Status: Complete.

I'll Never Sing This Song Without You

Chapter 16

“Um...about what?” I inquired, not so sure.
She sighed, “You know, Beau?”
I nodded, “Ah. What...um...what about him?”
“Have you thought over it? Ya know, forgiving him?” she asked me.
I shrugged, “Yeah, I've thought about it...”
“Well...will you forgive him?” she questioned.
I replied, “I don't know...should I?”
“I don't know. You tell me,” she said, and then got up. “Follow me.” She led me to the living room and there I saw Craig with his mouth duct taped shut and his hands duct taped together, and Beau and Jared holding him down. Beau and Jared stood him up when they noticed me.
“Lexii,” Beau started, “everything can be explained.” He ripped the tape off of Craig's mouth and ordered, “Okay, tell her the truth.”
Craig sighed, “Lexii. I set up the chick to come here and say all of that shit. I wanted you for myself just so I could use you again. So yeah...you can trust Beau. Can I fucking go now?” he groaned and looked at Beau and Jared.
Beau was about to say something before I interrupted, “No, not yet.” I walked up to Craig and told him, placing my hands on his shoulders. “Craig...this is...for everything you have ever fucking done to me.” I forced my knee into his crotch and he immediately fell to the ground in pain. “Yeah, now you can leave, you fucking piece of shit.” I spat at him.
He stayed on the ground and Jared said, “You heard her, OUT.”
Craig forced himself up and stumbled out of the house, mumbling curse words to himself. I smiled, proud at myself, and by the look on Kaitlyn's face, I could tell she was proud, too. I looked over at Beau, who was looking at the ground and occasionally looking up at me, obviously very nervous.
Kaitlyn grabbed Jared's hand and said, “I guess...we'll leave you two alone...to talk.”
Once they were out of the living room, Beau's eyes met mine. I half-smiled at him, and a small smile appeared on his face.
He didn't speak until like a minute later. “See? I didn't have anything to do with that chick...and I really hope you don't think I would ever do something like that to you. I would never want to hurt you Lexii, ever. It killed me to see the look on your face whenever Craig would just straight up leave you. I just want you to be happy, Lex.” He took my hands in his. “Lexii, you're like the greatest, most fantastic girl I have ever met in my entire life, and I'm more than proud that I have to the privilege to call you mine. I know I haven't known you that long and...this...this may sound crazy but,” he took a deep breath and finished, “I fucking love you, Lexii Warth and I will do anything to keep that gorgeous smile on your face.”
I felt tears fill my eyes. “I...I fucking love you, Beau Bokan...with all of my heart.”
The biggest smile formed on his face, which made mine grow even larger. He picked me up and spun me around, his lips on mine. Once he spun around once, he set me down and I saw tears fill that man's eyes. I never thought I'd see Beau fucking Bokan cry. “Lexii, you have just made me the happiest man on the damn planet. Thank you. I love you.”
“Well, Beau, you have made me the happiest girl on the damn planet. I feel like the luckiest girl on earth right now, and I don't think I could be any happier than I am right at this very moment,” I told him. “I love you.”
He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around him. The tears of joy escaped my eyes and I buried my face into his chest. With his loving arms around me, I didn't want to leave this moment. This has to be the most perfect moment of my entire life...so far.
“Awww!” I heard Kaitlyn squeal from behind me.
I looked over at Kait, “Hi, Kait.”
“So...happy couple?” she inquired.
I smiled, smiling just as big as I was when he said he loved me, “Yes. I couldn't be happier.”
Beau wrapped his arms around me and pressed his lips onto mine.
Now this is what I've been waiting for.
(1 year later.)
I ran my hands down my dress, smoothing it out perfectly. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed happily. My dreams are coming true. I checked my hair again and made sure it was just right. My make-up was just right and so was everything else. I've had this planned out since I was like 12 years old, and now it's really happening.
“Lex, can I come in?” I heard Kaitlyn's voice from behind the door.
I called to her, “Yeah, c'mon in.”
She walked in, wearing her bridesmaid dress, or as she called it, 'the most important bridesmaid's dress' since she's my Maid of Honor. When she saw me, she put her hand up to her mouth. “Aw! You look so beautiful! You look like a princess!”
I grinned, “Well, that's what I've wanted ever since I was a little girl. I feel like a princess.”
“Beau is so anxious right now. I know his eyes will light up when he sees you,” she informed me.
All I could do was smile. Kaitlyn giggled and hugged me tightly, careful not to mess up my hair. “Are you ready, Lex?”
I took a deep breath and answered, “Totally. Are Nicole and Nathan ready?” They're my niece and nephews, their mother is Jared and I's older sister Karen. She's 28. Nicole is six and Nathan is ten.
“Yeah, she's got the flowers and he's got the rings ready and their about to walk down the aisle,” she told me. “I just came in to check on you.”
