Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 06

(Craig's POV)
It was almost 6pm and I was tired as fuck. Weird...
I told the guys, “Hey, I'm gonna head out. Sorry.”
“Yeah, man. It's cool. We know you have a family to care for. We'll keep you updated,” Matt said.
I replied, “Thanks. Well, talk to you guys later.”
I got into my car and called up Dani.
“Hello?” she answered.
I felt a smile appear on my face from hearing her voice. “Hey, hun. I've had a rough day, and I was hoping you and me could go out somewhere nice and fancy tonight to eat. Ya know, just you and me?”
“Of course, baby. I'd love that. I can call up Haylee and Courtney to come chill and take care of stuff since they don't work at this time.”
“What about Joe?” I thought Joe was supposed to be there.
She laughed, “Yeah, he got pretty worn out. Apparently he had a little too much fun at some party last night.”
I laughed. That was pretty funny. “Oh, okay. Well, I'll be there soon baby. Love you, Dani.”
“Love you too, Craig. Forever.”
“Forever and ever.”
“Bye.”
“Bye.”
I put the phone down, not able to get the smile off my face. I love her so damn much. We aren't losing what we had. This is working out. Great.
(Dani's POV)
“Hey Leila. Guess what? Aunt Courtney and Haylee are coming over!!!” I joyfully informed her.
She clapped her hands. “Yay!!! Courtey and Haywee!!!”
I giggled at her absolute cuteness. I heard a knock at the door and opened it.
“Hola!” Haylee greeted.
“That was quick!” I exclaimed, shocked.
She sighed, “I'm magic, chica.”
“Now go get ready, girl!!!” Courtney ordered.
I laughed and changed into a black dress and put on some black flats with purple roses and skulls on them. I put on my make-up which was purple eyeshadow and black eyeliner and finished with a black and white rose clip in my hair. I didn't wanna look too fancy.
I walked out of my room and into the living room, where Craig was already sitting with Leila, Court and Haylee.
“Whoa, you look amazing...as usual,” Craig complimented.
I smiled. “I love you.”
He took my hands in his. “Love you too. I'm gonna change and we'll be on our way, okay?”
I nodded, “Kay, babe.”
He kissed me once and walked to our room. I sat beside Court and Haylee.
“Aaaw, you two are still as cute as you were back in high school!!!” Court exclaimed.
I smiled and blushed, looking down.
“Especially after...what happened. Did you...tell?” Haylee worried.
I sighed, “Almost...b-but I chickened out...Court...please don't get wasted on tour. I know what you do when you get aaallll fucked up.”
She nodded. “Of course.”
She will tell anybody anything if she's drunk enough. Don't need that happening.
“We're here for you, need anything, tell us,” Haylee assured.
I hugged them. “Thanks.”
Craig came out in dark blue skinny jeans, a black shirt with a gray vest over it and black Converse high tops. Fuck, he looked hot.
“You look great,” I smiled, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around him.
“Not as great as you,” he replied, pressing his lips onto mine and wrapping his arms around my waist.
Haylee and Court said in unison, “Aaaw.”
I giggled and pressed my face into Craig's chest. “Stop it you guys.”
“I'm sorry! Please, one picture. Pleeaasseee,” Haylee begged.
I sighed and looked up at Craig. “You wanna?”
“Of course, babe,” he replied.
Craig draped his arm around me and I put an arm around his waist. Haylee took out her camera and right as she took the picture, Craig placed his lips on mine.
“Aaaw!!! How cute!!!” Court squealed.
“You two...look great,” Haylee grinned.
I smiled. “Well, we're gonna head out. Take care of Leila.”
I hugged Leila as did Craig and we walked out of our condo, heading to the elevator. Craig pressed number 1 and the elevator started moving. It stopped once and opened. Then Joe walked in. Yay.
“Hey, man,” Craig greeted.
Joe nodded, “Hey.”
I stayed quiet. Joe pulled out his phone and texted someone, then put it up.
(Courtney's POV)
I handed Leila to Haylee when I heard Dani's cell phone ring. What the fuck?
-You look fucking hot.
From Joe. Son of a bitch! What the hell is wrong with her? Or him? Is she cheating? No...she wouldn't. After what she did at the concert...I don't know...
She did say once she worried about her and Craig's relationship. After all the shit that's been between them...but they're still in love. Right?
“Haylee...come here,” I told her.
She nodded, set Leila in her playpen and looked over at the phone. “No. That fucker Joe better not be trying to tear them apart. Or she better not be cheating on Craig.”
“Do you think she would? Our Dani?” I asked.
She sighed, “No, it doesn't sound like Dani at all.”
She is getting a long talk when she gets home. We love Dani...but we have to be assertive. We can't have our best friend cheating on her husband. No. You know what? I'm gonna give this Joe guy a piece of my mind.
“Court...what are you gonna do?” Haylee inquired.
I replied, “Calling up this Joe guy to cuss him out.”
“Oh, go ahead.”
I dialed his number and waited for him to answer.
“Dani?”
He's gonna get it.