Status: Read Author's Note Please <3

Whisper Wreckless

Welcome To La Push

Image

“How is shipping me off to some random place in Washington going to help me?” I shouted at my mom.

“It’ll get you away from the bad influences here! You need a new surrounding; La Push is a good place Lynn!”

“I don’t know anyone there! And I barely even know the people you ‘re gonna have me living with!”

“I assure you your cousin Sam will take good care of you! He’s a good man, Lynn. He’ll keep you safe and out of trouble.”

How could she do this to me? How? I understand that I’m not the best daughter, but I didn’t deserve this. I haven’t even done anything so remotely bad to get sent away. The bad influences my mom was talking about? My two best friends, Elizabeth and Asher. The worst thing we had probably had ever done was smoke weed when were fifteen. That was about it.

Honestly, I thought I was a pretty good kid. I kept my grades up; I participated in school, I volunteered at soup kitchens and worked at an animal shelter. Trust me, I’m the furthest thing from terrible. My mom just needs an excuse to send me away.

Ever since she started seeing Dan, life got complicated for me. He was constantly around and all my mom ever thought about was him and their life together. Dan wasn’t my biggest fan, he turned my mother and I against one another. He would tell her that I was on my way to a life of damn crime if I kept hanging out with Asher and Elizabeth, that I was doing drugs and having sex behind her back. And guess what? She believed him.

She didn’t bother talking to me about any of this. She only told me this morning that I was leaving. She had called my cousin Sam, and asked if I could stay with him for awhile. Saying I wasn’t going down the “right path” here in Scottsdale. He had agreed, saying La Push would be my best bet on the road to “recovery”.

“Mom, please don’t do this.” I begged. “I’m your daughter, don’t let this happen.”

“I’m sorry, Lynn. But you did this to yourself.” She said as she threw more of my clothes in my suitcase. “Now come on, start packing.” She said as she left my room.

Once she was out of earshot I called Elizabeth.

“Lynn!” She exclaimed happily. “I was just about to call you.”

“I’m leaving.” I said bluntly.

“What do you mean you’re leaving? Are you on your way over or something?”

“No, Liz. I mean, my mom’s sending me away; I’m leaving to Washington.

“What?” She shouted. “But why?”

“Dan got to her, saying Scottsdale wasn’t a good place for me. She thinks everyone here is a bad influence on me, therefore she’s ending me to live with my cousin in La Push.”

“You can’t go!” She said sadly. “What about Asher and I?” How the hell are we supposed to even function without you?”

“I’m sorry.” I said sadly. “I tried talking her out of it, but it’s not happening.”

“Shit.” Elizabeth muttered. “Asher and I will be over in like, ten minutes, okay?”

“Okay.” She then hung up and I continued to pack my things.

And then in ten minutes sure enough I heard them running up my stairs and they burst through my door. They ran inside of my room and held me tightly in a hug.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” Asher said sadly.

“I’m gonna miss you guys to.” I told them, tears cascading down my cheeks.

“Don’t worry, we’ll visit it you as soon as we can.” Elizabeth told me.

“Lynn, are you almost finished packing?” Dan asked, leaning against my door frame. Asher and Elizabeth pulled away from me and glared at him.

“Yeah, almost.” I said, wiping my eyes.

“Good, your mom say you guys are leaving in fifteen minutes.” He said as he left.

“I guess we should just help you pack.” Asher said.

We put the rest of my clothes and accessories into my three suitcases. We hauled all of my things down the stairs and into my mom’s trunk.

“We’ll e-mail, IM, text each other all the time, okay?” I told Elizabeth as tears poured down her cheeks.

Next I moved onto Asher, who was trying to hold everything in. “Asher, you know we can’t stop talking to each other for like, ten minutes.” I said smiling. “This is gonna be cake.” I saw a tear start to fall from his eyes, and I leaned in to hug him tightly, and I felt him shake with sobs.

Elizabeth joined in on the hug, and we all held each other closely. We wouldn’t be like this for a long time, and I was going to miss them so much.

“You ready?” My mom asked, as she appeared in font of her side of the car.

We pulled away from one another, sniffling and wiping our noses.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I hugged my best friends one more time and got into my mother’s car. I looked out the back window as she drove away. Elizabeth and Asher had theirs hands laced together and waved at me sadly. I didn’t stop looking back until they were a dull blob in the background.

I was officially gone. I was no longer a citizen of Scottsdale, Arizona; but of La Push, Washington. Oh joy. I didn’t really know what to expect from this place. From what I’d been told it was a small town, and almost everyone was a part of an Indian tribe. I was only half Quiliete, from my father‘s side. My mom was white, so I expected I wouldn’t be as a dark as everyone else. But I still did have some type of color on my skin.

