Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 05

“Go ahead, honey. Tell me,” he urged.
“I...I'm just so happy I'm going to tour with you!” Fuck, I chickened out.
I know this is bad...worse than bad. He won't find out on his own...will he? No...not unless my friends show him the video. Would they? Psht, no. I think.
“I say we go to sleep,” I said.
He nodded and we walked to our bed. We lay snuggled up beside each other.
“I love you, sweet dreams,” he said.
I giggled as he kissed my nose, “Sweet dreams.”
We fell into a deep sleep together. It was much more peaceful without all the sex. I liked it.
I woke the next morning to no one beside me. Then again, I woke up at 1:00 pm, Craig may have had something to do. I looked at the note on Craig's side of the bed. It read:
Sorry, there was an emergency with an old friend. I really had to go. I'll be back as soon as I can, honey. - Craig @ 12:00pm
Okay, he left an hour ago. Maybe it had to do with that girl friend of his. Hmm.
(Craig's POV)
I sat in the waiting room of the hospital with the rest of the guys. They missed her, too.
“Do you think she's okay?” Eric worried.
I sighed, “Hopefully. I don't think it killed her.”
Gab attempted suicide at around 7:00am, and Jared found her passed out in the bathroom, with an empty bottle of pills in her hand. Poor guy.
“Fuck...why would she do this?” Mike asked.
I replied, “I saw her yesterday, she seemed pretty depressed. I never knew it was this bad, though.”
-Craig, u okay?
Dani texted me. I replied.
-Yeah. We r in the waiting room of the hospital...not fun.
-o, well, I love u, hope ur friend is okay.
-me too, love u. bye.
-bye. <3
I put my phone away. Fuck, was she gonna be okay?
Ugh, I don't want to worry about this. She'll be fine. Gab is safe, she's safe.
(Dani's POV)
I heard Leila in her room, so I walked into her room and took her out of her crib. I carried her in my arms.
“Morning, Leila. How's mommy's little girl?” I inquired.
She giggled and clapped her hands. She's such a cutie!
I love her. Can't live without her. Just like I can't live without Craig.
“Wanna go play?” I questioned.
She jumped in my arms happily.
“Okay, momma will get your t-” I was cut off by the doorbell ringing.
She pointed to the door and cooed, “Door.”
I giggled and I walked to the door. I opened it to see Joe. He was smiling.
“Hey, Dani. Hope you don't mind me coming over. Craig said he knew he may be out for a while and he wanted me, since you and me are friends, to help you out with anything,” he said.
“Oh, okay! Thanks, Joe,” I told him.
Okay, Craig's cool with me being friends with Joe, I'm cool with him being friends with that girl.
Trust...it keeps a relationship going. If there is no trust...than it's a really fucked up relationship.
“Well, I was just about to get out Leila's doll house so she could play,” I informed him. “She can play and you and me can just chill.”
“Okay, great,” he responded.
I took out the doll house from Leila's closet and brought it into the living room. She started playing with her dolls after I set it up for her and me and Joe sat on the couch. We sat there, talking about random nonsense for maybe an hour, hour and a half, that is until Leila was ready to take a nap. Then I started to do a crossword puzzle while sitting on the bar, while Joe made his “wicked grilled cheese sandwiches”. Apparently, he's really good at making them. We'll find out.
“Joooeee!!! What's a three letter word for 'having a good time'? For example, having blank...,” I inquired, not able to figure out what was probably the easiest question.
He turned around placing two plates with grilled cheese sandwiches on them beside me.
“Sex?” he suggested.
I smiled, “Oh, real nice, Joe. Real nice.”
“Well, it makes sense!”
“Hmm...oh, shit. It's fun. Blonde moment,” I replied, feeling like an idiot.
He laughed, picking me up and sitting me on the couch, then going back to get the sandwiches. He handed me one and he had his.
“Go ahead. Eat and enjoy,” he grinned.
I took a bite. “Damn! This is delicious!!!”
“Told ya so.”
I smiled at him, he smiled back. Oh, no. No. No. No.
He pulled me into a kiss and straddled me. He kissed down my neck and then back up to my lips.
“Oh, Joe,” I moaned softly.
He smiled and groaned, “Mmm, Dani.”
I gripped his hair and pulled him into a deeper kiss.
“No...” I said.
He continued kissing my neck.
“J-joe, st-stop. Please. No,” I repeated. I got him off of me and informed, “Joe...I'm not going to cheat on him. I...I won't. If we do this...I don't think we can hang out.”
That hurt. I'm cutting off a real good friend from my life. Shit.
He sighed, “Well, Dani...I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't do it, but I can't help it.”
“Okay...but, I don't want to hurt Craig. You are a great guy, don't get me wrong. But-”
“Yeah, I know. Craig's your husband. I'm an idiot for trying. Well, it was nice while it lasted.”
“Yes...bye, Joe.”
He hugged me and left my condo.
I collapsed on my couch and looked at the grilled cheese sandwich. I put the plate in my lap, only staring at it.
Why is my life so fucking confusing?