You Get A LIFETIME

Chapter Eight

*2 Weeks Later*

“Way,” The prison guard grunts, “You have visitors.”

“Visitors?” I ask looking up surprised, from where I was sitting on the floor, “You?”

“Fucked if I know.” He says as he unlocks my cell, “Just come on.”

I walked down the dark corridor leading into the bright, open visitors room. I look around and see Mom, Dad and Gerard. Gerard was giving me a look of pure hatred and I noticed he had bags under his eyes.

I sat down opposite Mom and Dad and Gerard stood behind them with his hand on Mom’s shoulder.

“He Mom, hey Dad, hey Gee.” I say in a small voice.

“Hello Michael.” Dad says, Mom starts crying and Gerard folded his arms and turned his back on us.

We sat there for a couple on minutes in silence. I couldn’t face any of them so I just looked down.

“What are you doing here?” I turn to Dad.

“I’m your fucking father, I have every fucking right to see my fuck-up of a son if I fucking want to.” Dad snaps.

Gerard turns around; “Him and Mom are back together in Jersey, no thanks to you.” He emphasizes the ‘you’.

Tears start pouring down my face.

Another 5 minutes of silence pass. Mom was just looking down crying, he make-up was all smudged and that was when I noticed she had a black eye.

“Mom?” I slowly ask, “Did he do this to you?”

She shook her head.

“Mom. I’m so sor…”

“Save it Michael” Dad interrupts.

“No Dad! Why don’t you just fuck off? She’s my mother and I’ll fucking talk to her if I want.” My voice rising so that people around us look over, Gerard even stared at me, he was normally the one that yelled at Dad.

“Maybe we should go?” Dad says looking at Mom, “He’s obviously not himself.”

“No.” Mom whispered. “He’s right. I never should have let you back. You’ve ruined all our lives.”

“Well then fuck you too if you’re gonna be like that” Dad slammed his hand down and then stormed off.

“Come on Mom, let’s go. We can catch a cab home.” Gerard said.

“Okay, Hun. We’ll come and see you real soon kay Mikey? And remember if you tell the truth in court you’d be okay? If you lie they’ll increase you’re sentence. We gotten the best lawyer we could afford.” Mom said getting up. Gerard helped her put her jacket on and she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

With that they walked off. ‘So that was that’ I thought. ‘My brother, mother and I’m guessing my best/only friend have all walked out on me.’