I nodded, “Cool. Well, I guess it's almost-”
“Lexii, honey, c'mon, it's time,” I heard my dad open the door and tell me.
My eyes went wide and Kaitlyn gave me a reassuring smile and pat on the shoulder before walking out of the room. I looked at myself one last time before walking to my dad, who wore a huge grin on his face. We linked arms, and as the music started to play, we walked down the aisle, where Beau stood, then his grooms men, Jared (the best man) then Mike, Eric and Matt. Once we reached the end of the aisle, my dad hugged me and kissed my forehead lightly and sat beside my mom. I stood before Beau, with Kaitlyn (Maid of Honor), my sister Karen, and my friends Sara and Lola behind me.
Kaitlyn was right. Beau's eyes did light up when he saw me. He took my hands in his and a huge smile formed on both of our faces. Then the preacher began speaking. “We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.” He continued to go on about how marriage is the intimate sharing of two lives and all of that, and then came to the I do's. “Beau, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”
He grinned, “I do.”
The preacher said the same to me and I responded the exact same way. Then he came to the rings. Nathan walked to us and Beau took my ring in his hand. The preacher continued, “Beau, will you take this ring and place it on her finger and repeat after me: This ring I give in token and pledge...” Beau repeated, looking me directly in the eyes. “...as a sign of my love and devotion...” The smile on Beau's face grew. “...with this ring, I thee wed.” He slid the gorgeous, glistening ring onto my finger.
I did the same with Beau, sliding his ring onto his finger. The preacher then finished everything up, “Now, I pronounce you, Beau and Lexii, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” With those words, and Beau's lips on mine, I honestly felt whole. Beau's mine. Forever.
After that, we had the wedding reception, where my dad and I, and then Beau and I danced before we ate the spectacular wedding cake. Of course, Jared and Kait got to make a toast beforehand. They both stood side-by-side on the stage, Jared holding the mic, raising his glass and Kait raising hers. Beau and I sat behind the table with the cake, waiting for them to begin.
Jared started the toast, “Well, today, the singer of my band married my baby sister. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen my little sister happier than she was today when Beau put that ring on her finger. And that alone, made me really happy, because Lexii deserves to be with a man that makes her feel on top of the world, and clearly, that man is Beau Bokan! And-”
Kaitlyn grabbed the mic from him and yelled, “HEY! Don't hog up this toast, it's my turn!” I couldn't help but laugh. Only her. “Lexii, I've known you for as long as I can remember, and you are without a doubt my best friend in the entire world. I'm happy that you decided to pick Beau to spend the rest of your life with, 'cause he's a great guy and that's what you deserve! And-”
Jared grabbed the mic from her and said, “Okay, let's cut this short, people are getting impatient. They want cake.” I laughed again, I love them so much. They're hilarious. “Well, Lexii, Beau, I wish you two nothing but happiness for the rest of your lives. Here's to the newly weds!” Everyone clinked their glasses and drank. “TIME FOR CAKE!” Jared declared.
Beau and I stood up and I grabbed the cake knife. Both of us put a hand on it and cut the cake together, kissing after we did so. Cake was served and Beau and I ate, laughing and talking to each other. Beau put a huge chunk of cake in his mouth and swallowed it whole, leaving a bit of frosting on the side of mouth. I held in a laugh.
“What's so funny?” he inquired.
I laughed and rubbed the frosting off with my thumb. “This!” I licked it off my thumb.
He raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his face, “You have no idea where the side of my mouth has been.”
“I'm kinda glad I don't,” I joked. “But, the side of your mouth shouldn't be anywhere it's not supposed to be. We're married now.”
He smiled, “Happily. And I swear, the side of my mouth will always be where it's supposed to be.”
I laughed and returned to eating my cake, the same smile never leaving my face. Beau just kept his eyes on me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow, “What're you lookin' at, Mr. Bokan?”
“Well, Mrs. Bokan, I just can't keep my eyes off of you,” he told me.
I blushed, “Aw, well it's hard to keep my eyes off of you, hun. I love you, Beau.”
He pecked my lips, “I love you, too, Lex.”
“I'm so happy we're finally married,” I said. “I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”
He grinned, “Honestly, I wouldn't want to live my life without you in it.”
Now this...is the most perfect moment of my entire life.
I'll never sing this song with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it, guys :)
Hope you all enjoyed it.
Big thanks to the nine subscribers and 35 readers, even though that's not like A LOT, I still appreciate every one of you, even if I've never received a comment or whatever, haha.
Hope you guys check out my other stories <3