I knew what to expect from Sam, though. He was always a stand up guy, everyone looked to him because he was such a good person. But he was also tough, he didn’t have anyone treat him disrespectfully. I had last seen Sam two years ago, he came to visit my mom after my dad died and stayed the weekend. I didn’t really talk to him much, it didn’t seem like he’d been very interested me at the time.

I knew Sam would probably think I was some drug crazed teenager whose life was spinning out of control. He’d probably lock me in the house at all times and just throw away the key. I wouldn’t blame him, though. After what my mother had probably told him, he must’ve been thinking that I would cause nothing but trouble.

I shook my head in disbelief. I still couldn’t believe that she was sending me off to Sam. I understand that he was her nephew in a way, but what made him so special? What made her think that he would “change” me? If that was what was needed to happen to me. I guess I would just have to see.

My plane had already landed. And I was getting all of my bags together and placing them on a luggage cart because I wasn’t able to carry all three by myself. I headed outside, looking for Sam. But instead I saw a girl with a sign in her hand with my name printed across it.

She looked a few years older than me. She had long black hair and dark skin. She was quite beautiful, even though she had scars on one side of her face. I started walking towards her and she noticed me coming. She grinned widely and came over to me.

“Lynn?”

“That’s me.” I said smiling.

“Oh, it’s so nice to finally meet you.” She said as she hugged me tightly. Which was something I definitely hadn’t expected.

“I’m Emily,” She said as she pulled away. “Sam’s fiance.”

I smiled happily. “Congratulations!” I told her sincerely. “I’m so happy for you guys.”

“Thank you so much. Now how about we get on our way so that we can see Sam?” She said, still smiling.

“Awesome.”

She helped me with putting my luggage away in the trunk of her car. Once in the car we started talking about various things. Mostly about Sam and their relationship. I was glad that was the one doing all of the talking, I wasn’t one for much conversation about myself. I learned that they’ve been dating for a number of years, and have been engaged for about two. But the wedding was scheduled for this summer.

“So are you happy to see Sam again?” She asked me as we made our way into La Push.

“Yeah, I guess. I haven’t seen him in awhile, so it’ll be nice.” I said smiling.

“Well, you don’t sound to excited.” Emily said, still smiling softly.

“It’s just, complicated; I guess.”

“I know, the whole thing with your mom and all. You know, she made you out to seem like a bad kid; but it’s obvious you’re not.”

“I’m glad someone noticed.” I said chuckling.

“Don’t worry, Sam’s looking forward to having you stay down here for the rest of summer. And Sam and the rest of the guys will look out for you.”

“The rest of the guys?” I asked.

“Yeah, Sam and his friends. Trust me, you’ll love them; they’re really great. But they eat like dogs, so make sure whenever they’re over you get your plate of food first.” She said chuckling.

“Will do.” I said smiling.

“Most of them are around your age, so I’m pretty sure you’ll get along with al of them. Well, most of them.”

“Most of them?” I said smiling.

“Yeah, one of the guys, Paul, is a little difficult. Don’t get me wrong he’s a good guy, he just takes some getting used to, that’s all.”

“Oh okay, I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Here we are.” Emily said with a grin on her face. I looked up and saw that she pulled in front of a small house. Then I noticed all around us was a wooded area. Secluded much? We stepped out of the car and that’s when I saw Sam come out. He looked exactly the same as the last time I saw him.

“Lynn.” He said smiling as he came down the steps.

“Hey Sam.” I said smiling. He walked over to me and gave me a tight hug. “Sam, you’re burning up!”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” He said chuckling as he pulled away. “Let’s get your stuff inside.”

Sam went to the back and pulled out all of luggage and started carrying them into the house.

“Wow, he’s really strong.”

“Yeah, he is.” Emily said smiling.

Emily and I trailed being him into the house. Once inside I I was given a tour of the small cottage; and then Sam showed me to my room.

“It’s not much, but I hope you like it.”

He opened the door for me and I immediately smiled. It wasn’t much, but I always loved thigns that were just plain simple. The room was painted a shade of lavender, their was a full sized bed in the middle against the wall. A nightstand next to it, and on the other side of it was a drwer. On the left side of the wall was a desk and on the opposite wall were doors that led to a small balcony outside.

“Sam, I love it!” I gushed.

“Really?” He asked surprised.

“Yes, it’s so simple. But it looks so put together.” I said, grinning up at him.

Sam scratched the back of his neck. “Well great, I was hoping you liked it. Well, I’ll let you get settled. You must be tired, so we’ll call you down when dinner’s done, okay?”

“Sure.” I said smiling.

Sam left me to my room and I jumped into my plush bed,

Welcome to your new life, Lynn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go everyone! Their aren't enough Paul stories to get me through, so I decided to write my own for your entertainment! I hope you all enjoy it, remember, this is only the first chapter, so give this a chance. Comments are very much appreciated, and add fuel to my writing and get me updating faster.
And subscribe.
I can't stess that part enough. So get to it!
~Minnie <3