gab! U still up? It has been a long time. Plus, we never rlly tlked when we were in school
She soon replied.
Hey....i was hopin one of u would text me...the other guys didnt...
aaw, y? U sound sad...is sumthin wrong?
mhm, yeah...ive just been down lately...
oh, r u gonna be fine?
I guess, can we meet up somewhere sometime? Id appreciate it...
ok, sure. How about tomorrow @ the coffee shop by Barnes & Noble?
okay...thanks bye
I put my phone away and a rush of happiness washed over me. This was going to be great.