Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Every Night By Their Graves

I sat staring out of the train window as the students of Hogwarts boarded. My bag was placed neatly above my head in the small compartment-type rack. I waited patiently as students scrambled past me to find their friends. Usually I would be on of those students running by to find my friends, but I just wasn’t in the mood. I was never in the mood for my usual activities anymore. I cringed slightly remembering the last words of my father before I left my home.

“You must act like you usually do, no one must suspect anything or else.

My father was a scary man, he was just like Lucius – considering they were bestfriends- they acted more like brothers. He was tall with short brown hair, his eyes always seemed cold that most people referred to him as ‘sir’.
But he wasn’t a good man, not since…

“Hello Alex.”

I jumped at the sound of Blaise Zabini’s voice and glanced to the seat in front of me. There sat Pansy pug –face Parkinson and Blaise Zabini.

I smiled gently at Blaise, “Hello Zabini, how was your summer?”

He grinned at me, “It went well, had some fun with some other Slytherins. How was yours?”

I shrugged, “It was eventful to say the least.”

“How about you Pansy?” Blaise asked, his eyes flickering over to mine.

“It was nice, I went out a lot and hung out with a bunch of Slytherin girls. I didn’t get to see Draco at all which was disappointing,” She frowned and I couldn’t help but scoff. Pansy looked over at me and glared.

“Have something to say Nethers?” She scowled.

I raised my eyebrows, my lip curling into a sneer.

Just as I opened my mouth to reply back to her Draco stepped next to us, putting his bag above our heads. I glance at Pansy giving her another sneer which she scowls back at. Just as a turned back to look at Draco a dark powder began to rain down in the train and the students began to yelp. I glanced around curiously, my eyes flickering back and like a thinning mist, the darkness recedes, the red light of dusk returns and Malfoy is retuned to my vision standing in the doorway of the car. I can see his glance around warily before taking a seat beside me.

“What just happened? Blaise?” Draco asked.

Blaise looked around, seeming slightly tense, “Don’t know.”

Before I could respond to either of the boys Pansy jumps in, “Relax, boys. The lights went out is all. Come, Draco. We’ll be at Hogwarts before you know it.”

I rolled my eyes and turned to face Draco my voice coating with sarcasm, “Well hello to you Draco, how was my summer? Oh it was rather eventful, how was yours? Ah well that sounds rather exciting.”

Draco turned to me, his infamous smirk plastered on his face.

“Hello Ria, how was your summer?” Draco asked, using my nickname since our first year. Only he was allowed to call me Ria. Everyone else called me either Alex or Alexandria, and sometimes by my last name –Nethers.

I smiled, “Like I said before, it was rather eventful.”

Draco smiled at me softly, his smiles were becoming rare.

I glance out the window of the train again, Draco muttering to himself.

“Hogwarts. What a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I’d pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower if I thought I had to continue on for another two years.”

I snorted, slightly feeling the same way.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Pansy asked.

“Let’s just say I don’t think you’ll be seeing me wasting my time in Charms Class next year,” Draco replies smoothly.

Blaise and I let out snort while Pansy glances at us confused.

“Amused, Blaise? We’ll see just who’s laughing in the end,” Draco stated.

Blaise rolls his eyes, a smile tugging at his lips as he looks out the window, “Alex snorted too, why not say something to her as well?”

Draco opened his mouth to reply but his eyes shift over to the bag above his head. I glance at Pansy and Blaise to see them both looking out the window. Then I look up to where Draco is looking to see his bag in the upper rack shift slightly.

Draco glances at me, catching me stare but I shrug my shoulders and look out the window, silently telling him that I saw nothing. I glance up at Draco to see him eyeing the bag wearily again, before glaring at it.

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was silent, there was a snide comment from either Draco or me and then Pansy whining about something else.

Blaise, Pansy and I all stand up to leave and Draco remains in his seat.

I look curiously at him and he simply replies.

“You three go on. I want to check something.”

I make sure I’m the last person out and Draco follows me shutting the door behind me. Blaise is standing by one of the carriges waiting for me and I smile, motioning to him that I will be there. I put my luggage down and pretend I’m looking for something.

The last thing I hear before I get up and walk away from the train is Draco yelling, “Didn’t mummy ever tell you it’s bad manners to eavesdrop, Potter? Petrificus Totalus!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story on here, aswell as my first Draco Malfoy story. I hope you enjoy and a comment would be nice! :D If you notice any mistakes please don't be afraid to tell me. :) But let me know what you think!
Comment / Subscribe.

xoxo,
Alexa.